A little disappointed

I' been looking at cars. Mostly photos and getting a feel for what a car will cost and how much car I can afford.

So some of the photos are marginal, but some are quite good.

The other day I got a view of a really nice interior shot of a 2002 T.

The steering wheel is EXACTLY the same as the wheel in my 2000 Integra GSR.

Now I know that it does not really diminish the car, but the interface between the driver and the car is the first indication of the really special nature of the car. I was expecting something, well, special.

The NSX wheel is not shared by any other Honda or Acura. I'm not sure how it could even be mistaken as "exactly the same" since they have a different number of spokes (Integra has 4, NSX has 3). The NSX wheel is also a completely different shape, different material, has stitching, and on 2000+ and 1999 Zanardi is perforated. Pictures below; more are at Acura News Archives.

Packard said:
I was expecting something, well, special.
Drive one. :)

Attachments

• Integra Interior.jpg
    Integra Interior.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 351
  • 2000 Integra Interior.jpg
    2000 Integra Interior.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 2002 NSX Interior.jpg
    2002 NSX Interior.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
the interface between the driver and the car is the first indication of the really special nature of the car. I was expecting something, well, special.

You can't get this perspective from photos. The only way to get a true feel for the "interface between the driver and the car" is to sit in one and drive it. You can't come up with a complete opinion of this 'till then.

You can't get this perspective from photos. The only way to get a true feel for the "interface between the driver and the car" is to sit in one and drive it. You can't come up with a complete opinion of this 'till then.

Simons2K; You couldn't have been said better!!!!!!!! After doing both of these, and you don't get an erection, you've obviously had a sex change!!!!Go buy a Yugo.

Just my opinion.
Brad

If you made your decision already based on pictures, don't bother driving the NSX. You won't like it.........

I' been looking at cars. Mostly photos and getting a feel for what a car will cost and how much car I can afford.

Now I know that it does not really diminish the car, but the interface between the driver and the car is the first indication of the really special nature of the car. I was expecting something, well, special.

My goodness. You can't judge a car by looking at pictures. Go see one in person, and actually sit behind the wheel. The NSX is truly a special car.

My dad's CRV has VTEC too, but somehow I've managed to dig down deep and find a sense of pride about my NSX.:biggrin:

That is the DUMBEST thing I have heard in a long time.... You are judging a car by ONE part.

Did you know that the Boxster and Carrera GT have almost the same wheel! So I gues the CGT isn't a special car either.

2003_porsche_carrera_gt_03_m.jpg

porsche-boxster-05-interior-800.jpg

in·ter·face - the place at which independent and often unrelated systems meet and act on or communicate with each other <the man-machine interface>

The NSX interface is made up of...
The steering wheel, AND
shift knob
clutch pedal
gas pedal
brake pedal
seat
instrument panel
engine noise
frontal view
stereo with sub-woofer
climate control system
Day/Night rear view mirror
Driver's/Passanger's side view mirrors
turn signal arm
windsheild wiper/washer arm
horn buttons
emergancy/hazard lights control
cruise control buttons
arm rests
power remote mirror control
power window control
power door lock control
air vent(s) controls
power trunk release
leather
carpet
etc. ..............

If it's the steering wheel you are focused on... well then, you need to find an NSX with one of these... :biggrin:

gauges_s.jpg

My dad's CRV has VTEC too, but somehow I've managed to dig down deep and find a sense of pride about my NSX.:biggrin:

I noticed that my old '92 Ford Taurus also has 4 tires on it, like the NSX. I don't know, that could hurt my sense of pride :)

I dont see how a integra gsr can be compared to an nsx at all, not in the same class. I can only see that the gsr would be remotely close to a nsx with FI in fun category but I guess thats just me.

Wow, strangest thing, I just realized that both my S2000 and NSX steering wheels are round!?!?! :biggrin:

Is this post for real?:confused:

I dont see how a integra gsr can be compared to an nsx at all, not in the same class. I can only see that the gsr would be remotely close to a nsx with FI in fun category but I guess thats just me.

Well, you can compare them, but you won't find a great number of similarities :wink: :smile:.

I drive an NSX, Integra GSR and S2000. They are all different cars, but similar in that they all share the Honda design DNA. They all feel great when in VTEC and have that "Honda" feel to them - not too comfy, not too harsh - just a nice balance.

BTW - the steering wheels on all three cars are different. :smile:

Back