Acura vs Honda badge

my question is:
are you going to re-badge your cars with the H emblem when the japanese ones have the "A" on it?

once again, your car isn't a honda. it's a left hand drive, non fog light, long- geared acura. sucks to be you.

If the cars are "Acura" branded everywhere in the world, then there is no longer any reason to rebadge it, IMO. Acura only existed in North America (and Hong Kong on a limited basis), while it was Honda everywhere else in the world. For example, even though VW and Audi are basically the same company, an Audi is an Audi everywhere in the world. A Lincoln is a Lincoln everywhere in the world, and so on and so forth.

For 2002+, there actually *are* left hand drive, non fog light, equivalent geared Honda NSXs produced from the factory. :biggrin:

For 1997-2001, there are factory built left hand drive, equivalent geared Honda NSXs that you can add fog lights to.

For 1991-1996, you can go a step further and change the gearing as well (and many people have). :)

If the cars are "Acura" branded everywhere in the world, then there is no longer any reason to rebadge it, IMO. Acura only existed in North America (and Hong Kong on a limited basis), while it was Honda everywhere else in the world. For example, even though VW and Audi are basically the same company, an Audi is an Audi everywhere in the world. A Lincoln is a Lincoln everywhere in the world, and so on and so forth.

For 2002+, there actually *are* left hand drive, non fog light, equivalent geared Honda NSXs produced from the factory. :biggrin:

For 1997-2001, there are factory built left hand drive, equivalent geared Honda NSXs that you can add fog lights to.

For 1991-1996, you can go a step further and change the gearing as well (and many people have). :)

still comes with acura written on half of it.... from the factory :wink:

anyway, it is kind of a stupid argument - do what you will, but i've seen some ridiculous prices for just badges. (and then you got the steering wheel, etc.) seems like a waste.
either way, we can all agree it's still an nsx and it kicks ass :cool:

my question is:
are you going to re-badge your cars with the H emblem when the japanese ones have the "A" on it?

once again, your car isn't a honda. it's a left hand drive, non fog light, long- geared acura. sucks to be you.

Actually, it is great to be me. It must suck to be you and devote so much time to trying to make other people feel miserable for doing something they enjoy. Why don't you just drop it and move on? :rolleyes:

I am one of those that is trying to find out what part# for a red background Honda badge (for front end) to purchase in order to replace the Acura Badge.

If anyone can provide advice on where to purchase, and what part#... I would be most thankful for your help. PS- I live in Orange County, CA.

Thanks Again, Ted

I am one of those that is trying to find out what part# for a red background Honda badge (for front end) to purchase in order to replace the Acura Badge.

If anyone can provide advice on where to purchase, and what part#... I would be most thankful for your help. PS- I live in Orange County, CA.

Thanks Again, Ted

Thanks Again, Ted

Ted,

Be aware that there are several styles of red Honda badges. Some are more square-ish (older style), while others are the more current round-ish... and still, some are smaller, while others are larger.

Steve

You'll have to find someone who can buy it for you from Honda in Japan. I used to own a '91 Sebering Silver that was converted to Honda (emblem, wheel caps, taillights and Honda airbag - even the cassette deck door). When I bought my Sebring Silver emblem the part number on the bag was 75700-SL0-000ZF. I searched Google for this part number and it came back with this webpage listing many Japan spec parts with part numbers (translated page). I copied the link to a site that will translate it to English. I see the part number matches to Sebring Silver. Looking for the emblem with the red background, I believe the part number is 75700-SL0-000ZA. It's listed as Formula and the only Formula color is Formula Red.

There are two other red emblems in the list but they are for the Type R and Type S.

Last edited:
I changed everything that said Acura to Honda because to me that is what the car really is. It is a Honda with Honda racing heritage, and is recognized as a Honda everywhere else in the world. To me Acura is just a status badge that I do not really care about.

+1 I agree with you!!

Last edited:
I prefer the NA1 style Square type "H". Looks more sporty IMO. Besides, everyone thinks it's the new Honda Sports car.

DSC01923.JPG

You can get either one from SOS
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Honda/front_badge/

Last edited:
Back