348 or NSX thread on Ferarri chat

Auraraptor said:
I bought a 328GTS...didn't sell my NSX for it.

I had both my NSX and 328 for about half a year together after that.

That's a tough one. Two mid engine rear drive cars. Did you mix up the stable after the half year?

Re: Compare 328 NSX

TomCat said:
Compare/contrast
NSX is has better handling, is more comfortable, faster, brakes better, better radio, better climate control. The NSX also wins in highway driving, no question. The NSX is a better car, in all logical terms.

So you might wonder why I ended up selling it...

Well the Ferrari does have a better sound (IMHO), and the clutch is easier, again IMHO. It is also more fun to drive, yet again subjectively of course.

Why I sold it really boils down to a question of time. I was (and am) a rather busy person and when I had time to drive around, I would end up driving the 328. So much so that my poor NSX got a layer of dust on it from lack of use.

It has been 3 years or so now that I sold my NSX. I still miss it though, great car. I probably will get another NA2 down the road....blue exterior no question! :cool:

Re: Compare 328 NSX

Auraraptor said:
NSX is has better handling, is more comfortable, faster, brakes better, better radio, better climate control. The NSX also wins in highway driving, no question. The NSX is a better car, in all logical terms.

It has been 3 years or so now that I sold my NSX. I still miss it though, great car. I probably will get another NA2 down the road....blue exterior no question! :cool:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77658

"No, don't rename it. Move NSX discussion to the 360 session and let them deal with it."

Well at least that would be a better comparison for the NSX. :biggrin: :D
And that choice is in the lead so they all must agree!

-j-

I think it's funny how some guys on fchat can get their chain jerked so easy.
I'm certain that's why a few nsxers are posting fun stuff on there. I still try to stick up for the nsx's and drop friendly reminders that a Ferrari is just another exotic, but most of the time it just falls on deaf ears.

Actually got a link to this from Ferrarichat.

Before saying anything else, yes I own a 348 (have tried to "upgrade" to a 355 numerous times but very few good ones left in Singapore).

Read through a large portion of this thread. Fact is this, I have loved the NSX since 1991 when I first saw a black with black at the local Honda dealership back in Australia while growing up. Unfortunately life took me through a different path, ended up with a string of Porsche's (911 3.2 Carrera, 964 Carrera 4 and finally a 993 Carrera 2), before going to the Ferrari.

The fact is simple, the Ferrari is definitely not that reliable when compared with many other car brands.

But it is exciting to drive.

Is it a better car in the real world or on a track than an NSX? I seriously dont think so. Technologically, the NSX is far superior and that is probably considered reality by most that have driven or owned both. Anyone who says otherwise is dellusional. It is very hard to get the 348 going right at 9/10ths. But does it make me happy and throw a silly grin on my face everytime I see it or get into it? Hell yes! And that is really all that matters.

Would I have an NSX in my garage alongside the 348? Absolutely, if I could only find one to buy here (only three left in Singapore- all automatics and I just cant see myself driving an autobox NSX- no offence please to anyone that drives one).

One point... to say that an NSX driver is driving one because they want to one day own a Ferrari... that is a stupid, ignorant comment. But to say that a 348 owner cant afford a newer Ferrari is not a much better comment. Sad part is we even see that in the Ferrarichat pecking order where some 355 owners say that the 348 owners cant afford 355s! The newer owners of 360s and 430s onward dont seem to have the chip on the shoulder. But then again you have the pre 1970 Ferrari owners that say that any post 60s Ferrari is not a real Ferrari and any Ferrari with less than 12 cylinders is not a real Ferrari. So dont get too upset with the few that bash NSXs, they are just part of a long lineage of a small group of slightly dellusional individuals... and they haven't even got into the Lambo or Mclaren or Pagani owners who might really look at ANY Ferrari as rather run of the mill...

Simple fact.... one man's meat is another man's poison. But in this case I'd take the NSX AND 348 (or any Ferrari post 348, or a nice 250SWB or 250GTO for that matter). I dont see any poison in either car... don't let a few ignorant beings hide the fact that the majority of us Ferrari owners love all cars and are enthusiasts at the end of the day. Cheers.

|Adeel said:
They love the F name so much... I don't like those people.

Don't say that bro. It's actually kinda funny. Funny people are a necessity for making life more...funny.

ehhehehe....

i started a new thread in the Fchat....my name was JustMe... :P:P:P

those guys were really nervous....

go see it... "NSX and Ferraris"

very childish...but i so like to joke arround.... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

By the way, a 348 does not look like any Fiat I know.... it looks exactly like a 1990 something year Toyota MR2....

Picture244.jpg

Picture246.jpg

And there aint nothing wrong with the MR2 as it sort of reminds me of a baby NSX.... I think all these cars may be in some way related!!!

Harold said:
By the way, a 348 does not look like any Fiat I know.... it looks exactly like a 1990 something year Toyota MR2....

