A day at local Acura

walked in and ask for 05 blk/blk,
told: not yet been build.
ask:deposit first than wait till this year MAY. :eek:

I am wondering.. :confused: why Acura having special offer on NSX,"most maker do that at last model year" and why there isn't a blk/blk in the whole U.S.? is it because they're planing to build the new model so they don't make the current model as much? or I am just being a jerk? :tongue:

Did they really check on the availability? I know of a Silver/Black 05 in KC. Granted. it isn't what you want but, '05 models are out there. If you update your profie with your location, we might be able to steer you to a dealer who is reasonable cose that has what you seek.

just making sure so I can talk to the sale's person.
KC stand for kansas city right?
and that car is not being pre-sold?
I am willing to take it if it still there
:smile:

Can you make my dream come true by letting me test drive it since you're 30 minutes away? :smile: :biggrin: :smile: of course, once you get it.

NSXPOWER said:
I am wondering.. :confused: why Acura having special offer on NSX,"most maker do that at last model year"
Acura has offered specials of various sorts on NSXs for years - lease offers, dealer rebates, etc.

NSXPOWER said:
why there isn't a blk/blk in the whole U.S.?
There almost certainly is. The dealer you went to is simply lying to you, because they would rather have you wait for them to order an NSX for you, than go to another dealer that already has one in stock.

Did you know that you can check the inventory of new NSXs, and certified used NSXs, nationwide on Acura's website? Here's how:

1. Go to Acura's website.

2. Click on NSX.

3. Click on NSX EXPERIENCE.

4. Click on enthusiast.

5. Click on nsx locator.

6. Click on SHOW NEW NSX INVENTORY (or, if you're interested in certified used NSXs, click on that option).

According to Acura's website, the following dealers have new cars with Berlina Black exterior and six-speed transmission (which I'm assuming you also prefer):

Sunnyvale Acura, Sunnyvale CA
Prestige Acura, Santa Rosa CA
Hall Acura of Newport News, Newport News, VA
Downey Acura, Downey CA
Acura of Pasadena, Pasadena CA
Goodson Acura, Irving TX
Leith Acura, Cary NC
Pohanka Acura, Chantilly VA

It doesn't show interior colors, only exterior colors, so you would have to contact the individual dealer for further details. Your chances of finding a black/black are very good; more Berlina Black cars have black interiors than the tan interior that is also offered.

Two of these are in Northern California, and two more in Southern California... Just pick up the phone and call! (If you're interested in the one in Texas, you can contact NSXprime username NSX Service Girl, who works at that dealership. She'll do right for you!)

OMG...YES..THERE IS ALOT NSX'S
I AM KIND PISS OFF NOW! or I should say stupid me....really pissed off at my self too..how can I be so stupid :eek:
WHERE I CAN FILE A COMPLAIN TO ACURA? :mad:

92NSX said:
Sadly, it probably wouldn't do any good. :frown:

Correct...Acura will tell you that they have no control over the dealers. If you really want to get your point across, go buy one of the new black NSX's from one of those dealers, then go BACK to the one that lied to you and show it to them. That is what I did with my NSX's when the dealer here would not locate one for me. :biggrin:

NSXPOWER said:
OMG...YES..THERE IS ALOT NSX'S
I AM KIND PISS OFF NOW! or I should say stupid me....really pissed off at my self too..how can I be so stupid :eek:
WHERE I CAN FILE A COMPLAIN TO ACURA? :mad:

It sounds like this is your first new car buying experience.

What should you do now instead of filing a complaint to Acura ?

1) find the dealership of your choice that Nsxtacy just listed that has a black on black 05.
2) negotiate a good price on the 05, and purchase it.
3) purchase the Nsx
4) drive your new Nsx over the dealerhsip you first talked to in which they lied to you, find the salesperson and tell them, " You said there were no 2005 Nsx's left. I found one at the friendly XX Acura dealership. You lost a $90,000 sale because you lied to me, and because you wouldnt transfer a Nsx to your dealership.
5) tell his sales manager

That would be THE ULTIMATE COMPLAINT you could file. A lost 90k sale would really really piss a sales manager off, and the cheesy salesperson who initially helped you.

Do it, and take pictures of it all for us to share.

I agree with all the advice posted by Modernceo and Meeyatch1.

As Modernceo notes, dealers can transfer cars between each other. For example, the dealer you visited can buy their new NSX from any of the dealers shown - for any price, but probably one that is only slightly more than the dealer's cost - and then sell it to you. Another way they can handle this is that the dealer can offer to trade with one of the dealers listed, by ordering an NSX for delivery in May, which they would then turn over to that dealer, in exchange for that dealer giving them the NSX they have in stock, plus a (usually small) cash payment. Either way, you would be able to buy the car from them and accept delivery within a few days.

However, as you can see, both such transactions involve the dealer you visited paying a cash amount (probably a few hundred dollars) to the dealer who has the car in stock. The dealer you visited was GREEDY by insisting that they order the car for you so that they receive ALL the profits involved on the sale. Because of their GREED, and their willingness to LIE to you, they lost the sale and all profits on it.

Slight clarification:

Modernceo said:
1) find the dealership of your choice that Nsxtacy just listed that has a black on black 05.
All of the dealerships were shown on Acura's website as having a Berlina Black (exterior color) 2005 NSX-T in stock. However, you would need to check with the individual dealers to verify whether the interior color of the car is also black.

BIG thanks for everyone here. :smile:
I was pertty mad and had a bad sleep lastnight :cool:
but this morning I called some of the dealership they listed on the
NSX Locator. the one's that listed as black or silv are not there :confused:
"I' even lie to the sales and said I drove by a while ago and saw
a silver NSX in the show room. guess what they said? "I been working here for the past 6 moths and never seem one in the show room.
I guess that NSX Locator need to be update.

