1995 NSX Type-R or 1997 NSX Type-S/Zero

A type s-zero is "essencially" a type r for the 1997-2000 years however I don't believe it has the "blueprinted" engine that the type r has.

Hi Adnan,

Personally, I would go for the Type S Zero since you are going to mod the car anyway. Performance wise, there should be not too much difference between these cars although the Type R would probably be a little faster on a track when driven by an experienced driver. Remember, even the 1992 Type R was 5 seconds FASTER than Porsches best test-driver could do in a Porsche 911 Turbo and at that time that P911TT already had something like 360 HP, way more than the NSX.

BTW, if I would mod a NSX as much as you plan to do, I would go for the NA-options than SoS offers rather than a turbo-kit. I know that a twin-turbo will in the end give you more power, but I just feel that a top-performing NSX should be a NA car rather than a supercharged or turboed-car.

I Know thats why i am going to buy i did it like that so that i don't get the post about "how bad it is to tune a type-r" I really don't see the harm in tuning a type r

MvM said:
Hi Adnan,

Personally, I would go for the Type S Zero since you are going to mod the car anyway. Performance wise, there should be not too much difference between these cars although the Type R would probably be a little faster on a track when driven by an experienced driver. Remember, even the 1992 Type R was 5 seconds FASTER than Porsches best test-driver could do in a Porsche 911 Turbo and at that time that P911TT already had something like 360 HP, way more than the NSX.

BTW, if I would mod a NSX as much as you plan to do, I would go for the NA-options than SoS offers rather than a turbo-kit. I know that a twin-turbo will in the end give you more power, but I just feel that a top-performing NSX should be a NA car rather than a supercharged or turboed-car.

Nice point
I also like supercharged but would like to know the up and down's of the Supercharger and a Twin-Turbo

Get the type-s and get the NSX-R suspension, sways, and chassis bar from SOS. than you have a type-R (almost)

Please just get a regular nsx. A regular nsx with the parts that you want will be just as fast as a type r or type s with the same parts. Painting the car will really hurt the value of it.

fyi, cybernations doesnt actually make that turbo kit.

You'll either have to go for the HP Motorsports kit, or the new LoveFab kit since you wont be able to ship your car to the U.S. for a FactorX turbo kit.

I just hope you don't paint the car if you do decide to get the NSXR. Once that happens, it will never be original again...even if you have the dealer paint it factory. Plus, i'm not certain on this, but i believe the original type r's of all models (ITR, CTR, NSXR, Accord-R) have a very thin layer of clear coat.

If you are going to midify the car so much, i don't see why getting a regular nsx in your area is not a route you are willing to go. You already listed in your mod list that you are going to change the suspension and highly tune the engine, which is what makes the R different, aside from the rarity. So why is having having a regular NSX so hard for you to choose? The only thing that will be different is that you can say your car was an original R.

IIRC the NSX SubZero (S-Zero) is slightly faster than the old model NSX-R.

Re: Troll_Guard

NA1/2-R said:
Dito that!!!

Why must you all 'chat' w/ a pre-teen having an online fantasy or an obvious imposter?

Exactly!

Too funny
I was thinking about importing one as well but since it will not be fast enough, I want to SC it, and a Turbo, and NOS.

Should I change the suspension as well? I am going to paint it Lambo green too, just so it sticks out even more......:wink:

Last edited:

Wait a sec,
I am really going to buy one my importer e-mail me the price of the Type-S it's a lot. I think that i can better take a 1997 NSX-T or a normal NSX.

You must decide what you want with your NSX.

If you want it to go as fast as possible, a normal NSX would do just fine - because it weighs less than the NSX-T. Add supercharger to it or the SOS 3,8 l. engine build

If you want to enjoy it a NSX-T should be good enough.

If you want to make it go fast around the track you should concentrate on suspension, bigger brakes, stiffen the chassis and so on...

What do you want? :confused:

Just buy a 1997+ NSX with 6 speed, 3,2 l. engine and mod it till your wallet bleeds :)

Osiris_x11 said:
Why must you all 'chat' w/ a pre-teen having an online fantasy or an obvious imposter?

I am wondering the same thing. This thread is in no way legit....good luck importing your 1:18 scale NSX Type-R from Japan. :rolleyes:

Wait a sec,
I am really going to buy one my importer e-mail me the price of the Type-S it's a lot. I think that i can better take a 1997 NSX-T or a normal NSX.

Besides that, are you really sure you want to drive a right-hand-drive?

Maybe I missed the post, but where are you located? Does your country have RHD or LHD? Another poster already summed it up...Pick the Type-S if you plan on modding it.

Back