Young honda lover needs an old NSX

Hey all,

Name is matt. I drive a honda accord right now and I WON"T drive anything but a honda. I am serious, I love my car and I love working on cars. I work as a car detailer at a local car dealership in Auburn Mass. I know a lot of people don't own them up here, but I am looking for a cheaper car, that needs some work, that I can put some time and effort into. I don't care what year or color I just want an NSX, or any other cars that some of you dudes may have and be trying to get ride of, like preludes, rsx's, or integras. i am looking for a sportier honda.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! I REALLY WANT SOMETHING

[email protected]
aol sn: kb1ioq

Matt

JH4NA1154NT000381-d.jpg

She just needs a little TLC and she should look just fine. :biggrin:

All kidding aside Matt, but you would probably be better off finding a much cheaper car to begin with. One of your other choices would be a very good start. There's nothng preventing you from owning the right NSX when you can afford it. My first Honda was a 1984 Prelude Si so I understand where you are coming from.

Good luck.

DocL said:
JH4NA1154NT000381-d.jpg

She just needs a little TLC and she should look just fine. :biggrin:

All kidding aside Matt, but you would probably be better off finding a much cheaper car to begin with. One of your other choices would be a very good start. There's nothng preventing you from owning the right NSX when you can afford it. My first Honda was a 1984 Prelude Si so I understand where you are coming from.

Good luck.

How much is that one??? I could always add another car. :D

honda97967 said:
...I am looking for a cheaper car, that needs some work, that I can put some time and effort into. I don't care what year or color I just want an NSX, or any other cars that some of you dudes may have and be trying to get ride of, like preludes, rsx's, or integras.
FWIW, I doubt you'll be able to get a decent (i.e. non-salvage) NSX + parts to bring it back to good shape for much under $25k unless you find an extremely high milage one. If you can budget that, plus insurance and upkeep then have at it! If not, my personal choice would be a turbo'ed Integra.

Here are a few I have wanted one of these since I was 17 years old 10 years later I got one. It is probably the cheapest clean title NSX ever sold. At least I think so. Below 10k NO JOKE. Salvage/water/theft is not a bad thing providing that your state and your insurance company will allow them. Just buy it for your self and your enjoyment you’ll be fine just don’t think you will make a profit. Good luck let me know how you make out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4520990200&category=5337

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4520272214&category=5337

honda, you and I are so very alike.

I too am looking for the NSX, perferably, a black on black one. I have seen ones for under $30K in good condition. However, none seem to be near my area.

One deal I saw for $24K that needed a little engine work and had high miles looked good. Black on Black, '93. But all the way in New York.

domino4now said:
Here are a few I have wanted one of these since I was 17 years old 10 years later I got one. It is probably the cheapest clean title NSX ever sold. At least I think so. Below 10k NO JOKE. Salvage/water/theft is not a bad thing providing that your state and your insurance company will allow them. Just buy it for your self and your enjoyment you’ll be fine just don’t think you will make a profit. Good luck let me know how you make out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4520990200&category=5337

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4520272214&category=5337

Both of those are low prices, but the reserve hasn't been met, so you don't know what they really will sell for. Why post :confused:

How many offers have you had on it?
It looks extremely nice. Hopefully next weekend, I can try and get a chance and maybe see it.

A 104,000 miles is alot, but for the price I am willing to pay, it seems fair.

Now comes the choice of choosing yours and an older 740iL BMW. The 740iL is at $17,000, but with 206,000 miles. My only problem is that the BMW won't be there forever.

But before I do anything...I need to look to at what the insurance price might be. A soon to be 18 year old in NSX won't be cheap, but a 740 probably isn't either.

NSX Dreamer said:
How many offers have you had on it?
It looks extremely nice. Hopefully next weekend, I can try and get a chance and maybe see it.

A 104,000 miles is alot, but for the price I am willing to pay, it seems fair.

Now comes the choice of choosing yours and an older 740iL BMW. The 740iL is at $17,000, but with 206,000 miles. My only problem is that the BMW won't be there forever.