And there aint nothing wrong with the MR2 as it sort of reminds me of a baby NSX.... I think all these cars may be in some way related!!!

Dude...i found out, a couple of weeks ago at my trusted repair shop..that 348 and 355 shared a lot of parts...namely the fenders......is that right??

Harold said:
Actually got a link to this from Ferrarichat.

Before saying anything else, yes I own a 348 (have tried to "upgrade" to a 355 numerous times but very few good ones left in Singapore).

Read through a large portion of this thread. Fact is this, I have loved the NSX since 1991 when I first saw a black with black at the local Honda dealership back in Australia while growing up. Unfortunately life took me through a different path, ended up with a string of Porsche's (911 3.2 Carrera, 964 Carrera 4 and finally a 993 Carrera 2), before going to the Ferrari.

The fact is simple, the Ferrari is definitely not that reliable when compared with many other car brands.

But it is exciting to drive.

Is it a better car in the real world or on a track than an NSX? I seriously dont think so. Technologically, the NSX is far superior and that is probably considered reality by most that have driven or owned both. Anyone who says otherwise is dellusional. It is very hard to get the 348 going right at 9/10ths. But does it make me happy and throw a silly grin on my face everytime I see it or get into it? Hell yes! And that is really all that matters.

Would I have an NSX in my garage alongside the 348? Absolutely, if I could only find one to buy here (only three left in Singapore- all automatics and I just cant see myself driving an autobox NSX- no offence please to anyone that drives one).

One point... to say that an NSX driver is driving one because they want to one day own a Ferrari... that is a stupid, ignorant comment. But to say that a 348 owner cant afford a newer Ferrari is not a much better comment. Sad part is we even see that in the Ferrarichat pecking order where some 355 owners say that the 348 owners cant afford 355s! The newer owners of 360s and 430s onward dont seem to have the chip on the shoulder. But then again you have the pre 1970 Ferrari owners that say that any post 60s Ferrari is not a real Ferrari and any Ferrari with less than 12 cylinders is not a real Ferrari. So dont get too upset with the few that bash NSXs, they are just part of a long lineage of a small group of slightly dellusional individuals... and they haven't even got into the Lambo or Mclaren or Pagani owners who might really look at ANY Ferrari as rather run of the mill...

Simple fact.... one man's meat is another man's poison. But in this case I'd take the NSX AND 348 (or any Ferrari post 348, or a nice 250SWB or 250GTO for that matter). I dont see any poison in either car... don't let a few ignorant beings hide the fact that the majority of us Ferrari owners love all cars and are enthusiasts at the end of the day. Cheers.

Amen to that. Definitely the most sensible and intelligent post regarding this ridiculous thread. Let's end this thread, and ferrari 348 rivalry. I've read the posts on F-chat, and its amusing in a bad way. This is nothing more than a pissing contest of my "@#$$ is bigger than yours" and a complete waste of key strokes. NSX, 348, Fiat, Civic, Yugo, Pinto...... there all good cars, Its all preference. Have a beer, light cigarette, and let's squash this stupidity.

UnhuZ said:
Dude...i found out, a couple of weeks ago at my trusted repair shop..that 348 and 355 shared a lot of parts...namely the fenders......is that right??
Yes. They have the exact same dimensions. You can take a 348 and put a 355 nose, doors, and rear taillamp section, rear bumper, and rims and have a perfect exterior knockoff, I've seen it. I will try to find the link but don't hold your breath.

Greg Z said:
Yes. They have the exact same dimensions. You can take a 348 and put a 355 nose, doors, and rear taillamp section, rear bumper, and rims and have a perfect exterior knockoff, I've seen it. I will try to find the link but don't hold your breath.

Post #57 has a link.

-j-

Some of those guys ARE F***ING STUPID!!!!

I write a post. Basically agreeing with them on the "brand" part of ownership. And some douchebag responds with the typical garbage they always write.

Shitty old Ferraris must have exhaust fume problems that affect the mental function of their owners. There's really no other explanation.

And trying to have a logical debate about anything with those wackjobs is like trying to have a rational argument with a pissed-off girlfriend. It just can't happen.

Ya know Ski, ya need to lighten up a bit. I wish you would go back and re-read some of my posts on F-chat. I never one time said the NSX was a bad car!

I honestly think there great cars. By the way did you get my formal appoligy?
You couldn't possibly get down on us lowely 348 guys any harder than the 355, 360 , & 430 guys do. You could never even get them to admit the cars drives & handles almost exactly like a F-40. They get in a hissy fit anytime anyone brings it up, total denial. But the fact is the 348 was spun from a F-40. There is one group that will admit it's tru though, an honest to god F-40 owner. There aren't many, so it's a pretty well kept secret.

Ski, just lighten up, and take it to the track. I know there are a few open track events near you in the not to distant future. I hear you have a really nice car, bring it out, visit with us, get to know us in person, and above all have some fun. that's really what these cars are all about. Otherwise we would all be driving ford focuses.

Back