91-01 Fixed Headlights - Beware, high res pics

Someone requested a yellow version:

NSXNSpecyellow0066.jpg

And I may also try this concept on the 02 stlye... Will update when I do.

Conceptually these are the best renderings I've seen EVER (incl the ever reverent '02 lights :rolleyes:). If these can be made, there will be a very long and wide path beaten to your door. Only thing though is the concerns for cutting into the car to mount them. I think for them to be successful they must be plug and play, no modding of hood, body etc to make it work. Other mods should be left at the discretion of the owner if he wants to really alter the car. Otherwise its no better off than the "NA2" lights or the guys swapping in Celica lights etc. I am worried that Honda never offered a fully flush solution because of of the concerns about whats underneath the lights blocking them.

If these lights can be made, I'm in for a set! Who's got production contacts? DF wanna make these in CF??

Conceptually these are the best renderings I've seen EVER (incl the ever reverent '02 lights :rolleyes:). If these can be made, there will be a very long and wide path beaten to your door. Only thing though is the concerns for cutting into the car to mount them. I think for them to be successful they must be plug and play, no modding of hood, body etc to make it work. Other mods should be left at the discretion of the owner if he wants to really alter the car. Otherwise its no better off than the "NA2" lights or the guys swapping in Celica lights etc. I am worried that Honda never offered a fully flush solution because of of the concerns about whats underneath the lights blocking them.

If these lights can be made, I'm in for a set! Who's got production contacts? DF wanna make these in CF??

I was also thinking that if you used a 2002 hood that would really open the doors. We have after market hoods available now. This limiting so much hood work.

I was also thinking that if you used a 2002 hood that would really open the doors. We have after market hoods available now. This limiting so much hood work.

Well the issue is that the 02 hoods don't match the 91 bumpers.

I agree, it would be simplier to just have inserts with no other mods. I will see what this version looks like...

Well the issue is that the 02 hoods don't match the 91 bumpers.

I agree, it would be simplier to just have inserts with no other mods. I will see what this version looks like...

Insert with an 02 hood? If you try to do it with the earlier hood it will look to square.

I'm buying, the 02 hood may be needed for a less boxy look but if it could be done with the old hood that would be great.

swap the inside projectors to outside (looks more agressive) and i'm sold to them... even if i had to trim my hood a little (to be closer to the 02+ layout)

I defiantly like the lights without a hump. The 02+ lights look like an afterthought. If you can really get the lines to match the rest of the body.... I think several of us would be interested.

Someone requested a yellow version:

NSXNSpecyellow0066.jpg

And I may also try this concept on the 02 stlye... Will update when I do.

I am sold. Just jaw dropping. Thanks for the pic.

I always liked the pre 02 cause of the aleek look from the side veiw. Those look exotic and if it were plug and play where I could go back to stock if I wanted to I would be sold.

Its impossible to make the headlights like that because the back of the housing would hit the front strut tower. This is why the 02's have a hump in the housing, so it would push the lens slightly more forward so it can clear the strut tower.

Back