A "Unicorn" is now mine...

Since it's all original I really think you should just keep it the way it is. Why do you want to put Honda badge on this car? Just keep it original. Once you start changing things the car's collectibility goes down the drain.

I better not ever change tires than! LOL! :D

Seriously, I understand your point and I do agree. I'm not intending to make any permanent changes to the car. A bolt-on here...a bolt-on there maybe, but nothing that cannot be reversed at a later date.

The car is a Honda...Acura is Honda. Remember the AC/DC song, "Who Made Who"? Acura started out as a hand puppet...with Honda working it's mouth. I'm lead to believe they are their own car company now...not sure & really don't care because their current offerings are of zero interest to me.

As far as scratches & what-not...I am reminded of a signature line (belonging to James Glickenhaus) on FerrariChat:

"Not putting miles on your NSX so it will be worth more when you sell it, is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more attractive to her next boyfriend."

Sure, we may only be their temporary care-takers, but for the love of God, get out there and ENJOY the silly thing...you've earned it!

Acura is a higher brand than Honda, not sure the purpose of downgrading the car's image.

Again (see above): Acura started out as a hand puppet...with Honda working it's mouth. Could still be that way.

Honda IS NOT a lesser brand...they're equal in my book.

Again (see above): Acura started out as a hand puppet...with Honda working it's mouth. Could still be that way.

Honda IS NOT a lesser brand...they're equal in my book.

I had dinner with a good friend of mine last night (a car guy) who owns an
LF-A. I asked him if he would consider rebadging it a Toyota. He laughed his head (yours and mine too ?) off !

Last edited:
LF-A. I asked him if he would consider rebadging it a Toyota. He laughed his head (yours and mine too ?) off !

That is funny, BUT...I'd re-badge an LF-A as a Toyota in a wet New York second!

...but that's because it would be in the (mean) spirit of reminding "John Q. Public" that a Lexus is nothing more than a "over-priced Toyota with leather". ..just seeing if I can un-do a little of the work Lexus' marketing dept has done.

:D

...plus, it'd be funny to do.

Im jelous :) congrats man. Did you check the transmission number for the snap ring range?

Hmmm...that didn't come up. I should check on it soon though.

Off-hand, any idea where the tranny number is again...and what numbers are consider to be in the "bad" snap-ring range?

I could call Acura....

I prefer to think of mine as a Pegacorn not a Unicorn!

Pegasus.jpg

Two reasons:

1) Pegacorn is even rarer than Unicorn
2) Pegacorn can defeat Sasquatch!

My Pegacorn
6636185331_b7be014de2_z.jpg

Back