91 and 92 nsx money pit from hell!!!

dainese51 said:
You guys all really have sticks up your asses or something... Basically, my post was to show that I didnt really get a good deal and I made a mistake. Hence I called myself a stupid newbie. Shit, so fucken what... Not everyone goes online every fucken day and not every one knows about prime. I did mention that I found prime after I purchased my car. It's easy to stonewall someone because they say something wrong with the "beloved" nsx, but at the end of it all, a car is just a car.

This thread is like every other car forums but with different titles. If you say something remotely wrong with the car and the whole community jumps down your throat. You guys are as bad as the viper crowd, p crowd, f crowd, and others.

In any case, I just vented a little and I said Im rebuilding the car to be perfect to my taste. You guys need to relax and stop stroking each other.

You need to refund your "friend's" money and stop blaming a "not nice" prime member for YOUR "f***en" mistake.

dainese51 said:
let's just close this thread....

To sum it up. I bought a 92 nsx with low miles. didnt know the problems that can arise with purchasing this old of a car. Spent money to fix it. Vented a little. Had a cool friend thats helping me fix my car. And other nsx owners or wannabe nsx owners jumping down my throat because I vented and that I have a friend who is willing to help me with repairs...

Did you vent because of your frustration over the failure to identify problems that can arise with buying a 14 year old car or the feeling you got a bad deal?

It seems that you are jumping down other's throats because they are pointing out that it appears that your inexperience and lack of research alone have created the scenario which you are complaining about. :rolleyes: Look inward for the cause of your troubles.

Get off your high horse and moreover, I bet half of the people here dont even own an nsx

Just how much would you like to wager?

BTW, I own a 1991 with high miles, and I've been nothing but delighted.

oh my god. My very first post, if anyone read it I stated I made a mistake and didnt realize how much everything cost. It was all cheek in tongue. I dont mind paying for all the repairs, I just didnt realize how much things adds up with the nsx. Hence I said stupid newbie owner. Why would I call myself stupid? because I didnt do my research and because I didnt find nsxprime before I purchased the car. I just perused my local for sale ad and saw a car in my price range. I didnt find prime until AFTER i purchased the car. If everyone stop for second and read my first then you can realize how riled up you are. Like I said it's only a car, it can be fixed.... geez whats up with most of the people that responds to this thread??????

you know what forget it... arguing on the internet is retarded...

so is this post...........

Don't feel bad, I think we will see many more posts like this going forward.
As the cars age, and depreciation gets to the point where ownership is possible but maintenance may be another story. :biggrin:
I am just happy I didnt have to pay $75,000.00 for my 94.
Thanks orig owner!

I'm not riled up..you just keep responding trying to justify it. It could have been better written..add smiley faces next time LOL!!!1111#$%$%#

ive done the same things with mine. i have fixed all those problems with the exception of the sun visors(any info on fixing this would be great) but just think about it like this...when it breaks you can replace it with something better. when mine went i just upgraded :biggrin:
either way i have spent over 8k fixing stuff but i am very happy with my nsx.

you have to be optimistic :smile:

dainese51 said:
You guys all really have sticks up your asses or something... Basically, my post was to show that I didnt really get a good deal and I made a mistake. Hence I called myself a stupid newbie. Shit, so fucken what... Not everyone goes online every fucken day and not every one knows about prime. I did mention that I found prime after I purchased my car. It's easy to stonewall someone because they say something wrong with the "beloved" nsx, but at the end of it all, a car is just a car.

This thread is like every other car forums but with different titles. If you say something remotely wrong with the car and the whole community jumps down your throat. You guys are as bad as the viper crowd, p crowd, f crowd, and others.

In any case, I just vented a little and I said Im rebuilding the car to be perfect to my taste. You guys need to relax and stop stroking each other.

hmm....probably...not..the best way....to introduce yourself...to Prime...

If A naked hot chick was in front of me and said I could do anything?....I would tell her to go put her clothes on and find some self esteem.

zahntech, you consistantly put down some awesome advise but i stray from your opinion on this one :wink: :

dainese51, be cool. Dont put post this topic again cause your just going to keep getting flamed. We understand your position. Your friend was very nice.... if i bought a car and it blew up the next day, personally i would have the dignity to stick my own foot up my ass and call myself a dumb fool for not doing my home work. I would not ask anyone else to help fix my car ... not to metion get someone else to pay for it.

Just suck it up and be a man about it. I would pay back your friend and thank him for fronting you the money when you needed the help. Money is money, he works just as hard for it as you do.

