2013 427 Corvette Convertible- look out NSX

LJSB

Suspended
Whoa. Another hot contender for the sports car buck.
2013 Corvette 427 rag top.
Serious car for what I bet will be about 40% less than the next NSX.
Chevrolet has made some huge strides with the Corvette in the past decade.
We have given the Japanese credit for copying good designs and ideas and improving on them and here you get GM doing the same to Honda.
For example: wide use of aluminum and hand assembled motor like the NSX was.

2013-Corvette-427-Convertible-Collector-Edition-front-view-in-motion.jpg

2013-Corvette-427-convertibles-collector-edition-01.png

Really loved my vette. Great car. Very reliable. Very Fast.

IMO, the best daily driver sports car ever made.

Vette's are great cars, but I wouldn't ever buy one new. With their production volume their resale plummets. You can get a great deal on them a few years later and that IMO is the best time to buy one.

GAWD! WHAT AN UGLY REAR END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

+1 :eek: At least if there was an engine back there it might make some sense.
What is in there anyway? A huge fuel tank and those ugly U.S. mufflers?

That being said, some ugly cars do perform beyond belief, ie: vette, GTR, Noble.

+1 :eek: At least if there was an engine back there it might make some sense.
What is in there anyway? A huge fuel tank and those ugly U.S. mufflers?

That being said, some ugly cars do perform beyond belief, ie: vette, GTR, Noble.

It's the huge trunk that makes the car such an excellent DD. You can fit two sets of clubs back there in the coupe. Not sure in the convertible.

I am looking forward to the C7.

Every time I hear of a new Corvette with more HP or a new Mustang with more power (almost every Monday morning) I think of a newer MacDonald burger with more patties. No matter what you do to it, it is still a hamburger.

Prob would love to get one when they change their 4 tail lights

to something more modern, those 4 circle lights make the car look like every other Vette from any year.

I like vettes, and if my primary concern was performance for the buck I would have one already (or one of the new Mustangs). I don't think any front engine sports car could persuade me to give up my NSX. Now if they come out with a mid-engine Corvette, I may have to take a hard look at it.

And I'm looking forward to a $20k C6 Z06 once the C7 Z06 equivalent comes out.

What the C6 Z has in power from the factory and additional power with intake, full exhaust and a tune is what most NSX dream and should have from the factory for both the old and new NSX....

I agree with this. I really don't care for a rag top version....but the C6 Z06 has been on my radar for a while now. I almost picked one up locally a few months back but it sold the day before I was going to make the deal.

It would make the ultimate daily, hp/tq, hud, navi, heated seats, push start, 18/19's with massive 325's, 26mpg (hwy), etc etc. I'd love to have one in addition to my NSX, not in place of it however. In a few months, I'll be revisiting my quest for some american muscle...

Sure, the new Corvette will be a better deal than the NSX, but the new Corvette will also be like most other Corvettes and Mustangs...BORING. They want the cars to be appealing to the MASS MARKET, so they dull down and generalize the design so that nobody will be turned off by it.

Unfortunately, in making sure nobody is turned off by it...they fail to turn me ON to it.

Another generic front engine layout as well. What is wrong with these companies? You can do more with a 600 HP V8 engine in the middle than you can in the front.

Ford GT40; a prime example of what excellent design and layout can do. Now that's a stars and stripes car that gets me excited! :biggrin:

I wonder how many people would be willing to swap their C30-C32 for an LS7 in their NSX if there was no cost involved and it was a direct bolt on.

I would in a second.

Ford GT40; a prime example of what excellent design and layout can do. Now that's a stars and stripes car that gets me excited! :biggrin:
I love the Ford GT. If only it was the same cost as a Corvette, I'd have one already! :biggrin: Why are mid-engine cars so expensive? The last reasonably priced mid-engine car I can remember is the 91-94 MR2. I wish I had the funds to get one of those when they were still being produced.

I like vettes, and if my primary concern was performance for the buck I would have one already (or one of the new Mustangs). I don't think any front engine sports car could persuade me to give up my NSX. Now if they come out with a mid-engine Corvette, I may have to take a hard look at it.

Vettes are mid-engine.... front mid-ship that is...

the pic of the Ferrari now that looks bad ass.

the pic of the vette looked like every other Vette driving down the road.

nothing ever changes, more HP from year to year but other than that
same as the Vette

I would drive one if it was stick, but isnt 90% of them automatics?
just wondering Im def not a vette buy so my info may be off a tad.:rolleyes:

I love the Ford GT. If only it was the same cost as a Corvette, I'd have one already! :biggrin: Why are mid-engine cars so expensive? The last reasonably priced mid-engine car I can remember is the 91-94 MR2. I wish I had the funds to get one of those when they were still being produced.

For the cost of the new Vette', you could probably get a used Ford GT. :cool:

I like that old MR2 as well. I wonder if they are tough to find in nice condition these days.

Back