A little disappointed

Ya i'm not thrilled with the Gt's interior either. I rank the hondas in this order... nsx-s2k-gsr-civic si. best to least of course but they all have they're little features.

I'm surprised at how many people like the GSR. I have an NSX, S2000, and just sold my GSR FINALLY!!!:rolleyes: I have to say, the NSX rank in the top OBVIOUSLY since it is a spectacular car in every way. The S2000, is ALOT of fun but a bit quirky and not as sure footed as the NSX. The S2000 doesn't have that addicting desire to drive her as the NSX does. Now the GSR, well....it's a kinda fun car; however, I hate the way it's set up. I mean, I feel like I'm driving a Go Kart (and I don't mean performance). The seat sits high, the steering wheel can't be placed low so it is directly in front of you (almost like F1 style), rather it angles up towards you like driving a school bus or large truck. The S2000 steering wheel and seats are set so you FEEL like you're in a race car:eek:!! The NSX Takes it to the Next level making you feel like you are inside a very special car indeed:biggrin:

Many people compliment my car. After thanking them, I say "The looks are nice, but it's nothing compared to how the car drives!". I've had several people drive my car and say something along the lines of "OMG!! This car is incredible!! Now I see why you love it so much!!"

But, yes....I too replaced the stock steering wheel (Too big for my tastes) with a Sparco Ring Steering wheel like the one above. I think it's a fun mod to the car if you don't mind loosing the airbag :redface:

I'm a new S2000 owner (07 Silverstone) and I don't understand how BLADESNSX says this car doesn't have "an addicting feeling to drive"...I hardly sleep at night knowing I'll be driving my car in the morning. What is it about the screaming motor, sharp handling, and convertible feel that your missing?

However, with that being said I'm very keen to pick up my first NSX this year so I can't wait to write about the ownership experience of both spectacular cars.

Its like waiting for Santa to come!!!

Jetpilot

I'm a new S2000 owner (07 Silverstone) and I don't understand how BLADESNSX says this car doesn't have "an addicting feeling to drive"...Jetpilot

I can say that because I own BOTH cars. When comparing the two, I find the NSX to be MORE addicting than the S2000.

I'll call up Santa and to have Xmas come early for you so you can understand what I am saying as well. Don't get me wrong, the S2000 is one heck of a car, but my love for the NSX is: (with a french accent) "AAaah, she sets my soul on FIRE, it is not....eh, just a little spark. It is a FLAME, a big ROARING FLAME". ~ Tom & Jerry :biggrin:

Well, you can compare them, but you won't find a great number of similarities :wink: :smile:.

I drive an NSX, Integra GSR and S2000. They are all different cars, but similar in that they all share the Honda design DNA. They all feel great when in VTEC and have that "Honda" feel to them - not too comfy, not too harsh - just a nice balance.

BTW - the steering wheels on all three cars are different. :smile:

I have as well and they all feel different to me lol. A gsr vtec doesn't feel the same or sound the same to me. It's like comparing a 330ci to an M6 lol, same family but don't come close in so many aspects.

I' been looking at cars. Mostly photos and getting a feel for what a car will cost and how much car I can afford.

So some of the photos are marginal, but some are quite good.

The other day I got a view of a really nice interior shot of a 2002 T.

The steering wheel is EXACTLY the same as the wheel in my 2000 Integra GSR.

Now I know that it does not really diminish the car, but the interface between the driver and the car is the first indication of the really special nature of the car. I was expecting something, well, special.

From a photo, you probably didn't notice the raise thumb rest on the NSX steering wheel which is not on the Integra on any other Honda steering wheel. I find this feature on the NSX steering wheel to be very comfortable and I wish this feature is on all Honda steering wheels.

I'm a new S2000 owner (07 Silverstone) and I don't understand how BLADESNSX says this car doesn't have "an addicting feeling to drive"...I hardly sleep at night knowing I'll be driving my car in the morning. What is it about the screaming motor, sharp handling, and convertible feel that your missing?

However, with that being said I'm very keen to pick up my first NSX this year so I can't wait to write about the ownership experience of both spectacular cars.

Jetpilot

I miss my S :frown:

I miss my S :frown:

me too, I think the S2000 is more addicting to drive, it feels so light and nimble, not to mention solid. although my NSX is solid (especially with the tein RAs) Sometimes i feel that the NSX is hard to drive, since its bigger than the NSX, and I like the steering in the S2000, very light and precise. The NSX is a bit heavy but still precise.

I' been looking at cars. Mostly photos and getting a feel for what a car will cost and how much car I can afford.

So some of the photos are marginal, but some are quite good.

The other day I got a view of a really nice interior shot of a 2002 T.

The steering wheel is EXACTLY the same as the wheel in my 2000 Integra GSR.

Now I know that it does not really diminish the car, but the interface between the driver and the car is the first indication of the really special nature of the car. I was expecting something, well, special.

