2013 427 Corvette Convertible- look out NSX

Let us know where you can get used Ford GT's for $65K please.

Vettes can go for $100k now. The higher end Corvette models are what I'm refering to. You can get a Ford GT for that.

You're welcome!
yay2.gif

How many of you who dislike the vette have driven a C6 Zo6? I really like the NSX but there is something about a lowered, nice rim C6 Z with the power that does also put a smile on your face. I like both cars, dislike the production numbers of regular C6 vettes on the road not helping the higher models in exclusivity, I bet if the roles were reversed: NSX HIGH production numbers priced at the regular C6 and the vette with the production numbers people reaction would probably change (of coarse we will never know)

Vettes can go for $100k now. The higher end Corvette models are what I'm refering to. You can get a Ford GT for that.

You're welcome!
yay2.gif

I was going to purchase a ZR1 2yrs ago and the price was 125k/ 109k now depending on location and dealer. I do not think GT40's are that low or will be.

A 2009 ZR1 with 543 miles on it just sold for $83k at the auction in Ft. Lauderdale. I'd say in two years they'll be selling for $65k.

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?SaleCode=FL12&ID=r218&Order=runorder&feature=

One of the reasons for not purchasing other than the wrong color arriving at the dealer. That is not a bad price currently. I have driven both the ZO6 and ZR1 and probably would stick to the ZO6 and upgrade motor performance from there.

I love the Ford GT. If only it was the same cost as a Corvette, I'd have one already! :biggrin: Why are mid-engine cars so expensive? The last reasonably priced mid-engine car I can remember is the 91-94 MR2. I wish I had the funds to get one of those when they were still being produced.

Do it, you won't regret it, and the prices just keep going up!!!! I won't give up my NSX, still love to drive it, especially with the top off. I have a thing for hand made, mid-engine, rear wheel drive, aluminum sports cars, that have 3 pedals!!! I have a "scapel and a machete", you guess which is which!!!

You're welcome!
yay2.gif
Only a poorly repaired salvage titled car, or a cheap kit car!

You clearly do not have a good understanding of the used Ford GT market.

You my friend are correct, low mileage, non Heritage cars are selling between 150 and over 200k. Heritage low mileage are selling 200-250k. "Higher" mileage, well maintained, clean cars 5-12,000 miles are selling 140-175k, so if you want a 100k car, please make sure your life insurance is paid up!!!

You're welcome!
yay2.gif

Here's a challenge or you, do a quick search for used Ford GT's and get back to us with all the ones priced near $100k. You won't find any. Cheapest I have seen is still over $140k.

As for corvettes in general, while I appreciate their perfomance I don't find them at all appealing. Too common, too much cheap plastic, horrible interiors. For a flagship car I expect rarity, quality and a WOW factor. No Corvette has those things. Common as dirt and about as interesting in my opinion.

Do it, you won't regret it, and the prices just keep going up!!!! I won't give up my NSX, still love to drive it, especially with the top off. I have a thing for hand made, mid-engine, rear wheel drive, aluminum sports cars, that have 3 pedals!!! I have a "scapel and a machete", you guess which is which!!!
If I win the lotto tonight, it'll be one of the first things on my list to get! :biggrin:

Your stable is sweet! /envious

I have heard so many speak of the NSX who have never driven one and make remarks about it's feel, performance and lack of power while not having a clue becasue they never drove one and certainly not at speed.

As for folks who do own a NSX, there are many who can not launch the car correctly or know how and where to shift for optimun performance.

Some of the remarks I am reading here about the C6 Corvette are revealing. Drive one, really drive one. It will surprise you.

Driving a Corvette in particular a C6 Z06, which is a 427, will humble you.

I love the idea of a 427 (ZO6) ragtop Vette but I don't have the skills to keep it under control. If you're going to punch that pedal to the floor you better be skilled, ready and experienced or it will be in the weeds or worse.

And please. There are front mid and rear mid engine cars.

I wanted, and have a NSX but this new car IS sweet and I like it.

Last edited:

You're welcome!
yay2.gif

Wow nice attempt at a save bringing up the 100k vette that no one was talking about. Too bad you were still way off. Good thing you put the dancing banana in to really make people want to point out you no nothing of car values. :rolleyes:

I have heard so many speak of the NSX who have never driven one and make remarks about it's feel, performance and lack of power while not having a clue becasue they never drove one and certainly not at speed.

As for folks who do own a NSX, there are many who can not launch the car correctly or know how and where to shift for optimun performance.

Some of the remarks I am reading here about the C6 Corvette are revealing. Drive one, really drive one. It will surprise you.

Driving a Corvette in particular a C6 Z06, which is a 427, will humble you.

I love the idea of a 427 (ZO6) ragtop Vette but I don't have the skills to keep it under control. If you're going to punch that pedal to the floor you better be skilled, ready and experienced or it will be in the weeds or worse.

And please. There are front mid and rear mid engine cars.

I wanted, and have a NSX but this new car IS sweet and I like it.

