Yay!!! I got an NSX

Well I actually have had it for about 3 weeks. First I was a little dissapointed; didn't have the kick that my Saleen S281 SC had...but I've understood its just a completely different creature. I love it...the vtec roar, handling, (pulling in and out of parking spots isn't so easy without power steering). I was waiting for my multimedia install to post pictures, but seems like I have to wait until mid april for some wireharness; job is 80% complete.

12" jl w3 in footrest, alpine 1003 monitor, alpine 5575 sound processor, canton 6 1/2" components, ppi 4125 amp, and some cheapie dvd player.

It has a salvage title, but I got a great deal. Car checked out fine and has a new clutch.

Attachments

• nsx1.jpg
    nsx1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 841
Here is another pic...

I REALLY REALLY want to go for the 02 conversion. An NSXer from Florida has the marga hills/vinny sides with marga front, rm racing hood, and the 02 lights.... That is exactly what I want my car to look like...props to him..

I am not really familiar with the market value of nsx parts..about how much should I ask for...
(all in great condition; 91 red)
hood
full bumper
headlamps

Attachments

• nsx.jpg
    nsx.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 832
Looks very clean and I like your Rims....Congrats

How much did you buy it for???

Is that the original paint job, it looks different -- maybe it's the angle you took the pictures.

yeah! really curious how much was it, and how many miles?

did you make sure that it wasn't one of the NSX's made in 91 and 92 that had transmission failure. If interested someone here can give you the link so you can see if your transmission number corresponds to the defect tranny's

lol! looking at the pictures again.

of course it's not the original paint job, didn't see that it was a 91 -- unless it was parked in the garage for 13 years.

KennyNsx said:
lol! looking at the pictures again.

of course it's not the original paint job, didn't see that it was a 91 -- unless it was parked in the garage for 13 years.

Even if its a '91, if the car has been taken care of it would look great.

The biggest tell tale sign in the pic is the red color roof that was not available in '91. Also, I'm assuming there was major paint work done because of the salvage title.

The car had a paint job most likely for two reasons

1. Accident

2. Flooded -- causes it to rust? I think not sure.

If the miles is under 85k , I think the car
is worth from 15-20k. being salvaged
it's worth $15k max.

Yeah from looking at the picture the car has a weird glossy type of paint job. Doesn't look like a quality paint job based on the picture. Although it looks shiny, just different -- can't explain it.

maybe some can help me out.:D

The car was listed for 22k for about a month; it did not sell obviously. I haggled my way with the seller and purchased it for 18.5k, clutch was done in november, and tranny was replaced @ 70k miles (was in snap ring range). Car was hit in the quarter panel and I saw pictures of the damage.

As far as getting a respectable salvage NSX with documentation of maintenance & 19" wheels for 15K!?!?!?

you find one and I will give you 1k just for finding it. Wrecked junkers are going for 9k plus.....

I can give you many examples of someone buying a salvaged NSX for 15k.

Obviously it is hard to even find a wrecked , salvaged NSX.

One Example -- is a distant friend of mine who bought a wrecked 93 NSX with 56k for 8,000 and spent 3,500 to repair it. Once it was repaired, you couldn't even tell that it was ever in an accident. There's one example $11,500---spent another $500 on seat covers , floor mats etc. Total cost $12,000

Even though it had stock rims ,,, but the price speaks for itself and it was a 1993.

I know another car that was litsted on Ebay. I e-mailed him about the car. It was a salvaged 92 NSX with 78k miles and he was selling it on ebay with a 20K reserve.

After he got to know me,, I told him that I was not interested in purchasing the car, but just wanted to know how it became salvaged -- wrecked from which side? was it flooded?

He told he purchased it for 7,500 and was hit from the side and spent 3,000 to fix it, and was selling it on Ebay for 20k reserve. There's the other example : 11,500.

Although there are not many cases of this-- but I just wanted to prove to you that this statement does hold true.

Salvaged NSX can be purchased for a great deal, but the downside is that it's salvaged. If owned a salvaged NSX the word "salvaged" would flood my brain everytime I drive it, and feel cheap that I truly don't own an NSX but a reject from the insurance company.

Don't take this the wrong way this is just my 2cents:D

speedyizzy said:
The car was listed for 22k for about a month; it did not sell obviously. I haggled my way with the seller and purchased it for 18.5k, clutch was done in november, and tranny was replaced @ 70k miles (was in snap ring range). Car was hit in the quarter panel and I saw pictures of the damage.

At least you get to know why it has a salvage title :)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27589

Check out that link...I was looking to purchase a salvaged NSX and repair it myself. Check out the pics on that NSX...Car ended up going for $9,800 on ebay...needed rear clip (rear quarters, decklid, lights, bumper, fender & bumper rails), suspension was damaged, front-end was damaged aswell.

I was still interested in the car, but winning bidder came through....

As I said, find me a respectable salvaged NSX, with documentation of maintenance, (the 19" wheels would be nice too)...for "15k or under"...

Yeah, I would of rather bought a clean title nsx, but being a full-time college student limits my financial resources. As soon as your check clears for 10k, I'll sell it for the 15k. you say its worth and buy a clean title one for 25k..how bout that..

Its just rude to tell someone; "I wouldn't of spent more than 15k on that car"...I wouldn't of spent 10k on a chameleon paint job that is so..1999ish...but to each's own my friend....

Speedy.... have you had any problems getting a "salvage" vehicle registered in Calif or getting the car insured? Let me know.

The car was salvaged a year ago, previous owner already took care of registering the car.

When I was 16 I totalled my 96 integra gsr, insurance paid off the ACV of the car and gave me the opportunity to buy it back for 3k. After I repaired it; I need to get a Brakes & Lamp Certification (I paid like $150 for those certificates), then you need to get a smog test. You then submit all 3 certificates with the title to register it as a salvage.

I am insured through Mercury, I'm 22 with 3 tickets so insurance in an arm and a leg.

There is only handful of companies that do insure salvaged NSXs.

KennyNsx said:

If owned a salvaged NSX the word "salvaged" would flood my brain everytime I drive it, and feel cheap that I truly don't own an NSX but a reject from the insurance company.

Don't take this the wrong way this is just my 2cents:D

WOW that has to be the most ignorant and most rude comment I have ever read on NSXPRIME.com

I jsut got done starting a thread about how mature and well mannered the members of this forum are.

what you said would be like me saying if i bought a NSX like yours the thought that it was not MY NSX would always flood my mind since you didn't modify it. Or saying your NSX isn't as good as my NSX because yours is old or used.

People in glass houses should not throw stones. Please do not tempt me in explaining why you live in a glass house.

and Speedizzy that is a VERY nice NSX from what I can tell and for 18.5K thats a great deal. If only I was so lucky. :D

Back