2003-2005 stock dyno?

I'm really curious to know what other late-model NSXes are making at the dyno. I couldn't find any results for stock '03-05 cars on here. Has anyone seen any?

I'm really curious to know what other late-model NSXes are making at the dyno. I couldn't find any results for stock '03-05 cars on here. Has anyone seen any?

Ask NSXSUPRA, Jason posted a thread two months ago.

I just started reading some interesting threads on the subject. I guess some people are saying that the mid 02 and up cars had the NSX-R motor in it. I know Honda kept the same horsepower rating, but I had a 2000, and my 2003 definitely feels faster.

some people that own 2002 and newer are saying that. But if you read the nsx book that had input on the changes from the chief designer of the nsx and s2000 they specifically state the differences between the nsx-r engine and the standard nsx engine.
these differences include (but are not limited to)
nsx-r engine had
-difference ecu tuning and shift light on the dash from ECU
-engine was balanced to much higher tolerance versus production
-heads were machined and ported to a higher tolerance versus production

There are differences between the late model (2001) and newer NA2 non nsx-r engine versus the earlier NA2 engine. (97-2001) these changes ALL relate to smog and include
-different (electronic) air pump injection (same system btw as s2000)
-different cats relocated closer to the exhaust manifold (to get them to higher temp quicker)
-because of the last point the exhaust configuration is slightly different on the later na2 engine
-0bd2 connector relocated to drivers side from passenger side
-different part number for ECU- i have been told that the later na2 ecu is not interchangable with the earlier na2, but i have not verified this.

So-- the later NA2's do get different dyno numbers, becuase of these changes honda made, but make no mistake honda didn't slip nsx-r engines in every car.
thanks

We had a dyno day on Saturday. The owner of the dealership dyno's his stock 04 NSX at 260 WHP. Don't know the torque.

Again, another late 02 plus with 10 to 15 more dyno'd power than early NA2.

some people that own 2002 and newer are saying that. But if you read the nsx book that had input on the changes from the chief designer of the nsx and s2000 they specifically state the differences between the nsx-r engine and the standard nsx engine.
these differences include (but are not limited to)
nsx-r engine had
-difference ecu tuning and shift light on the dash from ECU
-engine was balanced to much higher tolerance versus production
-heads were machined and ported to a higher tolerance versus production

There are differences between the late model (2001) and newer NA2 non nsx-r engine versus the earlier NA2 engine. (97-2001) these changes ALL relate to smog and include
-different (electronic) air pump injection (same system btw as s2000)
-different cats relocated closer to the exhaust manifold (to get them to higher temp quicker)
-because of the last point the exhaust configuration is slightly different on the later na2 engine
-0bd2 connector relocated to drivers side from passenger side
-different part number for ECU- i have been told that the later na2 ecu is not interchangable with the earlier na2, but i have not verified this.

So-- the later NA2's do get different dyno numbers, becuase of these changes honda made, but make no mistake honda didn't slip nsx-r engines in every car.
thanks

The None-"R" motors from what I understand, do get the same port polish, BP Engine. Yes, standard NSX gets different ECU setting (I just got the JDM "R" ECU and the throttle response is more aggressive). That said, I still stand by my statement from earlier, NA2 from May of 02 and up has more than 290 HP. Very much all of those cars dyno'd at least 10 to 15 more rwp. I highly doubt that my car with simple exaust can put out 295. 302 with Header and test pipes.

I still haven't dyno the car with "R" ECU and Mugen intake.

That said, I still stand by my statement from earlier, NA2 from May of 02 and up has more than 290 HP. Very much all of those cars dyno'd at least 10 to 15 more rwp. I highly doubt that my car with simple exaust can put out 295. 302 with Header and test pipes.

I still haven't dyno the car with "R" ECU and Mugen intake.

I'm not sure what month my '02 was made.....how do I find this out? I'd sure like to know this.

Good question, Viper. I was just logging back in to ask the same question. I've got an '02 that I might 'put into play'.

Well, I just had my girlfriend look for me (I'm out of town) and mine was made in January of 2002. :frown: So, my next question is how do we know that the early '02 motors dyno with less HP than the newer ones?

Dyno the car.

The reason for what I said was due to the fact that there was a Mid-year change for 02. That happened when JDM NSX R was introduced. I don't know too much about the early 02, maybe if you have your car dyno'd, it will give us a better view, or support my theory.

Dynos vary greatly... 10-15% differences can be found in dynos. I will prove this point soon as I am having my car dyno'ed on 2 other dynos. A dyno dynamics unit, and a dynojet (already have done it on a Dynomite). I can almost guarantee numbers that will vary greatly. Frankly I don't know how anything can be proven/disproven by a bunch of guys in different states running their cars on different dynos.

Also, I have to say that there is an assumption that R motors make more power. If it is, its most likely due to tuning. Balancing an engine to higher tolerances may make it smoother, but it does not guarantee more power. Honda's tolerances are tight to begin with. If it does make more power from balancing, its most likely no more than a few.

Back