Advan AVS Model 5's, where are you at?

anyone know where to obtain the center caps and/or the little screws?

These just arrived from nsxot1c, one wheels suffered some minor damage in shipping but I'm not too worried about it since these are all getting refinished/powdercoated tomorrow. I posted a pic a few pages ago of the new proposed color.

733777_3983775331690_432798694_n.jpg

These just arrived from nsxot1c, one wheels suffered some minor damage in shipping but I'm not too worried about it since these are all getting refinished/powdercoated tomorrow. I posted a pic a few pages ago of the new proposed color.

733777_3983775331690_432798694_n.jpg

18/19? How much to refinish down there in ChiTown?

for sure 18/19. in toronto im guesstimating its about 100$/wheel. im actually shocked that nsxotic states that at his wheel shop its 300$. ridiculously good price imo.

- - - Updated - - -

for sure 18/19. in toronto im guesstimating its about 100$/wheel. im actually shocked that nsxotic states that at his wheel shop its 300$. ridiculously good price imo.

I think its HIS wheel shop tho.... How much for Johnny Wheelspin coming off the street? :D

LOL I work in finance... definitely not "MY" wheel shop. Yes those are 18/19.

Going rate here for a strip/refinish/powdercoat is $75 per wheel and I'm in NY.

$75->$100 is not THAT much of a difference. LOL

You mean like this... :D

AVSAdvanModel5_zpscfbd042e.jpg

man, they want to charge me $125-$175 to fix minor curb rash around here... I was recently quoted $400 and you've seen my rims... one is kinda tacky, other two...very minor.

man, they want to charge me $125-$175 to fix minor curb rash around here... I was recently quoted $400 and you've seen my rims... one is kinda tacky, other two...very minor.

Exactly as Synth said. It's all about who you know and your approach... I would never walk in off the street to a shop without shopping it around and/or negotiating. Try a few different shops, and as far as fixing minor curb rash; That's something you should be able to do yourself with a little elbow grease.

- - - Updated - - -

In additon to that... believe it or not it is actually cheaper and more efficient to have 4 wheels blasted and refinished rather than 1 or 2 repaired and matched to the others.

Okay..... with that being said, Grand Rapids, MI is NOT Chicago or New York. I am sure I could probably get them done substantially cheaper in Detroit which is the same distance from me as Chicago (approx 2 hours).

So yeah, I guess its a matter of who you know and your approach as with any place. But if there are say... 5 rim repair shops in a 40 mile radius versus 20+ in a 20 mile radius, it becomes more of a vendors market, not customer market. And there are going to be fewer people in your circle most likely that might be able to offer some discount.

I have another guy who knows some people and said they can hook me up on a great deal, just havent gone by there yet but plan to once I break the car out of prison

Last edited:
The problem i've had with powdercoating is that because they're so durable you're pretty much married with them for life. If you decide to change the color it's a pain to remove it. To do so often requires super abrasive treatment like media blasting. There's also a fraction of internet surfers who think by heating up the wheel so hot it changes the metalurgy (i.e. strength) of the aluminum wheel itself. Who knows...

I've wanted to powercoat my track wheels for years but somehow can't pull the trigger. I personally would not PC my Model 5s. I would paint them if the original finish went bad, sure.

What are you guys seeing for rates for a straight powdercoat for each wheel in your areas. Perfect condition wheels that need no work but just needs a new color.

Two places i've gotten local quotes from for 17/18 wheels for my nsx has been 350 and the other 380 to just PC a set of 17/18. These local prices are based on what size each of the wheels are.

These are great looking wheels. Where can I find a set in 18/19? TIA

you're going to need to send a message to nsxot1c, he's the "king" of Advan AVS Model 5's.

These are great looking wheels. Where can I find a set in 18/19? TIA

Hi, yes as Mike mentioned I may part with my 18/19 set.

Mike needs a million to let his go... but I don't blame him. Doesn't get any better than these wheels!!

Sincerely Don aka Advan Model 5 King

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys, Check out this set of 17/18 I had put away for my Berlina, but listed them last night... Clean? :eek:

All original, never refinished. I was told they were mounted and put on the car many years ago then removed and stored. I believe it!!

IMG_9011_zps0e95e6af.jpg

IMG_8998_zps216e69a2.jpg

IMG_8995_zps9d46d466.jpg

IMG_9013_zpse3b16580.jpg

IMG_9016_zps22d9f5cf.jpg

below are a few links of advan 5s that i just happend to find. ads seem to be current.

800$ for a set of 4 18.7.5+50 wheels (no tires) 5.114

would make 2 beautiful sets of front wheels 18x7.5 +50 (likely need a 15mm spacer) provided you have 19s already (i could have sworn there is someone trying to sell a set of 19x10 rears on prime) (edit, have added the some links below)

disclaimer - i have no affiliation to any of these sellers whatsoever. one is a set of 19x8 + 19x9 for $1800 (5 wheels), while another link is a set of set of 4 19x10 +19 (aggressive rear fitment) for $2300 usd shipped no tires.

perhaps 2 prime members who want 18/19s (tommy ... gil ?) can work something out fast. EACH 18/19 set even after shipping would work out to 2 grand TOPS + refinishing costs. i think that refinishing may not even be necessary if the pictures are real/current. they look to all be oem silver and in good shape.

hope this info helps 1 (hopefully 2) primers here.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/pts/3640335129.html (18 inch set of 4)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/168469-WTS-Advan-Model-5-19x8-19x9?highlight=advan (19 inch set of 5)

http://www.stancenation.com/forums/...19-Advan-AVS-Model-5-w-275-30-19-Dunlop-DZ101 (19 inch set of 4)

Last edited:
Back