But before I do anything...I need to look to at what the insurance price might be. A soon to be 18 year old in NSX won't be cheap, but a 740 probably isn't either.

With all due respect, if it concerns you to be looking at a Honda/Acura product with 104,000 miles...why the heck are you even considering a BMW with 206,000 miles?? As the owner of several Honda products, and having owned BMW's, I can tell you that it is a no-brainer to go with the 104,000 mile NSX. The NSX will be much more reliable for you as it has about 102,000 miles LESS than the BMW. Any car over 200,000 miles is bound to have some things that need done, and I sure as heck would not want to tackle that on a BMW 740 without a DEEP pocket. With cost being an obsvious issue, I respectfully suggest that you consider the NSX out of the two.

I had someone offer me $28,500 for my 1991 with 67,000 miles around Christmas time. I turned him down. I look at it like this, if I sell the car, what could I get that would turn heads as much as my nsx...Nothing...Exotic body with Japenese engineering, a combination that can't be beat especially at that price.

NSX Dreamer said:

Uh, shouldn't you have already checked on insurance before you even start going to look at cars and possbily test driving them?

92NSX said:
Uh, shouldn't you have already checked on insurance before you even start going to look at cars and possbily test driving them?

Good point. I found that my NSX insurance is oddly less than my S2000, and I think even less than my Integra GSR. Oh well. :)

nsxtra said:
I had someone offer me $28,500 for my 1991 with 67,000 miles around Christmas time. I turned him down. I look at it like this, if I sell the car, what could I get that would turn heads as much as my nsx...Nothing...Exotic body with Japenese engineering, a combination that can't be beat especially at that price.

When/if I choose to sell ours, 92 w/60k I would take 28k or so in a heartbeat.

92NSX said:
When/if I choose to sell ours, 92 w/60k I would take 28k or so in a heartbeat.

What would you get to replace your nsx? There aren't many things out there for 28k that would turn heads as much as your nsx would. Let alone be as exclusive as your nsx.

nsxtra said:
What would you get to replace your nsx? There aren't many things out there for 28k that would turn heads as much as your nsx would. Let alone be as exclusive as your nsx.

I wouldn't replace it with anything. I am out of the stage where I want to turn heads and all with my car. I enjoy driving my TL more than NSX.

92NSX said:
I enjoy driving my TL more than NSX.

:confused:

Seriously, the TL is a great daily driver, and borders on orgasmic in the snow with a set of Blizzaks, but I still come home early on nice days just to take the NSX out. (Drove it 1/13, but now the snow is here to stay for a while)

In terms of pure driving enjoyment, the TL falls far short of the NSX. Perhaps you mean more than just driving, and speak more of comfort and features (Navi, XM, HFL, etc). The TL does have a lot of nice features.

I have plans to replace my TL in a year or two, but no plans to get rid of the NSX.

I don't mean any disrepect, but if you are such a huge Honda fan, why would 104k miles be a turn off? It's just getting broken in! :smile:

Also, someone should sell the car in the picture above to the guy that posted last week wanting to put a Corvette engine in an NSX. :tongue: Looks like the perfect project car to me!

brahtw8 said:
:confused:
In terms of pure driving enjoyment, the TL falls far short of the NSX. Perhaps you mean more than just driving, and speak more of comfort and features (Navi, XM, HFL, etc). The TL does have a lot of nice features.

I have plans to replace my TL in a year or two, but no plans to get rid of the NSX.

It depends on your definition of driving enjoyment too. :wink:
I would sell the NSX over the TL any day of the week. Guess I just don't have the passion for it anymore.

You all are completely mis-representing my car. It does not have 104k miles! It has 106,000!:)
Actually just turned 106k yesterday. Guess I will need to change my post and list more miles now.

Doug said:
You all are completely mis-representing my car. It does not have 104k miles! It has 106,000!:)
Actually just turned 106k yesterday. Guess I will need to change my post and list more miles now.

That's a fanatic! It's nice to see people who actually drive their car! :biggrin:

Back