Zanardi available at local dealer in Chicago

GOOD NEWS, I saw this car on the way to work this morning. It's got 18k miles and looks to be in very good to excellent condition. It wasn't there yesterday so this is a brand new listing. I'd probably buy it myself if I had a place to put it. The BAD NEWS is that I'll have to drive past this damn car every day until it gets sold. :mad: If any out-of-towners are interested, I'd be happy to visit the dealer. BTW this same outfit does my service and transported my NSX up to Chicago from St. Louis.

Here is a link:
<a href="http://www.foxvalleymotorcarsinventory.com/inventory_detailed.php?id=5286A&nhs=0&make=ACURA&model=&ext_color=&stockno=&eyear=2006&syear=1950&eprice=&sprice=&keywords=&location=Fox+Valley+Motorcars&type=&specials=&rtd=&ob=mk&desc=&d_trim=&d_year=1999&d_mak">
FOXVALLEYMOTORCARS</a>

Fox Valley Motorcars, which is located forty miles west of downtown Chicago, is a reputable high-end dealer. I believe they are one of the largest dealers of new Lotus and new Lamborghini cars in the country.

Can anyone tell me what's in the trunk? It looks like a gift box or something.

Otto

When I looked into #13 late last year there were no flags in any reports I got. Nothing caught my attention other than that it was originally a corporate leased vehicle.

If you want a report, I'd just ask the dealer to see if they can provide one.

BTW, they have it listed as JH4NA2112XXT00139 and it should be: JH4NA212XXT000139. :biggrin:

Otto

otto_joe said:

Otto

I got that box when I bought my GSR new in 1995. It has an Acura keychain, flashlight, pen, cassette tape, and a directory of all the Acura dealers in NA.

I am guessing they don't give those out any longer with a new car purchase?

nsx2tall said:
If any out-of-towners are interested, I'd be happy to visit the dealer.

If you don't mind, please stop and give it a detailed look. I have been looking for a clean Zanardi for a while, but there aren't many out there. I called on this car and they said the front bumper was repainted due to rock chips. This sounds a little strange because on my 91 the bumper doesn't chip, although the hood and front fenders can with normal use. Look at the lower right of this photo, it looks like the radiator is not flush with the front support. There may have been more damage. Thanks for the heads up,

Bob

Attachments

• Zanardi bay.jpg
    Zanardi bay.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 270
otto_joe said:

Otto

All Zanardi owners received a box that had a signed, by the father of the NSX, model Zanardi Car in a plastic enclosed box. Also slides & photos with info pointing out the differences between the normal production car and the Z... I think the NSXCA got one of the model Zanardi Cars too and gave it away at NSXPO '99 in Monterey as a prize. Acura had a Zanardi on display at Embassy Suites Hotel...

they state that it's been lowered - if anything it looks like it was raised :eek:

I personally know this car, so PM me if you want more info. I can vouch that it's in excellent shape, and will check out the car again if anyone is interested.

I really wish I could buy it. :frown:

Q said:
I personally know this car, so PM me if you want more info. I can vouch that it's in excellent shape, and will check out the car again if anyone is interested.

I really wish I could buy it. :frown:

Please tell me it isn't Tim's! :frown: It would be sad for him to get rid of his car. It is such a treat to see it every summer. Please tell me it isn't so.

RP-Motorsports said:
Please tell me it isn't Tim's! :frown: It would be sad for him to get rid of his car. It is such a treat to see it every summer. Please tell me it isn't so.
Sorry... :(

But he traded it in on a Stradale, so that will be a treat to see!

nsxtasy said:
Sorry... :(

But he traded it in on a Stradale, so that will be a treat to see!

Nice upgrade...Tim's Zanardi was near perfect, can't wait to see the Challenge... What color Ken?

So is this car even available?:confused:

The Kid said:
So is this car even available?:confused:

I received an email from FoxValleyMotors stating that the vehicle had just been detailed and is ready for closer inspection. I'll take that to mean that it is still for sale.

1BADNSX said:
If you don't mind, please stop and give it a detailed look. I have been looking for a clean Zanardi for a while, but there aren't many out there. I called on this car and they said the front bumper was repainted due to rock chips. This sounds a little strange because on my 91 the bumper doesn't chip, although the hood and front fenders can with normal use. Look at the lower right of this photo, it looks like the radiator is not flush with the front support. There may have been more damage. Thanks for the heads up,

Bob

I noticed that too so I looked at my car and it just appears to be the shape of the core support and the angle of the photo.

Car is on Ebay now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...oryZ5337QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There are 2 photos which seem to confirm that the angle was the problem as I see no issue with the appearance of the radiator here:

XT000139-37sm.jpg

XT000139-38sm.jpg

I got great reviews from the original owner, John Vasos, Randy, and Q, and had a refundable deposit on #13, but then I found #26 just 45 miles from my house. #26 has just 15,000 miles and with the original owner. So we agreed to buy #26 last night. Leigh said happy Valentines Day! :biggrin: I know #13 sold immediately after I released the deposit. Congrats to the new owner.

Thanks again to Ken, Randy, and Q for helping out.

Bob

Last edited:
KGP said:
Thanks, and congrats also.:smile:

Do I take that to mean you are back in the fold? If so, welcome back!

1BADNSX said:
I got great reviews from the original owner, John Vasos, Randy, and Q, and had a refundable deposit on #13, but then I found #26 just 45 miles from my house. #26 has just 15,000 miles and with the original owner. So we agreed to buy #26 last night. Leigh said happy Valentines Day! :biggrin: I know #13 sold immediately after I released the deposit. Congrats to the new owner.

Thanks again to Ken, Randy, and Q for helping out.

Bob
Congrats to you and the owner of #13!!!

I've been looking to buy a Zanardi as a daily driver, to keep my current NSX a garage queen.

But my wife has spoken, and we shall not be getting a Zanardi, in the near term.

*Sob*

White94 said:
Do I take that to mean you are back in the fold?
Yes, pending the car checks out okay, and I can't imagine something being wrong with it. As Bob mentioned, the previous owner, Tim, had great reviews on the car when I spoke to him, as well as everyone else I talked to. Thanks to Prime menbers Ken, Q, Steven and Tom for their feedback.:smile:

Back