You're not gonna' believe this

Maybe it's just me, but what do you think about reporting this to the authorities?

Sure they may just shrug it off, but you never know. There could be some kids playing dangerous games with BB or pellet guns. Perhaps there have been other incidents also reported.

That impact site is scary close to your head, my friend. :eek:

MiamiMermaid said:
Wow, that is extremely scary. It does appear like a bullet mark! Where were you driving (area, type of road?) Thank God you are okay!!!!

Now, if there is one thing any Miami resident would know, it's what a bullet mark looks like! :biggrin: :wink:

You could have gone with the Zanardi glass, but the slight weight savings might not have been worth the additional engine noise. That is the purpose of the double-pane glass (besides anti-fogging and cooler interior temps).

The pane of glass broke from a rock.

Trust me, I highly doubt you were shot at, especially if you weren't in a bad area. I have been hit in the head twice already from pebbles somehow flying into the car from the targa opening. Once right in my sunglasses, which were destroyed. Now, whenever I drive with the top off I make sure my glasses are on. Another time I heard a loud bang and a rock hit my partition glass like yours, fortunately it didn't break. I even got smashed in the face by a bug at WGI!! I was on the front straight with Peter Mills as my instructor and a bug flew into the car and went into my visor!! I had it removed and it hit me right next to my left eye, it was very distracting to say the least.

All together I probably had about 5 flying objects come into the car from the targa, I can't believe nobody else has had this happen to them.

EDIT: I just read the link two posts up....I guess it has happened to others

jadkar said:
The pane of glass broke from a rock.

Trust me, I highly doubt you were shot at, especially if you weren't in a bad area. I have been hit in the head twice already from pebbles somehow flying into the car from the targa opening. Once right in my sunglasses, which were destroyed. Now, whenever I drive with the top off I make sure my glasses are on. Another time I heard a loud bang and a rock hit my partition glass like yours, fortunately it didn't break. I even got smashed in the face by a bug at WGI!! I was on the front straight with Peter Mills as my instructor and a bug flew into the car and went into my visor!! I had it removed and it hit me right next to my left eye, it was very distracting to say the least.

All together I probably had about 5 flying objects come into the car from the targa, I can't believe nobody else has had this happen to them.

EDIT: I just read the link two posts up....I guess it has happened to others

Wow man, I am glad you still have your eye sight. Now that would be scary, and I doubt I got shot at either. Just one of those reality is stranger than fiction things I think. I have had a convertible for over three years now and I have never had flying object problems before, and I hope this one is the last. It is a little amazing to me to see that this thing has happened to someone else. Imagine of all those who do not post on Prime that it could have happened to.

Back