• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2009 Masters, one for the ages!

What an unbelievable Masters! I spent the whole day watching it! to see Phil shoot 30 on the front and double bogey 12, one of the most famous short par 3's, in the world, to lose his chance. His putter failed him two more times on the back. Tiger just wasn't Tiger but how great is it to have him back! What a gift to see him play!

It was sad seeing grown men wilt to pressure. Tiger and Phil had a tough time on the back. to see Furyk and others too. then to see Chad Campbell, one of my favorites, have the upper hand in the first playoff hole facing his approach shot after Angel and Kenny in trouble. Chad blocked it into the sand, made a great bunker shot but blocked his par putt to be eliminated from the playoff. You can really appreciate what Nicklaus did in 1986 to win it, another Masters Classic! Poor Kenny Perry who played great all week, lose his swing on the back as well as skulling his chips. Perry bogeyed 17 and 18 to let Campbell and Cabrera into a playoff; Kenny just looked like he was loosing it. I wonder if he will ever have another chance at a Major. And Angel Cabrera with a miracle par on the first playoff hole (18th) to extend the match. He looked so loose hitting his second shot in the trees bouncing off the trees into the middle of the fairway where he got up and down for a miracle save. on the second playoff hole, the 10th , his par was good enough again as Perry's approach yanked left and his third shot was skulled. At least Argentina gets the Green Jacket back after Roberto "I am a stupid" De Vincenzo lost his chance when he signed an incorrect scorecard and lost. did not see Angel chain smoking like he did at Oakmont in the US Open. maybe he stopped?

The pressures on these guys to be a part of history is unbelievable! It may be a long time before these guys can recover from being so close to taste it and not make it! That's why golf is so hard.

:eek::eek:

Great post!

I enjoyed watching yesterday, always do. I admit I was really hoping Phil could have pulled it off as I enjoy his style of play. Go Lefty :)

I thought it was interesting how CBS spent so much time on Phil and Tiger throughout the day and, at least to me, so little time with the leaders. Although I enjoyed watching them, the 'history' part (aside from Phil's 30 going out) really happened after they finished their round and the coverage shifted back to the leaders and that spectacular finish.

And wow what a finish and playoff. Good for Golf, the greatest game there is! :cool: (yes I'm watching Bagger Vance as I type this.)

Back