Take my advise and dont post any more. Good luck in the future. Hope to catch you in a better situation next time. :smile:

Last edited:
dainese51 said:
oh my god. My very first post, if anyone read it I stated I made a mistake and didnt realize how much everything cost. It was all cheek in tongue. I dont mind paying for all the repairs, I just didnt realize how much things adds up with the nsx. Hence I said stupid newbie owner. Why would I call myself stupid? because I didnt do my research and because I didnt find nsxprime before I purchased the car. I just perused my local for sale ad and saw a car in my price range. I didnt find prime until AFTER i purchased the car. If everyone stop for second and read my first then you can realize how riled up you are. Like I said it's only a car, it can be fixed.... geez whats up with most of the people that responds to this thread??????

you know what forget it... arguing on the internet is retarded...

Stop being anal, you bought a 15 years old car without proper research will do just that, not just the one you bought, on any car. Just imagine if you bought a Ferrari 308 for 25 grand, it's cheap but you have to deal with a $500 oil change.

All that repair was NOTHING!!! Hahaha

I had my 95 NSX T with 38K miles, and the head gasket went - on my way back from Vegas to LA. It was a good thing I didn't fry my engine.

Autowave of Southern California pull the engine and found the problem. one of the screw on the corner of the upper block was defective, it was off angle. When they unscrew it, threads of metal came out. They had to rebuilt a special metal piece where is hole is on the lower block just to house the new screws, and had to reserface the edge of the block. It was a factory issue, but Honda wouldn't touch a 10 years old car, so my repair bill was... 2800 bones; however, the repair bill included all new hoses... The bad part was, I just had the timing belt/water pump replaced two months prior, spend another 2200 bucks on it. Talk about max out your credit card fast.

But great car comes with great responsibility, so I love the car enoguh to trade it in and bought a 03 with 100k Honda Care. Now I'm worry free.... hahaha increase my payment from 650 to 1250 a month....

Last edited:
This reminds me when I bought my NSX for BND 75K in 2001 and realized that one year later other NSXs had been auction for a mere BND 28K. On top of that I had to do major service on the car $$$. BTW USD 1 equate to BND 1.7.

BTW there is still auction here in Brunei until 23rd of this month. Two 89 Testarossas starting bid at BND 114K/ each, three 95 F456 GT at about BND 200K/ each, few 993 turbos, 95 Midnight Pearl NSX-T and many others. Cameras are not allowed. Man do I love those Testarossas. :biggrin:

For the money I spent on my NSX I could have gotten one of those Testarossas. :rolleyes:

Jin1976 said:
This reminds me when I bought my NSX for BND 75K in 2001 and realized that one year later other NSXs had been auction for a mere BND 28K. On top of that I had to do major service on the car $$$. BTW USD 1 equate to BND 1.7.

BTW there is still auction here in Brunei until 23rd of this month. Two 89 Testarossas starting bid at BND 114K/ each, three 95 F456 GT at about BND 200K/ each, few 993 turbos, 95 Midnight Pearl NSX-T and many others. Cameras are not allowed. Man do I love those Testarossas. :biggrin:

For the money I spent on my NSX I could have gotten one of those Testarossas. :rolleyes:

Should have bought the other NSX too to average out the cost. :biggrin:

This is my second NSX, sold the first one 7 years ago.
I purchased my 95 with high mileage about 4 weeks ago.
During that time I've already put 6000.00 into the car. Half of it was just restoration pieces (trunk struts, cracked turn signal lense, coolant tank, recharging a/c.etc). I also found out that there's a bad gear in my EPS rack and that alone is 5600.00....:0....
there are also 3 small dents that the dent wizard can pop out for me for about 150.00. My bumper also has a little paint chip and repair for that is 600.00 which is scheduled for next month. Then I've got to do the timing belt which is 1400.00. Yes, a ton of money and I do a lot of the work myself. These cars are very reliable, but repair is quite expensive when/if they break. Take your time and piece things together a little at a time....

These guys smell blood. All snobby types pounce on the opportunity. I won't do that. The research didn't exceed the need to buy. You miscalculated.... You had the nads to say something. All of us are thinking to ourselves "How dumb/ ill-prepared is this fool"? So we pounce..... ever had an opinion on another's misfortune?

My $.02, Danny, REDSR71 :smile: :biggrin:

Sorry but not having the car checked or at least dealt the issues (very known, like snap ring) with the seller, having such an awesome resource like Prime here ready to use, is a bit irresponsible when buying a 14 years old exotic car.

Unfortunately you are not guarantee to be worry free for the future anyway, there are several other known weak points in the car that could fail (loudspeakers, door handle, weather strip, rattling dash, cracked dash, noisy sensor fan, ...), afterall it is an AWESOME car but as said before, it is also 14 years old!

Of course I hope it is not your case and I wish you good luck! :)

Back