1995 NSX Type-R or 1997 NSX Type-S/Zero

Hi,
I am going to import a NSX from Japan but don't know wich one's best for me
I want a Fast one with Quick acceleration sporty inside must be a manual.
The big factor for me is performance and secondly looks (I love racing style cars) I got 3 cars the fit in my budget (I am going to tune the car)
these are my options:
1992-1995 NSX-R
And
1997-2000 Type-S
And
1997-2000 Type-S Zero

Wich one has the best performance? (I would like to have some specs/stats)
I would like to know top speed acceleration times wight (like it light) And what does a nsx do for fuel consumption?
I want to put a Twin Turbo and a Taitec kit on the car and some 18" rims
I want a fast base car must have reasonable safety (going to add some drilled disc and the preformance brake system).

And what do I need to look out for when buying/importing a NSX
Are there parts the can rust like under the paint as i am going to repaint the car
I would like to have a hydro suspension (easy for speed bumps) is this posibelle (with out lossing preformace).
So wich car shoud I take?

Looking forward to your tips and comments

Sorry i forgot to add this,
What does it cost to run a NSX i would like to run it as a daily car.
And what does services cost.
What is average mileage on a NSX?
And how much "Shopping" can you take in a NSX. (not realy important)

Have you checked the price for a Type R?

Just curious. Thought they cost like 80-100.000 $.

Type R as daily driver?? Wow...

And I don't understand why you want a Type R and then SC/turbo it. I would have left the car alone. It's a classic built in very limited numbers and the car is loved by the NSX community.

Note that the Type R only is available with RHD.

What is Taitec kit? You mean Taitec exhaust + headers?

I think you would be just fine with a NSX, don't "need" Type R if you're planning to do all those mod's. Putting 18" on that car is just wrong IMO.

And why is fuel consumption important if you want to add FI to the car :p

Edit: Also note that Type R were meant as "track car for the streets" - so I suppose the ride is harsh.

So as a daily driver and a NSX to mod's on you are better off with a normal NSX than the special versions....

As far as I know noone here actually have a original NSX-R or Type R in this forum, so assuming maintance costs are a little bit different...

And IF you get a Type R, I don't think you will feel any need to mod it. I think it will give you amazing driving pleasure anyway.

Last edited:
I am getting it from Japan $71,000 thats my car budget i will pay round 30,000 For the tuning all inc and going to give it a new paint job i can give you some concepts i made for the paint
I real like the race suspeinsion i like. (I will keep all orginal parts on the side!)
A tuned NSXR will be a one of a kind
And i t was at first not the plan to get the type R but i noticed i could get and it's my favorite car.
But i like the 6speed 3.2L engine of the type-s zero 1997
and the RHD is no problem for me
The body kit will be from taitec This one: http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/TAITEC/JGTC_wide_fenders/

so i don't see the harm in moding it if you have the original part in storage!

Last edited:
AdnanVCS said:
I am getting it from Japan $71,000 thats my car budget i will pay round 30,000 For the tuning all inc and going to give it a new paint job i can give you some concepts i made for the paint
So wich car shoud i take?????
I sure hope the paint job doesn't look like this:

He sorry i don't want to make u angree os somthing but i will tune the car and when i sell it i will make it 100% original and the paint job will not look like that (thats the most ugly nsx i have seen) and i don't get the import tax i am not in the USA and i am not going to (de-tune the car) i think i take a NSX-S Zero 1997 but i am not sure (I am thinkin in make the Type-R a JGTC car for the road those cars are also based on a Type-R and they are one of the best looking NSX's on the planet (thats what i think)

So far as i know the Type-S Zero is basicly a 3.2L Type-R with a 6MT
Right then i take it
can i have the full specs of the Type-S Zero PLZ

What would you guys say if i finde a modifed Type-R in japan????

Psychobiology said:
I sure hope the paint job doesn't look like this:

Wow that is one of the fugliest paint jobs I have ever seen. Just goes to show there is no accounting for taste.

