'05 JH4NA21665S000094 in OH

In the beginning he says:

Then he says:

What will he say next?

And what meaningful comment will you make next? What helpful comment will you make next? I'd love to see what you think of Jas's comments. Let it go. You only latch on to what you want and it's negative.

If you really had anything to say that was constructive perhaps your first entry quoting me may have been like the second paragraph in Jas's email. It just doesn't seem like you have much of a friendly bone in your body. You are the only one that has ever come out at me like this. I have written 100s of emails and tried to help many on this site and I have many friends here. We all learn - I'm no exception - and I am usually the first to admit that. I believe my posts here represent that in me. That's all I'm going to say to you - I believe others have recognised something here that you are obviously missing.

And what meaningful comment will you make next? What helpful comment will you make next? I'd love to see what you think of Jas's comments. Let it go. You only latch on to what you want and it's negative.

If you really had anything to say that was constructive perhaps your first entry quoting me may have been like the second paragraph in Jas's email. It just doesn't seem like you have much of a friendly bone in your body. You are the only one that has ever come out at me like this. I have written 100s of emails and tried to help many on this site and I have many friends here. We all learn - I'm no exception - and I am usually the first to admit that. I believe my posts here represent that in me. That's all I'm going to say to you - I believe others have recognised something here that you are obviously missing.

Tim, Tim, Tim,

When giving NSX counseling remember to put the clutch in before you put it in gear!

Generally quality NSX's sell for exactly what they are worth.

At $55K I would consider it a "good deal" if everything was as advertised.

Don't worry, $55k for an 05 is a screaming deal ~ just keep in mind not all of us have the same view of what a "nice" nsx should be.

You ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Rare colors, rare mods, etc all determine the price.

Comparing a 91 to an 05 is ridiculous for market gauging....

As my dad said to me, it's a GREAT DEAL if the seller is happy with spending the money! That's all that matters :wink:

I don't know who is comparing 91 sales to 05s? Anyway -as you say not analgous. However if one end of the market is sinking then the other surely is as well.

55k for an 05 with super low miles at 55k is about 10k lower than it was last year or there abouts. I think the big point here has always been that prices are coming down and this deal of Jas's is an indication just like the 04 Bethemortgage has with 23k miles he just bought for a smokin deal. I believe that while it may not be easy to compare even 04 sales to 05 specials - there is surely every indication from 91 to 05 that NSX prices are in a slump as is the entire world market for just about everything.

I am hoping like everyone here that things change, that the economy picks back up, that these low prices for our cars - of ALL years- improves. Will it in the forseeable future - I don't know but the initial indications and economic forecasts don't look pretty. I just hope we can all hold on to our cars and no one has to make a distressed sale as some seem to be. That is one thing driving our NSX market down and I think we all, unfortunately know that all too well. At least most of us. I'm sad to see it - I would surely love to see things improve in real estate as well. We could all use a break now couldn't we.

Adios.

However if one end of the market is sinking then the other surely is as well.

I'll have to disagree with you on this one point.

Go do some research on 993s and let me know what you find out.

I'll have to disagree with you on this one point.

Go do some research on 993s and let me know what you find out.

What I meant was if one end of the NSX market is dropping then the other one surely is. As in if 2005s are dropping so are the 91s.

Haven't really been keeping up with 993s lately but I heard they were now in the upper 20s.

I don't know who is comparing 91 sales to 05s? Anyway -as you say not analgous. However if one end of the market is sinking then the other surely is as well.

55k for an 05 with super low miles at 55k is about 10k lower than it was last year or there abouts. I think the big point here has always been that prices are coming down and this deal of Jas's is an indication just like the 04 Bethemortgage has with 23k miles he just bought for a smokin deal. I believe that while it may not be easy to compare even 04 sales to 05 specials - there is surely every indication from 91 to 05 that NSX prices are in a slump as is the entire world market for just about everything.

I am hoping like everyone here that things change, that the economy picks back up, that these low prices for our cars - of ALL years- improves. Will it in the forseeable future - I don't know but the initial indications and economic forecasts don't look pretty. I just hope we can all hold on to our cars and no one has to make a distressed sale as some seem to be. That is one thing driving our NSX market down and I think we all, unfortunately know that all too well. At least most of us. I'm sad to see it - I would surely love to see things improve in real estate as well. We could all use a break now couldn't we.

Adios.

Tim, I'd like to think or maybe I should say I'm reasonably confident that a car like yours will rebound when the car market does. Like the cream rising to the top. I still tend to think that a buyer in a market like the NSX is looking for quality vehicles. My crystal ball tells me don't count the NSX out on a good price rebound when the market improves...and it will. Look 3-5 years from now I'm betting our cars (the good ones like Tim's) are commanding a premium. Y'all can define what a premium is!!

Tim, I'd like to think or maybe I should say I'm reasonably confident that a car like yours will rebound when the car market does. Like the cream rising to the top. I still tend to think that a buyer in a market like the NSX is looking for quality vehicles. My crystal ball tells me don't count the NSX out on a good price rebound when the market improves...and it will. Look 3-5 years from now I'm betting our cars (the good ones like Tim's) are commanding a premium. Y'all can define what a premium is!!

I'm betting you are right too Sidwac. Matter of fact - I have no worries except hoping for some darned sunshine to drive my car in with my new/old 05 shocks and springs. My car and others that are taken care of will always command a premium. There aren't any cars like mine out there for sale- none! Mine is now in super shape - perfect -well not totally but a lot closer than many. I love this car - have I said that recently - well I do and I'm keeping it cause I just enjoy the hell out of driving it. What great cars they are and really nice when in great shape. Hope your having fun with our Sidwac!!

http://www.arlingtonheightslincolnmercury.com/VehicleDetails/501712053

Here is an 05 that is being driven by the owner of the dealership. He had a small incident. While vehicle was in the possesion of a valet service they managed to back a Hummer receiver hitch into the front end of the NSX. This resulted in a deep crease in the hood which was replaced. I saw the hood that was removed so the story is valid. I would call him up and make an offer all he can do is say no.

