17/18 best value

post your opinion which aftermarket 17/18 wheel combo is the best deal in terms of price/weight ratio (post both if you know). i would say anything above 20 lbs or heavier than oem is disqualified.

my bid are enkei rpf1, $1000/set, 18 lbs rear.

Rota G-Force 17/18 ($700):

14_acuransx.jpg

post your opinion which aftermarket 17/18 wheel combo is the best deal in terms of price/weight ratio (post both if you know). i would say anything above 20 lbs or heavier than oem is disqualified.

my bid are enkei rpf1, $1000/set, 18 lbs rear.

RPF1 hands down. You can get them for like $920 a set from Dali Racing. Price to weight ratio, these cant be beat.

I have them, and like them alot.

thx guys, keep them coming,
try to keep things nsx only and observe the points of being light and well priced (ie. advans are not cheap).

Where do you get them for $700? They look great!

Hit up [email protected], the salesman is named Hikaru; the sizes you need are:

G-FORCE 1780 48 5X114.3 73.1
G-FORCE 1890 30 5X114.3 73.1

These are perfect for the nsx, flush, and work great with 215/40/17 & 265/35/18 tires.

Price was actually $690 cash, picked up (1 year ago).

The Fikse company makes custom wheels for race cars. They also make custom wheels for street cars.

Go to

www.fikse.com

they will make you up a set of custom wheels that are under $1k each and will be under 20 lbs each.

Look at the Profil series.

BTW, what is the advantage of staggering the wheel size?
Does the traction control system have to be reprogrammed if one stays within the size equivalents?
Are there any drawbacks (rubbing, etc.)

the reason for this tread was to compile best choices without spending big bucks- $4000 for a set may not be 'best value".

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, what is the advantage of staggering the wheel size?
Does the traction control system have to be reprogrammed if one stays within the size equivalents?
Are there any drawbacks (rubbing, etc.)

The smaller front wheel was intended to increase available foot room on the nsx; for TCS, the overall diameter ratio from F/R must be within 5%, you can do this with or without staggered wheel diameters.

The primary reason people install 17/18, or 18/19, is for the stance - most owners agree the car 'looks' better with the slight rake created, visually, by staggered diameter wheels.

With an 18" front, your tire selection is limited, and rubbing becomes easier, although with the proper tire and offset there should be no rubbing, even when lowered.

Re: 17/18 best value is relative - not always cheapest

the reason for this tread was to compile best choices without spending big bucks- $4000 for a set may not be 'best value".

Actually Fiske quoted me under $3500 for a set of 4 specially designed for the car and they will install the tire of your choice when they make the wheels.

They also are aware of issues about the TCS system and have supplied fitments for many NSXs. Will at Fiske is a wealth of info and you can actually talk to the chief designer by appointment.

A Savile Row suit may not be the cheapest but it is the best value.

I have had good luck with Dali so they be a less expensive alternative.

Just throwing out ideas.

+1 I'd see best value as <$1k.

Then around $1500 being a very nice step up. And anything over $2k being premium and beyond since, $500 each can get some REALLY nice performance wheels.

Last edited:
while $3500 per set may be a 'good deal' as compared with what they usually ask for fiske rims, you can buy a set of oz or enkei wheels for 1/3 the price AND they are lighter and have correct fitments as well. there is no 'advantage' of fiske besides bling, name and 'custom fitment' (again, a misnomer)- thats not 'value' in general opinion. find me strong, light, good looking wheels for a good price- thats value.

edit: thanks for your input btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
which is y i'm in the market for the TSW cadwell wheels..look decent..with tires comes out around 1200shipped..not bad really but still dont' know if it's going to look good..have not buy it yet.

i suspect the tsw's are not too light- you may want to check into that unless that is a secondary concern for you to their price and appearance. :smile:
there are tons of wheels out there that will fit, we can all argue on different looks but lightweight and strong should be the first characteristic taken into consideration. so far we have about 5 decent choices- not bad.

Back