AdnanVCS said:
He sorry i don't want to make u angree os somthing but i will tune the car and when i sell it i will make it 100% original and the paint job will not look like that (thats the most ugly nsx i have seen) and i don't get the import tax i am not in the USA and i am not going to (de-tune the car) i think i take a NSX-S Zero 1997 but i am not sure (I am thinkin in make the Type-R a JGTC car for the road those cars are also based on a Type-R and they are one of the best looking NSX's on the planet (thats what i think)

So far as i know the Type-S Zero is basicly a 3.2L Type-R with a 6MT
Right then i take it

On one hand I believe that you should do whatever you want with your car. On the otherhand with the amount of mods you are going to do, why not buy a cheaper non Type-S, R or Zero and spend more money modding, suspension, brakes, new seats, built motor, stroked from Science of Speed and/or boosted. That would be one hell of an NSX.

To me it wouldn't make sense to get one of the cars you mentioned because you are going to change it so much, the only thing is you get to say you have a type etc, but it wouldn't be true in form. Just my $.02

clr1024 said:
Wow that is one of the fugliest paint jobs I have ever seen. Just goes to show there is no accounting for taste.

Yeah i will paint my nsx in Red, Black and wite
I will get the parts from SOS

But the NSX-R is my favorite car i have saved money for it!

AdnanVCS said:
Yeah i will paint my nsx in Red, Black and wite

I could see how that might look good, but I can also see the potential for that to look bad. Personally I like very clean looking paint jobs simple one color. There is a beautiful wide body candy red car on here, to me that is elegant and classy, little aggresive but tastefully done.

Now i really don't know what wich i take i will get the prices in from my importer in Japan

THE BIG QUESTION:
nsxr.jpg

Type-R 1992-1995

OR
nsxs0.jpg

Type-S Zero 1997-2001

I got some specs
I think if it is cheaper i take a Type-S Zero

This is my list of parts from SOS
Qty Product ID Description Price
remove epp-172 TAITEC JGTC-style Wide Rear Fenders - CFRP $2,384.00
remove epp-405 Burn-Up JGTC 98-spec Hood $1,163.00
remove bpp-281 KVR / AP Racing Big Brake System for NSX $3,995.00
remove spp-381 ScienceofSpeed-Spec JIC Suspension System - NSX, all years $1,795.50
remove eap-421/161 Cantrell AIS & Uni Dual-Stage Foam Filter - save $10! $349.00
remove epp-371 Lechers Side Steps $1,243.00
remove epp-611 Yokota Bodycraft Vented Front Wide Fenders $1,155.00
remove epp-401 Burn-Up JGTC 98-spec Front Bumper $1,627.00
remove epp-142 TAITEC JGTC Fixed HID Headlight Kit $1,917.00
remove epp-406 Burn-Up Rear Spoiler $1,215.00

product total: $ 16,843.50
subtotal: $ 16,843.50

RIMS: Rays/Versus BL 20 FX or Camionato F20
Twin Turbo Kit: Cybernation Stage 1Turbo kit $4995 OR Stage 2 $7500

Qty Product ID Description Price
remove ipp-431 carbon fiber interior dash trim $279.00
remove ipp-231 Ks Carbon Fiber Gauge Bezel $309.00
remove ipp-813 ScienceofSpeed Billet Aluminum Door Handles (pair) - gunmetal silver anodized $345.00

product total: $ 933.00
subtotal: $ 933.00

TOTAL:$22,771.50 | 17,670.35 euro

|Adeel said:
Please let us know Type R prices.

My importer in japan says i can get a Type-R for round 55,000 to 60,000 Euros (round 85,000USD) He said that the car might be a litel tuned (rims exhaust and shocks)

AdnanVCS said:
My importer in japan says i can get a Type-R for round 55,000 to 60,000 Euros (round 85,000USD) He said that the car might be a litel tuned (rims exhaust and shocks)

Okey. I'm sure the car is worth it :)

This is a 1994 NSX base (3d)
Honda%20NSX-R%20concept%201992%20A.jpg

I am really bad in drawing and i did it just quick to show you all my concept
I hope you like it

AdnanVCS said:
Hi,
I am going to import a NSX from Japan but don't know wich one's best for me
Are you importing into the U.S and if you are, do you know what it takes to legalize a car from Japan?

These are the specs (copyed them from a site)

Type-S Zero
Specifications

Type NA2
Model NSX S-Zero
Production years 1997 +
Body
Style Coupé
Seats 2
Doors 2
Length 4430 mm
Width 1810 mm
Hight 1160 mm