I heard from a good source that this car is now headed to a warmer climate.

Congrats to Christine aka ChicNSX

I heard from a good source that this car is now headed to a warmer climate.

Congrats to Christine aka ChicNSX

Well I sure am glad Chic/Christine has found one. We've surely been attentive with advice. I hope that she feel obligated after the tone of this thread to tell us what she had to pay for the car so we'll have that as referrence when handing out more advice. I would bet she didn't pay the asking price!

Well I sure am glad Chic/Christine has found one. We've surely been attentive with advice. I hope that she feel obligated after the tone of this thread to tell us what she had to pay for the car so we'll have that as referrence when handing out more advice. I would bet she didn't pay the asking price!

Was it the black/black? Anyway, congrats!!

And I appreciate all the advice... I was actually waiting to have the car delivered to me before I post anything because I don't have some good pictures yet.

I did not pay the asking price. I got them to go 10k below it. It's a little over my upper limit of 55k but I said what the heck... the vehicle checked out good (did a PPI)... looked over the vehicle myself for more than 30 minutes (in the cold Chicago weather).... got them to give me a police report and the old hood for proof of the damage.... it drove perfectly.... I basically got good with it. Originally, I was looking for a silverstone (even considered black) but I changed my mind after all the good things I heard about LBBP.

So, now I'm just waiting....

And I appreciate all the advice... I was actually waiting to have the car delivered to me before I post anything because I don't have some good pictures yet.

I did not pay the asking price. I got them to go 10k below it. It's a little over my upper limit of 55k but I said what the heck... the vehicle checked out good (did a PPI)... looked over the vehicle myself for more than 30 minutes (in the cold Chicago weather).... got them to give me a police report and the old hood for proof of the damage.... it drove perfectly.... I basically got good with it. Originally, I was looking for a silverstone (even considered black) but I changed my mind after all the good things I heard about LBBP.

Let me get this right... Are you another woman who bought a LBBP in Chicago and is having it shipped home? If so, I too bought my '05 LBBP in Chicago (in March 2009), and had it shipped to southern California. Mine was originally from Florida. :smile:

Christine,

I don't think we're all on the same page here. Which one was it. The ones here on this thread I thought were silver and had a price of 59k and 10k less than that would be 49k. What your talking about is a reduction in a car that must have been for sale for a whole lot more if you paid over 55k after a 10k reduction. Wow! That's interesting; I can't wait to see the pics and here the particulars. Congrats by the way. Interesting the Kyras had a similar experience in Chicago. :smile:

I Unique Bread of buyers? not really we all camp out on craigslist/ebay/autotrader for our cars,, so you ain't special!! LOL

Christine,

I don't think we're all on the same page here. Which one was it. The ones here on this thread I thought were silver and had a price of 59k and 10k less than that would be 49k. What your talking about is a reduction in a car that must have been for sale for a whole lot more if you paid over 55k after a 10k reduction. Wow! That's interesting; I can't wait to see the pics and here the particulars. Congrats by the way. Interesting the Kyras had a similar experience in Chicago. :smile:

It's actually an 05 LBBP (with ~23k miles) that was posted by Phill (Pruhnke) and I quoted it below.... The link does not work anymore though. The owner was originally asking 68k for it but I got him down to 58k.

Sorry for the confusion...

http://www.arlingtonheightslincolnmercury.com/VehicleDetails/501712053

Here is an 05 that is being driven by the owner of the dealership. He had a small incident. While vehicle was in the possesion of a valet service they managed to back a Hummer receiver hitch into the front end of the NSX. This resulted in a deep crease in the hood which was replaced. I saw the hood that was removed so the story is valid. I would call him up and make an offer all he can do is say no.

Let me get this right... Are you another woman who bought a LBBP in Chicago and is having it shipped home? If so, I too bought my '05 LBBP in Chicago (in March 2009), and had it shipped to southern California. Mine was originally from Florida. :smile:

yup.... only mine was originally from NY and a bit more mileage than yours when you got it (from what I gather from the tons of threads I've read on here)...

Congratulations.....with your '05 you now own one of "the last of the best"!

I'll add my congrats ... I hope the good weather in Florida aligns with your delivery date. Please post info about your delivery experience -- that'll help others on this site for sure. Oh-and pictures too! :smile:

So the point of these pricing threads is to talk the value of NSXs down to a point where they will sell for $5,000 for early NA1s and $20,000 for the NA2s. Then all you low ballers will be happy?

"Wait for a lower price"
"Make a lower offer"
"I know a friend who got his for a lot less"

Just remember this, eventually you will have to sell yours or the insurance company didnt pay you for what you thought the car was worth, and you'll complain that the NSXs didnt hold their value. Then ask yourself why.

My 2cents....

Last edited:
Just remember this, eventually you will have to sell yours or the insurance company didnt pay you for what you thought the car was worth, and you'll complain that the NSXs didnt hold their value. Then ask yourself why.

My 2cents....

Excellent point. All of us like to buy it low and hope the car keeps its value. There has been differences in this thread because we have owners, and owners-want-to-be. There are also NA1 owners that holds a different perspective than the NA2 owners about pricing of the different years. But the facts are here in the thread: two 2005 NSXs are sold in the last two weeks. If we count the traveling, inspection cost, and enclosed shipping(cost me $2400), the two of us spent over 60k for our 05s. It is hard proof that people are still paying premium prices for the NSXs.

Back