Your opinion on this...

I'm finally getting my bodykit pieces and rear diffuser installed at Downforce. I'm going with their new diffuser. Now, I'm thinking of having the lower rear lip painted matte black to match the rest of the lower rear section. I think it will look more aggressive with the new diffuser. Your opinions?

before:

Untitled-1.jpg

after:

Diffuser.jpg

823004.jpg

823020.jpg

Bat™

If he had a silverstone he wouldn't be asking dumb questions like this one. :biggrin:

it looks decent but it breaks up the lines from the little winglets on either side...

I'd say to paint the whole car Silverstone and call it a day. You will love it!

I'd say to paint the whole car Silverstone and call it a day. You will love it!

LOL.... now that was funny. :biggrin:

Bat in all seriousness I just don't think it looks as good black. I don't think it matters whether there is a diffusor under it or not.

I think the all black portion would look good. From the pictures of the diffuser it looks to cover a good part of the body color area anyway and one color would definitely make the two parts look more integrated as one.

I think the all black portion would look good. From the pictures of the diffuser it looks to cover a good part of the body color area anyway and one color would definitely make the two parts look more integrated as one.

thats what I wanted to hear :D.

Bat™

+1 i think it'll look good once diffuser is on with the black. but right now when u painted it just blacked , it looks eh

Don't do it.

One of the things I don't like about my car is the rear...being a '91, the whole middle section is black. My next goal is to update it to a 2002+ rear and get that nice piece of painted plastic in there.

Otherwise everything just gets lost in the shadows and you just made your car look like an older one.

Don't do it.

One of the things I don't like about my car is the rear...being a '91, the whole middle section is black. My next goal is to update it to a 2002+ rear and get that nice piece of painted plastic in there.

Otherwise everything just gets lost in the shadows and you just made your car look like an older one.

thats what i was gonna say, you'd just be reverting it back to 91 style cause the diffuser is black on 91's but ours is painted to match, and it does update the look of the car

untitled1is4.jpg

Well I guess I am in the minority but I really think that Bat's paint scheme would look good.
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]
Now if he were talking about the NSX-R or Mode4 diffusers I would say leave it but in the case of the larger diffuser one color looks better to me.

Why don't you get it, see how it looks with the blue first, then decide. No need to go painting already. You will have an idea of what it actually looks like once you see the diffusor mounted.

Back