I do not even know where to start with this it is so insane. Not only are the steering wheels NOT exactly the same, they are actually nothing alike with the exception of being round. Not only that, but the NSX and Integra GS-R are about as opposite as it gets in terms of driving experience. I have a '96 Integra GS-R that I have owned since it was new and it is nothing close to my NSXs. As others have said, if you are making your buying decisions off of the picture of an interior and the erroneous observation about a steering wheel, you are missing the point of the NSX and need to buy something else....like a Saturn.

What a joke!!! It's almost as bad as comparring DD's to A cups. They just aren't the same once you've held both in your hands. :biggrin:

Simply submit to the mod, (Make Oem Defunct) virus that is going on around here on the Prime and...

momo_1.jpg

6429sig_red_sm.jpg

Sky:smile:

Jetpilot

I like your taste in cars jetpilot! Nothing like having both an nsx and s2000 in the driveway! :smile:

me too, I think the S2000 is more addicting to drive, it feels so light and nimble, not to mention solid. although my NSX is solid (especially with the tein RAs) Sometimes i feel that the NSX is hard to drive, since its bigger than the NSX, and I like the steering in the S2000, very light and precise. The NSX is a bit heavy but still precise.

So, would you trade in your NSX for an S2000?

I can't do that, I was considering getting another s2000 as a daily driver though.

Which is exactly what I did. I also had the GSR. So, I can compare all three cars having owned them all at the same time. Still, I'm confused...if the S2000 is more pleasurable and addicting to drive than the NSX is for you why not trade?

I also had the GSR. So, I can compare all three cars having owned them all at the same time.

I currently have all three - NSX, GSR and S2K as well and my simplified comparision is:

1. GSR - fun factor, daily driver type of car, hauls lots of cr@p, fun to rev up to redline (I have a 4-1 DC header - like the ITR, so it revs up fast). It's a "sporty" car, not a sports car.

2. S2K - addicting to drive - yes, rotates around corners like nothing else, top down fun, feels light, but sometimes too light. Novelty - yes - people still crank their necks around to look at the car (I have OEM chin spoiler, side strakes and trunk lip spoiler, so it looks a little different from a base S2000). Great street car that makes you feel like you can drive on the track. It's a "sporty, sports car", not yet 100% sports car.

3. NSX - when I want to drive a car that doesn't feel too light like the S2000. This car feels planted all the time, has novelty all of the time, doesn't have the rough and tumble VTEC revving of the GSR (NSX revving through VTEC is not as dramatic), but I feel safer driving this car at speed. It's a track car that works well on the street when driven hard. This one is 100% sports car.

Last edited:
Which is exactly what I did. I also had the GSR. So, I can compare all three cars having owned them all at the same time. Still, I'm confused...if the S2000 is more pleasurable and addicting to drive than the NSX is for you why not trade?

Well, the NSX is what it is, an NSX. I can't see myself trading my NSX for an S2000. The NSX, like mickeylex said, is a sports car, the S2000 is a fun car.

Hmm,

This thread got me thinking alot this week as I drove my S2000 as my daily driver. The thing is...When I want to go out for a drive, my first desire is to take the NSX:biggrin:. Then of course, the problem is that the NSX is supposed to be a weekend only car...So I go get the S2000 feeling a bit down:redface:. But then when I start driving the S2000, I don't feel as down:smile:.

I guess the best way for me to do the NSX, S2K, GSR comparo is like this:

NSX is -

blade_sword_of_the_daywalker_123_540.jpg

S2000 is -​

Marvela.jpg

Integra GSR is -​

765_a_1.jpg

Oh and Honda CBR is -

replica-gun.gif

Hope that makes sense kinda :biggrin:

I currently have all three - NSX, GSR and S2K as well and my simplified comparision is:

1. GSR - fun factor, daily driver type of car, hauls lots of cr@p, fun to rev up to redline (I have a 4-1 DC header - like the ITR, so it revs up fast). It's a "sporty" car, not a sports car.

I owned one for over a decade, and not once did I consider the driving dynamics "fun". It understeered to a strong degree (contrary to magazine write-ups of when the car came out with some saying "you can rotate the car predicatably"), and overall was a non-exciting drive; maybe not boring like a Buick or Lexus, but certainly no S2000 (which Autoweek described correctly as a "4-wheeled motorcycle). I'll agree with you in that it was a really practical car. But, then again, it is just a Civic underneath.

I owned one for over a decade, and not once did I consider the driving dynamics "fun". It understeered to a strong degree (contrary to magazine write-ups of when the car came out with some saying "you can rotate the car predicatably")

I agree. The fun factor for the Integra doesn't include handling w/ an OEM setup. With the right tires and coilovers, the handling of the Integra isn't bad considering weight bias toward the front. The fun factor is revving and revving and not worrying about blowing anything like a diff in an S2000 or breaking something expensive in the NSX (yes, I know the NSX is almost indestructible in N/A form, but I'd still hate to damage something).

I have to agree w/ the magazine articles that said it handles predictably. It's design causes understeer, and you know it's going to understeer hard when pushed (esp. w/ those crappy OEM Michilens they put on when new).

I'm glad Honda made the S2000. The NSX and S2000 I'll keep (unless Honda makes a better S2K); the GSR will probably get sold.

Back