wtf tires? Why u no last?

when I first got my NSX 3 years ago I was going thru tires every 3 months

so I changed to BF Goodrich FireTread I still drive the same as before but I have had the tires like 8 months now still perfect tread.

tried Nitto NT555 nope they suck

tried them all

but by far the longest lasting tire I have had is my BF goodrich Firetread

and I redline from stop sign to stopsign and take corners at break neck speeds like Im tring to prove something to the world.

try them out you will like.

you may not like the price though LOL
Not scared of price. Got starspecs and now and im expecting to pay 600 just for rears. Robert, have you check inner tire wear?

but by far the longest lasting tire I have had is my BF goodrich Firetread

Are you sure you don't mean the BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2?
bfg_gforceta_kdw2_ci2_l.jpg

As far as I can tell, there's no such tire as the BF Goodrich "Firetread". The T/A KDW 2 is an Ultra High Performance Summer tire with a high treadwear rating, but got a 4th place ranking in a 4 tire test at Tirerack.com.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=104

I have the Kumho SPT on my 18/19 set. They have good treadwear, good price and good overall performance. If performance is key, go with the Dunlop Starspec which is what I have on my 17/18 track/aggressive street set.

Happa88 yes your right those are the tires i have

ranked 4th huh yikes.

I was thinking the tread was fire for some reason.

Last edited:
Are you sure you don't mean the BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2?
bfg_gforceta_kdw2_ci2_l.jpg

As far as I can tell, there's no such tire as the BF Goodrich "Firetread". The T/A KDW 2 is an Ultra High Performance Summer tire with a high treadwear rating, but got a 4th place ranking in a 4 tire test at Tirerack.com.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=104

I have the Kumho SPT on my 18/19 set. They have good treadwear, good price and good overall performance. If performance is key, go with the Dunlop Starspec which is what I have on my 17/18 track/aggressive street set.

What We'd Improve: A significant reduction in tread noise

LOL tread noise :rolleyes: boohoo, we drive nsx.. Exhaust sound> tread noise

how much did you pay for all 4 shipped?
You can look up prices and shipping charges yourself on the Tire Rack website.

How much more to get them mounted/balanced?
Most shops charge $15-30 per tire for mounting and balancing. Shops that participate in the Tire Rack's program of recommended installers have their mounting/balancing rates posted on the Tire Rack website (click here).

Thanks man. I went to tire central (same place I bought my kw v3) and got micheling super sport for my rears sincd grip level is same or better than the starspecs I have up front. Will be picking up my newly mounted tires in couple hours.

Next is checking on that rear toe and repacing tires on my TE37s so I cab have my backup rims.

Thanks man. I went to tire central (same place I bought my kw v3) and got micheling super sport for my rears sincd grip level is same or better than the starspecs I have up front. Will be picking up my newly mounted tires in couple hours.

Michelin Pilot Super Sport is a Max Performance Tire (or Ultra-High Performance depending on where you look), vs the Dunlop StarSpecs Extreme Performance Tire.

So theoretically this means that the rears will actually have LESS grip than the fronts leading to a tendency to oversteer. :eek:

Last edited:
Donald told me that yhe porsche guys use these on the track and have been know to provide grip as good or better than starspecs. Also, front are 50% worn so theyre not as grippy as they should. I felt the rubber on the micheling and they feel softef than starspecs. We will see lol.

Back