A "Unicorn" is now mine...

I did it. I bought a "new" NSX today...

White....genuine one owner..."virginal"...58k miles...'92 model (no BS passenger-side air bag taking away from the glove compartment)...totally 100% bone stock...full, and I mean FULL records from original & OCD, anal-retentive owner her entire life, factory car cover in original bag, dash mat (not needed) front bra (also includes side mirror bra covers - never seen those before), extra power antenna thrown in (the original is "sticking" sometimes in going down), new trunk struts, new clutch about 2,000 miles ago, EVERY book on the NSX including (yes, even the "surprise" follow-up-to-your-new-purchase technology breakdown book), NEVER WRECKED, all original, all the keys (never used titanium key), meticulously maintained, no oil or fluid leaks, has dealer-added remote power door lock entry with both fobs & "pleather" covers...can I get any better than this?!?!?

Drives like a brand new car...and still smells exactly the same...I'm in heaven.

PS: Could use some new rear tires...but I'm not bitching at this point.

Attachments

• 101_8861.jpg
    101_8861.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 675
Last edited:
Congrats!

Very good find and goodies

Enjoy and many safe miles to you

I did it. I bought a "new" NSX today...

White....genuine one owner..."virginal"...58k miles...'92 model (no BS passenger-side air bag taking away from the glove compartment)...totally 100% bone stock...full, and I mean FULL records from original & OCD, anal-retentive owner her entire life, factory car cover in original bag, dash mat (not needed) front bra (also includes side mirror bra covers - never seen those before), extra power antenna thrown in (the original is "sticking" sometimes in going down), new trunk struts, new clutch about 2,000 miles ago, EVERY book on the NSX including (yes, even the "surprise" follow-up-to-your-new-purchase technology breakdown book), NEVER WRECKED, all original, all the keys (never used titanium key), meticulously maintained, no oil or fluid leaks, has dealer-added remote power door lock entry with both fobs & "pleather" covers...can I get any better than this?!?!?

Drives like a brand new car...and still smells exactly the same...I'm in heaven.

PS: Could use some new rear tires...but I'm not bitching at this point.

That is AWESOME!! How did you find it?

Thank you to all for the well-wishes! Yes, I will post more pictures.

I found it by simple who-you-know networking. I meet, socialize, and interact with many people at various car events. You can't help end up learning who owns what...and sometimes when they might be so inclined as to find a new home for one of their toys.

Had I passed on this one, it would have eventually "made it to market" - being publicly advertised, that is.

I tend to think that some cars just change hands without ever seeing the eBay, Auto Trader, or Craig's List circuit...this just happened to be one of them.

Oh yeah...does anyone know the best / easiest / proper way to remove the hood emblem...so I can properly badge the car as the Honda it really is? :)

Oh yeah...does anyone know the best / easiest / proper way to remove the hood emblem...so I can properly badge the car as the Honda it really is? :)

There was a thread about this like 2 days ago. It's probably still in the first couple pages of results. Once again , congratulations!

A heat gun or hairdryer, some fishing line or dental floss, and some patience. :biggrin:

There was a thread about this like 2 days ago. It's probably still in the first couple pages of results.

In what section? I'll try the search function...

There are no screws behind the Acura logo...it just pulls straight out, right? I mean, I don't have to access behind it in order to remove it...

There are no screws behind the Acura logo...it just pulls straight out, right? I mean, I don't have to access behind it in order to remove it...

If anything, it'll just have 2 prongs set into two holes in the bumper for alignment purposes. No screws.

Don't forget the airbag, cassette dust cover, and tail light center for the total rebadge to Honda.

Depends on your level of rebadge detail / anal-ness

subscribed for unicorns........................

Congrats on your new purchase. The front emblem can be pryed off. I used dental floss to get up underneath it.

I hate you.:biggrin:

Just kidding, of course. Seems as though you have found the holy grail of NSX ownership, at least in my book: unmolested, relatively low mileage, well-maintained and documented early NSX, and on top of it all, again, in my opinion, the best color, GPW. If I had not bought a friend's '91 red, I'm sure I would have considered GPW at least as high a priority as Forumla Red.

Wishing you many happy miles and years together!

Charlie says "Congrats"...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QFCSXr6qnv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back