• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 Front End Coversion

Started my 2002 Front end conversion yesterday. Here are some pics. Enjoy..

DAY 1 Saturday - took out the bumper - headlights
2996883751_41e4946035_o.jpg

DAY 2 Sunday -test fitted the passenger headlight and 02 hood
2997728116_9e71293f4b_o.jpg

Last edited:
I'm excited for you Henry. Cant wait to see the final result.
Give me a shout if you need some help.

JC

Props to you bro, I wanted to do the same thing.
Have you run into any unexpected problems doing it yourself?
I too am curious if you went aftermarket or OEM on the items.
Obviously you did on the hood but what about the other stuff.
Great job so far !!

Kudos for doing the conversion yourself- can't wait to see the final result. Now there are five '02 conversion in berlina black that I can remember (mine, Erick's, Jetpilot's Ex, and yours)....

I highly recommend the Downforce +02 conversion. The quality and finish of their product is fantastic and I'm not at all affiliated with them...just been there done that!:biggrin:

The only issue most owners will face with the conversion is cutting a small cutout on the headlight bucket (frame of NSX) in order to keep the headlight leveler which is located on the back of the +02 headlights. We are talking a small 1x1 inch hole...paint it up and you can't tell the bucket was cut.

I've written about my experience doing the +02 conversion process in the next issue of NSX Driver magazine.

Last edited:
I'm excited for you Henry. Cant wait to see the final result.
Give me a shout if you need some help.

JC

Hey JC..Thanks buddy....Still waiting for my 02 bumper...If you want to get your hands dirty - I'll give you a call one weekend...:wink:

wow its coming together!!! I should have just done my conversion but I decide to wait till possibly next year. =) Looking good soo far!!

Hey Brian,

Can't wait to get it all done..:biggrin:..Hopefully, in a couple of weeks..Thanks!

Props to you bro, I wanted to do the same thing.
Have you run into any unexpected problems doing it yourself?
I too am curious if you went aftermarket or OEM on the items.
Obviously you did on the hood but what about the other stuff.
Great job so far !!

I'm going pretty much with OEM parts with the exception of the type R hood, and a bunch of DF parts (headlight brackets, harnesses and possibly HID lighting..etc). You can get them from Erick or DF ..SOS might carry them too..
Thanks again! :wink:

Rusted_nailz Re: 2002 Front End Coversion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I cant wait to do my conversion. Looks great! Did you go oem or DF?

If I have the $$ I'll get the DF Type R hood..they fit like OEM...For thr front bumper the only difference is DF is one piece fiberglass and oem is two piece....but the best thing is DF cost a lot less than the OEM front bumper - almost half I think..Thanks!!

davidf Re: 2002 Front End Coversion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you post or PM me with the total cost? Thanks.

I'll let you know as soon as I finished...:wink:

NSXAMG996TT Re: 2002 Front End Coversion

Kudos for doing the conversion yourself- can't wait to see the final result. Now there are five '02 conversion in berlina black that I can remember (mine, Erick's, Jetpilot's Ex, and yours)....

Hey..all of your cars looks amazing..the reason I'm doing the 02 conversion :biggrin:...Where did you get your lip? I really like it - any issues?
Thanks ...:smile:

Jetpilot3 Re: 2002 Front End Coversion

I highly recommend the Downforce +02 conversion. The quality and finish of their product is fantastic and I'm not at all affiliated with them...just been there done that!

The only issue most owners will face with the conversion is cutting a small cutout on the headlight bucket (frame of NSX) in order to keep the headlight leveler which is located on the back of the +02 headlights. We are talking a small 1x1 inch hole...paint it up and you can't tell the bucket was cut.

I've written about my experience doing the +02 conversion process in the next issue of NSX Driver magazine.

I agree with JetPilot ...Can't go wrong with DF parts quality and fit...Regarding the headlight bucket you can just a buy a dremel or similar tool...It's not that hard...Hope your write up on the 02 conversion process goes out soon...Thanks!

Last edited:
Wow Henry, You're not wasting any time. Hope all goes well with your conversion.

Here's where I got my front spoiler....
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ts/NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/2002_ducted_spoiler/

Issues? Yeah, I scrape my steep driveway ALL the time (but my front is 1-2 inches off the ground). I placed some metal skid plates below for reinforcement. I think it's the best-looking and most functional front lip spoiler for the '02+ cars. Didn't even paint it, only three coats of clear and 45 mins to install.

BTW...nice SUV (I had an white '04 RR HSE)

Last edited:
Looks great.. Just wondering, what's the total cost you paid for the conversion ???
*& don't forget to post final pics!! :)

Wow Henry, You're not wasting any time. Hope all goes well with your conversion.

Hey Dennis, Got busy with work so it's taking me a while..the conversion is more complicated than I thought..a lot of fitting required..:wink: ..

I regret not buying the bundle of items for the 02 conversion at the beginning of the year! This is something I need to do if I keep my car!

I think I saw that..it was a great deal..well you can always get a similar deal with Tim (HondaAcuraworld) for oem parts and Erick (evof575gtc) for DF parts.

Here's where I got my front spoiler....
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produc...ucted_spoiler/

Issues? Yeah, I scrape my steep driveway ALL the time (but my front is 1-2 inches off the ground). I placed some metal skid plates below for reinforcement. I think it's the best-looking and most functional front lip spoiler for the '02+ cars. Didn't even paint it, only three coats of clear and 45 mins to install.

Thanks..I might go to that route later on..need to save some $$$ :biggrin:

almost done?

Hey erick...Not quite done yet..I still have to adjust the hood/bumper for better fit..

Looks great.. Just wondering, what's the total cost you paid for the conversion ???
*& don't forget to post final pics!!

He dawn...the cost still adding up but I'll let you know once it's all done..How's your car?

UPDATE

OEM parts came in last week..Thanks Tim (Hondacuraworld)..you're the man..:wink:

3053634046_b6ab16eb07.jpg

I had the bumper installed for fitting last saturday..

3053628434_df319d1450_b.jpg

Wired up the old HID lights from my flip up lights yesterday..and it work!!

3053644894_946068f105.jpg

3053643716_7c2f0ecf22_b.jpg

Last edited:
Almost done with conversion ...just a few minor things to go...some pics I took today...

3133721381_9d50931415_b.jpg

3133720787_ceb4cdb5ee.jpg

3133720143_5457b1bbcb.jpg

3134529682_e2deb1b71a_b.jpg

3133707693_b06f81765f_b.jpg

Looks good, now its time for some JDM baller' rims:biggrin:

Back