List: Sunnyvale Acura Berlina Black "no such car"
Hopkins Acura Silverstone "no such car"

NSXPOWER said:
I guess that NSX Locator need to be update.
Sorry.

I would suggest calling (or going to) Niello Acura, in Sacramento about an hour and a half away. Niello sells more NSXs than any other dealership in the country. If they don't have a new black one, they should have a new one in another color that they can trade with a dealership who does.

When I was looking for my NSX last year, I also found that the NSX locator was not very reliable. I did use the web site to get the phone number of the local dealer :biggrin:. Good luck on your search.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004 NSX Berlina Black-Camel

Our other cars: 2005 SL65 Pewter / 2005 G55 Graphite / 2005 SRT-10 Viper Yellow / 2005 SSR Silver / 2004 Gallardo Yellow / 2004 NSX Black / 2004 Z06 Machine Silver / 2004 H2 White / 2002 Candy Red Prowler + 2001 Orange Prowler + 2001 Silver Prowler / 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS Convertible / 1970 Black Chevy SWB Pick up / 1969 Garnet Red Camaro SS 350 / 1969 Chevelle SS 396 / 1969 Impala SS 427 / 1968 Chevy Step Side Truck L98/700r4 / 1967 Hugger Orange Camaro 400 / 1955 Yellow Chevrolet Truck / 1934 Ford Sedan / 1930 Ford Hiboy Coupe 302 5spd

a dealer should be able to transfer an unsold unit to there inventory if they want to make a sale. they may try a charge you shipping from that dealer to theirs but it can be done. there have been 05's listed on ebay not sure of the color. we checked here in canada on ordering one 2 weeks ago and acura told us 8 to 10 months andthere are none in canada now.

guys..u know what the Sales manager told me that kind piss me off...
he say" give us the deposit than we'll find out if the other dealers is "willing" to let go the car" than I ask "why can't u guys find out if the other dealers willing to let go the NSX first, than we'll go form there" answer: " no we can't do that till you give us the deposit first" I really wanna say F you to him.
same answer at 2 local Acura dealers. :confused:

hey NSXPOWER,

as a sales manager of an acura dealership let me be the first to tell you that you sound like every other arrogant 18-29 guy that comes in to our dealership for an nsx. I like when you say that the dealer wouldn't swap in a $90k car on the "hunch" you were actually going to buy it. Your right, he must be an a-hole. Imagine us swapping in a $90k car for you and you suddenly change your mind. The NSX is a tough sale and they cost alot to keep around. Floorplans really add up on slow moving cars. Many dealers dont care to even sell NSX's. Do you think they really lost that much money on your sale?? MSRP $90k; average NSX selling price $82-83k- actual cost for an NSX roughly $78-$79k= Profit of about $4-5k. Nice but not enough for a big money car. Do you know what Ferrari dealers gross!!! Anyways we make that on RL's :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: My point is that you should call around and find a dealer that will help. Im here if you need me, but I dont have any blk/blks in stock. I can run a locate thru the IN and see who does and help you out. Be nice, it works better than being a jerk. Not all dealers are idiots.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
hey NSXPOWER,

as a sales manager of an acura dealership let me be the first to tell you that you sound like every other arrogant 18-29 guy that comes in to our dealership for an nsx. I like when you say that the dealer wouldn't swap in a $90k car on the "hunch" you were actually going to buy it. Your right, he must be an a-hole. Imagine us swapping in a $90k car for you and you suddenly change your mind. The NSX is a tough sale and they cost alot to keep around. Floorplans really add up on slow moving cars. Many dealers dont care to even sell NSX's. Do you think they really lost that much money on your sale?? MSRP $90k; average NSX selling price $82-83k- actual cost for an NSX roughly $78-$79k= Profit of about $4-5k. Nice but not enough for a big money car. Do you know what Ferrari dealers gross!!! Anyways we make that on RL's :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: My point is that you should call around and find a dealer that will help. Im here if you need me, but I dont have any blk/blks in stock. I can run a locate thru the IN and see who does and help you out. Be nice, it works better than being a jerk. Not all dealers are idiots.

thank you for the info.
made me feel better. I wish these Sales manager were like you, who gives a very reason and explain to a young client. than just saying no 'we can't do that" :cool:

An 05 black/black was just delivered to St. Louis Acura. It was sent to them for display at the St. Louis auto show. It's available for sale at close of the show.

I ordered an '05 NSX in 11/04 and put a $2,500 deposit, and yes, the delivery date is May '05.

The NSX locator site hasn't been updated for quite some time, and I confirmed this with several dealers on the West Coast.

KGP said:
An 05 black/black was just delivered to St. Louis Acura. It was sent to them for display at the St. Louis auto show. It's available for sale at close of the show.

Really? When I worked for a local Acura dealership, The cars that were sent for the show from Acura had to be sent right back after the show. We couldn't keep them or sell them afterwards. Although an employee there did pull some strings to buy a 98 Integra Type R that was sent. It has since been stolen and stripped in CA.

White92 said:
Really? When I worked for a local Acura dealership, The cars that were sent for the show from Acura had to be sent right back after the show. We couldn't keep them or sell them afterwards. Although an employee there did pull some strings to buy a 98 Integra Type R that was sent. It has since been stolen and stripped in CA.

I worked for an Acura dealer when I was in high school and the dealer would use their cars, then after the show they were back on the lot.

I made a mistake in my earlier post about one of the cars sitting on showroom. I went to dealership yesterday and the had a black/red there, not a black/black like I had originally though.
Sorry :frown:

Back