3 piece modular mugen m7 .....

now that i have my dream car ima build my dream wheels:wink:

using 2 sets of mugen nsx m7s. ill be using the rears for this build. spec the 17 inch faces of the m7 rears and turning the wheels that are a true 2 piece into a 3 piece modular setup. sandwhich mount setup. meaning the faces mounted between the lip and barrel

im keeping it og and running 17s alll around for now. so 4 nsx spec mugen m7s
(2)17x8.25+28 , (2) 17x10+25

still iffy on the offsets rubbing issues and tire sizes, any other concerns i should be worried about with this build?

Last edited:
at the moment i'm looking at a 3.25 to 3.5 inch front lip and 4.5 to 5 rear lip

If you are doing all the custom work why not have a set made up to replicate them the size and off set you want. You are taking two sets to modify them for one set of wheels. JA's pay $6K+ for a set of those wheels. Use them to get your measurements and have them built at a machine shop. I fact make two sets I will buy one if you can get them made at a reasonable price. You can then sell the original sets for more then what you had the custom sets made for Im sure. You got $12k+/- worth of wheels you could build a pretty sweet set for less then that Im sure.

i dont have access to a machine shop but rota jmags are replicas of the m7's that can be had for cheap but i dunno if they are a 1 piece or 2 piece wheel so i dunno if you could rebarrel those. im guessing you cant. but they have them in 17x7.5 and 17x8.5 and in 5x114.3

Last edited:
i dont have access to a machine shop but rota jmags are replicas of the m7's that can be had for cheap but i dunno if they are a 1 piece or 2 piece wheel so i dunno if you could rebarrel those. im guessing you cant. but they have them in 17x7.5 and 17x8.5 and in 5x114.3

Jmags are 1pc. but I did post before that one could cut the centers out and put them in a 2 or three pc. barrel.

Jmags are 1pc. but I did post before that one could cut the centers out and put them in a 2 or three pc. barrel.
really lol someone should do that but that would be alot of money for replicas

How are you getting the barrels made? If the machine shop can make the barrels they can make the wheel face. What would some1 pay for a billet m1 in 18"/19" with a step lip in NSX fitment? If I was to have a set made the programing is what cost money. Making multiple sets would be easy at that point. If they were good quality with a more aggressive fitment I think they would sell good.

ccw hre bbs makes barrels . its all about the faces , barrels lips are had easy

ill post some pics later:tongue:

i can but i wanted to use the rears first, but since i do have a set of fronts i can turn those into 17 and the rears into 18s.

but i wanted to keep it og and run the same barrels 17 face 17 barrel but will see how it actually looks on the nsx and then ill decide from there

if you can go 17/18

the nsx looks weird with same size wheels because of the wedge shape...

yeah ill debate this after the wheels are on but i figured since my stocks are 17/17 it would be ok , i looked at the side profile of my nsx and the 17/17 stocks actually look good to me size wise.

Agreed. Do double staggered or it just won't look right.

Aren't these 16/17 faces on 17/18 barrels?

5788366645_02c6fe988f_b.jpg

yes they are.

Back