2004 3.2tl

Does anyone own the new 6spd TL? What are your impressions of it? What are the good and bad things about it?

I test drove one while I was having my NSX serviced and I'm thinking about buying one. I loved the interior, the seats, and the overall quality. It wasn't quite as powerful as I had hoped (although in fairness I had just gotten out of the NSX so it may better than I think). I did notice quiet a bit of torque steer (I know this is contrary to my statement about power: less power would mean less torque steer), body roll and understeer. All of these are things I expected from a front wheel drive car. My current daily driver is a Nissan Maxima SE so I'm familiar with the tradeoffs a front drive car brings.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I really like the car, but have purposely not test driven. My 99TL is over 5 years old now, and it might give me reasons to turn it in for a new car that I don't really need to buy right now. I'm only at 50K miles on the TL, so I'm in no immediate need for a new one.

The new TL was discussed recently in this thread.

I can only go off of our automatic, but it is a wonderful car. I don't notice the tq steer much at all. It has a lot more low-end TQ than my NSX.

Car and Driver rated the 6speed TL after the BMW 325 (give me a FU#$IN Break!) and the Infinity G35.

All they complain about is that it is front wheel drive. Blah Blah.. Get over it. How many people are going to take their TL's on a racetrack anyway??? That is what the NSX is for.

I don't think you can go wrong with the TL.

NetViper said:
I can only go off of our automatic, but it is a wonderful car. I don't notice the tq steer much at all. It has a lot more low-end TQ than my NSX.

Car and Driver rated the 6speed TL after the BMW 325 (give me a FU#$IN Break!) and the Infinity G35.

All they complain about is that it is front wheel drive. Blah Blah.. Get over it. How many people are going to take their TL's on a racetrack anyway??? That is what the NSX is for.

I don't think you can go wrong with the TL.

I'll take the TL over the 325 and G35 any day

Back