18" 19" HP Evo Split-5 wheels

I'm looking at purchasing the Split-5 version of HP EVO's seen in the ebay link below. Has anybody tried them out? I'd like to see how they look on an NSX if anybody has pics.

Thanks,
Nate

9831_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-1...ryZ43959QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm picking these up, I guess I'll be the first?

Your wheels aren't a split 5 spoke, but close. Nice pics

popsicle ,

They will be here in 3-4 days. I'll post a pic of them on the car when they arrive.

Yeah thats me (Hahnn002 on S2KI) and I'm still on Oahu, at least until April. I'll post pics up here and on S2KI when the wheels come in.

This thread is worthless without pics:biggrin: :biggrin: just kidding man, the car looks great. Made me miss it when I saw you drive away. I was just reading how they stopped making the Model 5s so those Advans might be worth something now.

The wheels are at the shop being mounted and balanced. Install and pics will happen tomorrow.

No problem, it's been raining on me the past couple days. I'll have pics up in a couple hours after I wash the car.

Here's the pics! I'll take better photographs at our local cruise on Sunday. I purchased these from Alex Castillo of "The Speed Depot" (www.thespeeddepot.com), he's a terrific ebay seller and it was very easy doing business with him.

I used 3mm spacers to clear the brake calipers. Tires are Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 225/35/18 and 265/30/19. I already had the 265's in my garage so I used them for now, but I'll go wider in the rear when they wear out.

NSXfront.jpg

NSXside.jpg

NSXrear.jpg

NSXfront-et.jpg

NSXrear-et.jpg

NSXfrontclose.jpg

NSXrearclose.jpg

NSXrearlip.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very nice...Nice watch Dog :biggrin: .

Nate, that is a beautiful setup. Nice look and clean. Is the interior still Louis Vuitton? I sat on those seats like I was sitting on eggs most of the time and nearly cried when I found a tear. Had the whole seat redone, but that was then. I'm onto the racy look now, but want to get back to my roots, I.C.E....

Anyways, lovely setup, kind of like what I have now on our demo
http://www.gt-rom.net/photo/photo.htm

The red one below the DOME GT car...but my RX-7 is still my daily and I love the twin turbos!woooshh woooshh!!:wink:
DJ

DJ, I've looked at the red NSX on your site several times but I didn't realize that one was your, VERY nice. The last owner of my car had the seats redone so I never saw the LV interior, its black leather with Suede inserts now.

16688Driver_Seat.jpg

16688Pass_Seat.jpg

Navy housing just off Nimitz and almost under the via-duct, if you look real close in the front end shot you can see the supports for H1 and Alamo rental car.

Wow, can't believe it, looks like a totally different car now. Very nicely done. Same mats though. I bought them from Dali. I bought the kit from Dali too, except the front spoiler, I kept the stock one, my condo had a mean driveway! I wish I could have gotten the interior scraps...hard to get that Vuitton in Japan, customs is tough on that stuff...
I'm looking to do some new rims as well, little more bling...but with the new kit coming out I should probably wait...
DJ

DJ, I'll post more shots after our Sunday cruise. I've been waxing the hell out of it and so far I applied 2 layers of Zaino Z5 last night, another layer today, and tonight it will get 2 layers of Z2. I'll also get you some more pics of the interior so you can see the gauge assembly.

Nate like I said to you via a PM,your car looks fantastic !
I am glad that the sideskirts,rear spats worked out for you and REALLY glad to play a part in the look of it !!
CONGRATS !

Stacy

Attachments

• Nate.jpg
    Nate.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Since moving back to Japan I'm not a fan of overseas Suskits anymore, but unless he changed it, I had H&R springs, Bilstein shocks and Dali's coilovers. At that time I had Foose 18/19's and the drop looked about what it does now. Ride was a little harsh then but I assumed that's what coilovers were supposed to be like at the time. Totally false assumption though...
And cruising through the Keys!!(Waikiki) I miss so much! Tourists would take pictures it was sweet! Cops are horrible out there though, but once they see you're not a racer punk they turn cool. Is that retired Sheriff still in the crew? Black NA1, type T I think. And the limo driver, black automatic. Cool dude too. Man I miss Hawaii sometimes, but I can't bring this one to the states so that's why I'm looking for an Acura from the US to import to Japan. That way whatever I do to it, I can bring it back to the US and enjoy.
DJ

Back