911TT 996 or Diablo or a couple of NSX ???

I just want to start a debate about what would you do guys assuming that you want to spend approx. 140 000$.

Would you take a Diablo or a 911TT or as much used NSX you can?

Talking about NSX, I would certainly like to own three.

A '91 model for the pleasure of enjoying the original version.

A '97 to '01 model for the latest nice T version.

And a '97 to '01 coupe model fully modified in the attempt to get as much track peformance and bhp possible!!!

But between a 911TT and a Diablo what would you choose first? Why?

effer

p.s. MR2 is an absolutely prohibited choice
biggrin.gif

allright effer, my kind of thread. id buy a used 91-92 diablo and a used 91-92 nsx.
that way when i get home from driving the diablo i have something to kick! lol

if the diablo where taken out of the equation, id just buy the 911 turbo, because it is just as daily driveable as the nsx, with loads more power.

996 tt

love the nsx but the 996 has always been a performance benchmark, fabulous car and well worth the sticker price IMO.

I have had several ferraris, but all were older. 308's, 328's, testarossa. not a fan of anything ferrari has done after the 355.
except the new enzo.

If I could buy only one car with that money it would be a new 911TT. If I could afford the maintanance I would get a 355 or 360. Hmm, 140k...maybe a 355 and a Merc or BMW for daily driving and practicality.

Originally posted by Lofwyr:
If I could buy only one car with that money it would be a new 911TT. If I could afford the maintanance I would get a 355 or 360. Hmm, 140k...maybe a 355 and a Merc or BMW for daily driving and practicality.

140 should get you a nice 360 (not a Spider) or a 2000-2001 360 Challenge car for track supremacy.

Between the 911TT and Diablo,

I know that Porsche with its TT made a daily driver outstandingly performant BUTT ( pun intended ) if I would drive it, I wouln't really feel driving an exotic supercar nor a seductive and inspiring one ( sorry but I assume legitimate to find my supercar f....g nice ).

For me a Porsche 911 TT is a choice of reason not passion.

I explain, physiologically, who can really appreciate difference between 0-60 time of 4,7 sec. , 4,2 sec. and 4,0 sec? Or any other perf numbers in this car category espicially on legal streets....

At this level, with such small differences, YOU MUST AT LEAST FEEL PASSIONATE FOR WHAT YOU ARE RIDING IN!

In a 911 TT I wouldn't, even though it's reliable and so and so...

I would definately take the Diablo.
Also, on the plus side, I know that I would be untouchable regarding top speed...

David! Come on, just play the game and later we will include some other fine cars...

So what would you choose?

Michigan NSX, a 360 Modena would be a nice choice too.

We can include it in the choice list!

effer

little question for everybody: what's the max speed you did with your car in an off-ramp?

Originally posted by effer:

David! Come on, just play the game and later we will include some other fine cars...
So what would you choose?

OK, $140k and no MR2s?
smile.gif
Here it goes:

'91 NSX ($30-35k)
+ Gerry's turbo kit and related engine/power goodies ($8k)
+ LSD and JDM Short Gears ($3k)
+ Suspension ($5k)
+ Rims/Tires ($3k)
+ Brakes ($2k)
+ Seats, Cage & Harness ($4k)
Subtotal: $60k

Now, add $80k for the nicest '97 Porsche 993 I can find.

-------------------------
Total: $140k

If I'm restricted to choosing between the Diablo or the 911T, I would choose the 911T. If I couldn't pick the 993 911T and it had to be the new model (996) I would buy that and find a shop to weld the 993 front end onto it and gut as much weight out of the car as possible while still keeping it relatively useable as a daily driver.

As for why:

Choice 1: To have a fun tuner car to play with and reliable daily driver that is also fun and that my wife would enjoy.

Choice 2: Image wise, the Diablo isn't me, and I could much sooner see myself enjoying a Porsche on a day-to-day basis than a Diablo. That said, I'm no fan of the 996.

Changing the rules of the game:
$140k and I have to spend it all on cars:

$30k Tuned MR2
$60K Lotus Exige
$20k Restored Citroen DM/SM
$20k Scion BBx (next year)
$10k Citroen Repair Fund
---------------------------
$140K

... or assuming my wife and I already have our current cars: $20k Scion Bbx as my daily driver, $60k Porsche 993 for my wife, pocket $60k.

-- DavidV
biggrin.gif

------------------
Get Boosted!
www.boostedgroup.com

[This message has been edited by BoostedMR2 (edited 17 September 2002).]

I honestly like the NSX better than the 911TT. The 911TT is a dime a dozen where I live. So given the constraints and my particular circumstance, I would say a Diablo.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Why not an 00-01 NSX for daily driving and a Viper for the days you want to feel really manly?

Given your selection and the apparent need to rid your self of 140k
smile.gif
, I think I'd try the new TT. They'll hold value well, so you can always sell it to buy a new SCed NSX, and probably still have some pocket cash.

Personally I COULD go for a TT, but I’m sticking w/ my NSX and some extra cash in the bank. Even though it isn’t the quickest car on the road, it’s more fun to drive than anything I’ve ever owned.

------------------
01' NSX-T Silverstone
02' Chevy Avalanche 1500
00' Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300
02' Honda VTX-1800
02' Aprilia Falco SL1000

Back