1997 year NSX have any bugs?

Okay, I've narrowed it down to wanting a 6spd '97+.

I know there were plenty of changes that took place that year. Like most cars that come out their introductory year, bugs are almost always apparent. I haven't heard of anything with the 97's being problematic but I just thought I'd ask.

I'm getting close :)

Hi, The only issue I know of with the 1997 NSX, is that they had an update to the P/S CPU. This would have been completed on most cars under warrenty.

Other than that BulletProof...like all NSX's

Bram

The NSX mechanics I've talked to have said the the '97+ models are primarialy issue free. Most of the "minor" issues in the older models were resolved ie. snap ring, power windows, ECU, etc. I haven't had any major issues with my '99. One thing I would warn you about with any Targa top is to check the seals around the targa and windows. The rear seal that runs the width of the car is damned expensive ($960) because it has to come from Japan. I'd inspect this all seals along with other more standardly inspected parts before you make your purchase. Good luck!

surferX said:
The NSX mechanics I've talked to have said the the '97+ models are primarialy issue free. Most of the "minor" issues in the older models were resolved ie. snap ring, power windows, ECU, etc. I haven't had any major issues with my '99. One thing I would warn you about with any Targa top is to check the seals around the targa and windows. The rear seal that runs the width of the car is damned expensive ($960) because it has to come from Japan. I'd inspect this all seals along with other more standardly inspected parts before you make your purchase. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. :)

Back