3kGT vs. NSX??

Just spent last night working on his VR4. It was running awful much above stock boost. The problem? Blowing out the spark plugs! Never would've guessed that, so thank goodness for 3si.org!

.032 gap on new plugs, 1 bar boost, blow off valve tweaked, replaced a missing EGR gasket, and corrected a boost leak or two.

Pulls like a freight train now and idles smooth as glass. He's allready hunting for down pipes :)

I went on a test drive with a friend in a 98 3000GT VR4. I have always wanted to drive one, but I had to be a passenger :(.

Anyway, I was VERY impressed with the power. Wow! It pulls hard.

On the downside, it is nearly 4000lbs and the clutch was WAY TOO HEAVY. Also, there are so many non turbo models out there that it makes this model seem plain and dull. Just another 3000GT..

Anyway, He passed on it, but it was a good deal. $17K with 29,000 original miles.

I have an old video of me racing(beating) a AWDTT Stealth on the dragstrip. He was modded out(20lbs boost). Me, an I/E and a 50 shot. My 12.4 to his 12.6. I can post the video if someone can host it for me.

The NSX has no problems with those cars on either types of tracks.

Back