Yorkie, Maltese or Shih-Tzu

I broke the first rule about getting a puppy and got my Maltese as an impluse buy at the local mall. I paid $800 for her and have never regretted it for a minute. Most local breeders of Maltese are asking a minimum of $1500 for one.

4824445-L.jpg

4824442-L.jpg

4824443-L.jpg

She is 17 inches long and 10 inches tall. The standard for the breed is smaller than that but you would need to go to a breeder to ensure a smaller size. Some breeders offer "teacup" Maltese which are "unusually small" dogs as little as 3 or 4 pounds fully grown but there is debate as to whether that is actually good for the dogs.

RSO 34 said:
She is 17 inches long and 10 inches tall. The standard for the breed is smaller than that but you would need to go to a breeder to ensure a smaller size. Some breeders offer "teacup" Maltese which are "unusually small" dogs as little as 3 or 4 pounds fully grown but there is debate as to whether that is actually good for the dogs.

Yeah, I found some teacup varieties on the internet. Some of them were going for 4grand!! :eek: There was a picture of one next a Diet Coke can to show how small it was. I'd be afraid of stepping on it! I can just imagine one of my friends saying, "Oops...I stepped on your dog................" :o :p

RSO 34 said:
I broke the first rule about getting a puppy ...
4824445-L.jpg

I had a Maltese while i lived in the countryside near Fresno when i was younger. He was a fairly intelligent dog so we would let him roam around without fear of losing him or him getting hit by cars. One day, he brought home a cuuuuuute lil female puppy friend!! My doggie found himself a girlfriend! It was just the cutest and funniest thing ever because we had no idea where this dog came from since all the houses were spread apart and most people had big guard dogs. From my experiences I can definately say that Maltese pups are pretty smart, lovable, cute, and loyal.

I'm looking into getting myself a cute lil beagle sometime soon. =)

MsKadyB said:
How much did you guys pay for your dogs? Purebreds particularly and Maltese or Yorkie if any of you have one.
$1,200 for a high powered Vizsla.

I say go for a Maltese... But do choose carefully... I recommend the smaller breeds cuz they are absolutely adorable, very smart and playful... Will definitely make u happy... =)

Here's mine... Her name is Tiffy... she just turned 1 yrs old, ain't she cute?

021604-01.jpg

One con I have for these kind of dogs is that it requires constant grooming and brushing. Heck, my pekingese cost more to get his hair trim than I do.

G8 nsX said:
I say go for a Maltese... But do choose carefully... I recommend the smaller breeds cuz they are absolutely adorable, very smart and playful... Will definitely make u happy... =)

Here's mine... Her name is Tiffy... she just turned 1 yrs old, ain't she cute?

021604-01.jpg

damn it!! why did you start this thread??

i wanna get a dog sooooo bad now!! these dogs are so damn cute..ive like the shih-tsu and i know some people with them..very good dogs..but i like the maltese..

what can i expect to pay for a maltese??
regardless im getting one!!

:)

blknsxnoc said:
Akitas are great.... ok fine, they weren't mentioned and they're huge.. but they're great dogs..

Playful, loyal, protective, hardly ever barks, easy to housebreak. ;)

I totally agree. I have an Akita and she is the perfect dog. She is a red and she is so affectionate and loyal. Really a great dog. Her name is Baby!!!

proud new owner!!

well, today i became a poppa to a baby maltese/ shihtsu mix. he's so cute. i named him Joe Montana..but he'll prolly go by JoJo... payed 5 bills for him..his moms and pops are pure and they were good looking dogs..

jojo will be a 6 lb KILLER!! hehe...

my brothers had a pit bull and german shepard so its funny for me, a wannabe tough guy, to have such a damn cute dog...

Back