Acura All Texas (and anyone else) Meet/Drive

Nice looking message board over there but how come there is no NSX forum at the top? We must be outdated like the Legend :smile:

They don't even try with models that have established forums (nsxprime, acuramdx.org, acura-legend.com, clubrsx) :D.

Daniel - if so we can cruise up together, though the highway up there isn't the most interesting if I remember correctly :). Anyone else in SA? I know there are a few TSX and TL from here planning to go also.

I'm interested in going. I will check my schedule. So is this going to officially be NSXTexpo? If so, someone print up some cool T-shirts. X-L for me please:biggrin:

Go figure, when NSXPO was going on I had to go to the UK on business, now this is getting setup for mid Jan, and I'm scheduled to go out again the first couple weeks in Jan.

Why must work always interfere with play. :frown:

Hmmm...subscribed. If I can get some mileage on my engine and get it tuned properly, I may be able to make it. It's a long shot though.

From AcuraZine:
Tentative Schedule: (feedback appreciated)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday 1/13-
-?? - 10:30am - Drive to Austin
-10:30 - 11am - Gather at Starbucks (location/directions will be provided)
-11am - 1pm - Hill Country Drive
-1p - 2pm - Lunch (see below)
-2pm - 6pm - Hotel check-ins, wash cars, relax and hang out with friends. Maybe have a mini-meet at one of the hotels?
-6pm - 8pm - Dinner Downtown Austin
-8pm - ?? - Party on 6th Street
-8pm - optional Home Depot Car Meet
-?? - drive home for some people
------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday 1/14-
-Checkout from Hotels
-Breakfast in Austin
-Drive home
-Optional: -Drive to Fredericksburg for brunch/lunch and wine tasting.
-12noon Lunch
-2pm - Drive Home. to dallas ~4hours
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I think that we should start the drive NO EARLIER than 11am. The folks coming from Dallas will need about 3-3.5 hours to get to Austin. I don't want to make anyone get up too early.

We can make a 12:30-1pm lunch time while on the drive or when the drive is over. Final lunch location and time still being discussed.

Then after lunch everyone will have time to go wash off any cars, if needed. If some people want to go sightsee or hang out that afternoon they can. If people have hotels for the night they can go check-in and relax before the evening events.

Is the car meet in the Home Depot parking lot still going on in Austin on Saturday nights? This would be a good option for some people to do if they don't want to party that evening.

We should plan on dinner around 6pm and then let the evening festivities grow from there. Any recommendations on a place downtown for us to gather and eat dinner?

Once everyone has had a chance to digest this and provide any modifications or suggestions I will repost the final schedule. Lets spend this next week doing this part.

If my schedule allows for it, I'll be there for the Saturday portion of the meet.

Good roads!

I'm keeping an eye on this. I exchanged some PMs with the organizer at AcuraZine to get an idea of the route. Although I don't know the exact route, I do know who's in charge of planning it: I'm pretty sure it will be a fun one. :)

Oh yeah, I'll be there. With new engine management and everything ;). I've got some time set aside on Wednesday to make her shine, hopefully it won't rain Saturday.

Ricky

Want to set up the time and meeting place for us H-town folks to roll out Saturday morning?
And having not checked the thread for the meeting point in Austin, we should figure out whether to take I-10 to 71 vs a straight shot on 290.

Back