• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Z06 finally has a stablemate!

Long story short I have wanted an NSX since high school.(16 years ago) Promised my self I would own one one day. Once I finished school, I got hooked on the horsepower to dollar value of the Corvette. I had never owned an American car before I drove the C6. I was hooked on the torque I ended up with '08 Z06 and eventually CTS-V.

After a while I got the itching for another mid-engined car. I grew up on MR2s. I considered and drove ferrari 360,F430 etc.. But getting one of these would mean giving up the Vette. So it hit me, time to shop for an NSX. I was eying one in TN since November I finally pulled the trigger...

Untitled by mcarman101,

My only regret is that I didn't buy one sooner. It's a '96 with 28,000 miles. The only thing wrong is the A/C only blows on high. Other than that I am amazed at the build quality. I own two GM cars so I have low standards lol.

Untitled by mcarman101, on Flickr

Parked in the garage...

The whole fleet...

I can't see Japan ever making another mid-engined car with three pedals. So I am never getting rid of this one.

MC

very nice, and I agree with you 100% about Japan not making another mid-engine car. ENJOY!:tongue:
Long story short I have wanted an NSX since high school.(16 years ago) Promised my self I would own one one day. Once I finished school, I got hooked on the horsepower to dollar value of the Corvette. I had never owned an American car before I drove the C6. I was hooked on the torque I ended up with '08 Z06 and eventually CTS-V.

After a while I got the itching for another mid-engined car. I grew up on MR2s. I considered and drove ferrari 360,F430 etc.. But getting one of these would mean giving up the Vette. So it hit me, time to shop for an NSX. I was eying one in TN since November I finally pulled the trigger...

Untitled by mcarman101,

My only regret is that I didn't buy one sooner. It's a '96 with 28,000 miles. The only thing wrong is the A/C only blows on high. Other than that I am amazed at the build quality. I own two GM cars so I have low standards lol.

Parked in the garage...

The whole fleet...

I can't see Japan ever making another mid-engined car with three pedals. So I am never getting rid of this one.

MC

Welcome to NSX prime! You have a great stable. I am a big z06 fan. Hard to beat all the tq!

Wow! Beautiful!! Congrats :)

You prolly need a ccu repair for the ac known nsx issue , Brian k can fix that

Congrats

Welcome... nice stable.

What took you so long? :biggrin: Better late, than never.

I think you made a wise decision... keeping the Z06 and picking up an NSX, over going for one F car. The maintenance cost will be cheaper and you have two very fun cars.

Great move and congrats! Beautiful cars -- smart to keep both. Welcome! Jay

Welcome... nice stable.

What took you so long? :biggrin: Better late, than never.

I think you made a wise decision... keeping the Z06 and picking up an NSX, over going for one F car. The maintenance cost will be cheaper and you have two very fun cars.

Thanks guys. Still getting used to the car. Everything about it great from the seating position to the engine note.

Glad I went with the NSX. I like to track my cars (thats what the Z is for). Tracking an Fcar would get $$$$$$$ real quick.

Keeping three black cars clean is going to keep my weekends busy.

MC

Can't believe the attention this car gets. In two days of ownership I've had people taking pics of my car outside of a Subway, two people at the gas station asking about my car, and the maintence guys at work tracking me down inside to ask about the car.

MC

HTML:
Can't believe the attention this car gets. In two days of ownership I've had people taking pics of my car outside of a Subway, two people at the gas station asking about my car, and the maintence guys at work tracking me down inside to ask about the car.

MC

That's because they think it is a Ferrari or some other high end car.

Its funny - took my son to pick up his car at the Honda dealer this morning (annual inspection and oil change) -- saw 6 Honda salesman hanging out in the parking lot killing time - when I came up in the NSX they all had their jaws drop, and gave the admiring stare, and a few "thumbs up" - my son said "wow Dad, look at these guys looking at your car!".

The NSX really does turn heads, especially car peoples heads -- such a great automobile :smile: Will never sell this car. Jay

MC

its a far cry from "just another Corvette"

it was hilarious when i stopped by the Ferrari dealership and drew a crowd. a guy there even said, "screw Ferrari, I'm gettin' an NSX!"

MC

It's pretty cool. Having owned a vette for 4 years nobody ever asked me about it. With the NSX there are lots of questions, people taking pictures, etc.

It's a sweet ride.

Nice stable, I love the cts-v in particular. Is it a 6sp ? welcome to NSX ownership and brian k can fix your CcU unit.

Nice stable, I love the cts-v in particular. Is it a 6sp ? welcome to NSX ownership and brian k can fix your CcU unit.

Yeah it's a 6 speed. Hard to believe Cadillac makes a manual transmission car and ferrari doesn't. Valet guys get confused when they see a clutch in a Caddy.

Going to pull my CCU this weekend and send it to Brian.

And pop up headlights still rock:biggrin:

Not gonna lie....the Z06 and the CTS-V are on VERY short list of cars I want in the future. Very jealous of your collection.

Your stable is my favorite. I have always had black cars, so I can totally understand your choices :cool: Also, congratulations on your purchase!

Back