• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2001 Yel/Blk coming up at Mecum Auction - Houston, TX, April 11th Friday

Agree that should pull a strong price at that mileage and apparent good condition

Kindly post up the selling price after the auction

Is it me or is the rear valance repainted. I thought they were black. The should raise a question. That's if the bidders know what they're looking at. Makes me want to see it in person. It still looks good though.

"- 12.92 second quarter mile"

Isn't that a bit auspicious? I thought a stock NA2 was closer to 13.5s?

I also believe that the rear valence doesn't come painted all yellow like that from the factory, nor should the centercaps be yellow. And unless my eyes deceive me, the car looks lowered? A few attributes of the car don't look stock to me.

Yeah, rear valence has been painted, which probably means the whole rear end was painted which begs the question of rear impact.
HA0414-187286_3.jpg

Tacky wheel emblems
HA0414-187286_6.jpg

Car & Driver posted a 12.9 quarter mile in their 7/98 article on the NSX (same article listed a 4.5 0-60 time), perhaps that is where they are getting this fantasy data from.

Anything to sell a car. It'll be interesting to see what it sells for. Since it's Mecum, It'll have a reserve and it will likely sell in the back off the block.

it does have matching calipers/valvestem caps.....almost like numbers matching...

Car & Driver posted a 12.9 quarter mile in their 7/98 article on the NSX (same article listed a 4.5 0-60 time), perhaps that is where they are getting this fantasy data from.

It could be possible to get those numbers
I believe the car from the article mentioned belongs to a fellow in the NE, in fact I know the car and owner and have done an alignment on the car. It is very strong and has over 120k miles
He does better than 12.9 in the quarter mile, more like 12.49, stock motor but IHE. He can drive the 1/4 mile VERY well and I suspect most of the folks who have tested these cars for magazines could not do what this fellow can. FYI he has posted his time slips here on Prime before, it's real.

It could be possible to get those numbers
I believe the car from the article mentioned belongs to a fellow in the NE, in fact I know the car and owner and have done an alignment on the car. It is very strong and has over 120k miles
He does better than 12.9 in the quarter mile, more like 12.49, stock motor but IHE. He can drive the 1/4 mile VERY well and I suspect most of the folks who have tested these cars for magazines could not do what this fellow can. FYI he has posted his time slips here on Prime before, it's real.

I recall the discussion about that car and numbers and I do believe the driver is doing as he claimed.

However, putting those numbers down as an expectation for what someone can get out of a NSX is a little deceptive. The NSX is a quick car, but it is not as fast as cars that typically have numbers published like that. When you compare those numbers to the more "normal" NSX numbers, you can see they are clearly an outlier in the data.

i can visually see a minimum of 5 things not highly original
Lets hear them! I only saw the valence, red calipers, zanardi mats and the wheel caps, but I am pretty bad at the spot the oddity game.

Last edited:
Lets hear them! I only saw the valence, red calipers, zanardi mats and the wheel caps, but I am pretty bad at the spot the oddity game.

you missed the valve stem caps, Dunlop Direzza, would bet money its lowered (compare to a stock car)..

HA0414-187286_1.jpg

$T2eC16ZHJGUFFh)rg8GkBR8YOw0)gw~~60_1.JPG

^both the mecum car

Below are auto show cars and factory display cars

2001-Acura-NSX-Yellow-Rear-1024x768.jpg

acura-nsx-19419-hd-wallpapers.jpg

1997AcuraNSX@1997Web22.jpg

Acura_NSX_houston97.jpg

Even lower than a zanardi
1999_Acura_NSX_Alex_Zanardi_Edition_002_5127.jpg

Last edited:
When you compare those numbers to the more "normal" NSX numbers, you can see they are clearly an outlier in the data.

Drivers are of lessor skills normally go slower and get "normal" numbers.
I find it disturbing to think that I may be normal.:eek:

If I was a magazine test driver 6.0 sec for 0-60 and 14.5 would still be the pinnacle of performance benchmarks regardless of the car. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Should be interesting to see what it goes for. It's the twin to my 01.

Yeah, rear valence has been painted, which probably means the whole rear end was painted which begs the question of rear impact.
HA0414-187286_3.jpg

Tacky wheel emblems
HA0414-187286_6.jpg

Well my 91 runs a 12.93 1/4 with stock internals and headers / exhaust 4.23 final drive and street summer tires. So its not too far off the truth. Or they found my post and used my numbers HAHA!

Back