Joe, I'm not sure who that was directed to but as a car guy I think the 427 seems pretty sweet as well. I would love to drive one and push it to my limits (I'm under no delusion that I'm skilled enough to even push the NSX to its limits), but I don't know where to do that outside of a racing school. Even if I could, it's not going to make me want to trade in my NSX for one. I'm well aware that there are plenty of cheaper cars out there that can outperform my NSX which is based on 20 year old technology, but I would still rather have an NSX. It's like asking guys who have old Ferraris why don't they trade up for something newer/faster/cheaper/more reliable. Because like us they have a passion for their cars and sometimes being a sports car enthusiast is more than just having the latest and greatest.

It's funny, but since getting an NSX again I've googled "NSX vs ______" and found a lot of trash talk about how slow and overpriced the NSX is. I understand that the NSX isn't everyone's cup of tea, and I'm okay with that. It helps to keep it more accessible for those of us who are determined to own one.

Anyway, not to beat a horse to death but it's a little inciting to say "look out, here's a car that can do outperform the NSX for X% of the cost." Well, it's been more than 20 years since the NSX was originally introduced and I would be disappointed if car technology hasn't advance that much. But that's not the reason most of us are interested in the NSX.

Last edited:
Wow nice attempt at a save bringing up the 100k vette that no one was talking about. Too bad you were still way off. Good thing you put the dancing banana in to really make people want to point out you no nothing of car values. :rolleyes:

Well, somebody was talking about it--me.

There are few foibles, brown stains, riff-raff, dust-offs or life troubles that a dancing banana cannot cure. What can I say? It keeps me regular.

Technically true, but for purposes of discussion mid-engine *always* means engine behind the driver as far as I'm concerned.

I'll remember that next time when reading your posts that you have a different meaning for the term "mid engine" than what it really means and that's what you always mean.:cool:

BTW the platform this new Vette is based on has a closer to 50/50 front rear balance than the old NSX for what that's worth. 50/50 is not always best either.

It will be interesting to see what the next NSX weight bias will be. They have motors, batteries, trans to position. Some real engineering challenges cut out for them.

Joe, I'm not sure who that was directed to but as a car guy I think the 427 seems pretty sweet as well. I would love to drive one and push it to my limits (I'm under no delusion that I'm skilled enough to even push the NSX to its limits), but I don't know where to do that outside of a racing school. Even if I could, it's not going to make me want to trade in my NSX for one. I'm well aware that there are plenty of cheaper cars out there that can outperform my NSX which is based on 20 year old technology, but I would still rather have an NSX. It's like asking guys who have old Ferraris why don't they trade up for something newer/faster/cheaper/more reliable. Because like us they have a passion for their cars and sometimes being a sports car enthusiast is more than just having the latest and greatest.
It's funny, but since getting an NSX again I've googled "NSX vs ______" and found a lot of trash talk about how slow and overpriced the NSX is. I understand that the NSX isn't everyone's cup of tea, and I'm okay with that. It helps to keep it more accessible for those of us who are determined to own one.

Anyway, not to beat a horse to death but it's a little inciting to say "look out, here's a car that can do outperform the NSX for X% of the cost." Well, it's been more than 20 years since the NSX was originally introduced and I would be disappointed if car technology hasn't advance that much. But that's not the reason most of us are interested in the NSX.

Slow down. You really are putting so many words in my mouth that I don't know where to start.:confused:
Where you come up from my posts in this thread with what you have inferred, (shown in bold, above) is confusing to me.
I thought I made it clear I was comparing the upcoming NSX and the upcoming 427 Vette convertible.
This is about new vs new not about giving up your car for a Corvette or the next NSX for that matter.
My original post:
Whoa. Another hot contender for the sports car buck.
2013 Corvette 427 rag top.
Serious car for what I bet will be about 40% less than the next NSX.
See ^?:smile:

For the most part I agree with your last post and share the same opinion about why I own my car or why I would buy any older classic car.

Last edited:
I was really in the market for a C6 Z06 before I came across my NSX didn't even have the NSX in my radar until somebody that owned a NSX asked to give it a look I was really impressed with the vettes performance numbers and for the money I thought it was a great deal rather than a 2-3 year used NSX at the time. Until i saw 2 vettes around my house a white convertible and a black ZO6 that parks down the street from me.

Slow down. You really are putting so many words in my mouth that I don't know where to start.:confused:
Where you come up from my posts in this thread with what you have inferred, (shown in bold, above) is confusing to me.
I thought I made it clear I was comparing the upcoming NSX and the upcoming 427 Vette convertible.
This is about new vs new not about giving up your car for a Corvette or the next NSX for that matter.
My original post:

See ^?:smile:

For the most part I agree with your last post and share the same opinion about why I own my car or why I would buy any older classic car.
LOL. The confusion was because this thread was not posted in the "second gen NSX" forum, and there is no 2013 NSX. Also, I read your original post on my phone's tiny screen and my aging eyes skipped the word "next" in front of NSX. :biggrin: Apologies.

To me the new NSX is so far from reality right now I honestly have no idea how it will compare. And if it lacks a true manual, I don't know if I would even want to drive it let alone buy one.

Last edited:
I hope Honda is watching the sports car market. The next NSX is already falling behind and it isn't more than a dream on paper at this point.

Back