WOW Interview with the three designers

Re: NY Times

"Introduced on Sunday: Acura Advanced Sports Car design study

Is it real? The mechanical bits are all present, and the body is metal, not Styrofoam. But Acura’s Advanced Sports Car Concept is strictly a nonrunning prototype, with its doors and hood sealed for the run of the auto show.

What’s the point? The NSX was Acura’s two-seat halo car, an Asian Ferrari that served as a showcase of technology and innovation. Since its demise, Acura’s parent, Honda, has been hard at work on a replacement to keep the performance fires burning.

What they said: “I must tell you that my own passion is performance,” Takeo Fukui, president and chief executive of Honda Motor Company, said.

What they didn’t say: That this is the next NSX, or that Acura is overdue for something more potent than the brand’s current crop of V-6 engines. The next episode in the hunt for NSX V2.0 occurs at the Tokyo auto show, in October 2007.

What makes it tick? The A.S.C.C. has a front-mounted V-10 coupled to sport-tuned version of Acura’s all-wheel drive hardware.

How much, how soon? No one would let us peek under the hood, much less mention anything as vulgar as a price or when to expect this car to be production ready.

How’s it look? The Advanced Sports Car Concept looks familiar — we see a lot of Audi R8, minus the gaping grill, and the Lexus LF-A concept of 2005, in this Acura’s front end. It could probably do with an extra dose of edginess when the second iteration appears in Tokyo."

source:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/07/a...tml?ex=1169010000&en=f5389369d3508d2b&ei=5070

Nice post thanks!

You noticed people here are getting bent out of shape as well huh:biggrin:
I can't believe everybody is acting so shocked I mean how many times did we hear that Honda's next performance car would be front engined with the SH-AWD and a V10:rolleyes:

Even if it had been MR configuration the majority would be like "can't wait to get one used" which doesn't help Honda so why all the fuss. Whatever configuration Honda uses it will still be the most reliable V10 engine car that you can take to the track and have a good time with w/o engine lights coming on or a bunch of high priced maintenance! Doing your thing Honda you got my business!

I don't think most people would be of the "can't wait to get one used" at all. With this design, I think most people would be of the "can't wait to get the Lexus LF-A, R8....". I also never heard any official news of front engine until Detroit. We had all heard V-10 directly from Honda prez. I know a lot of people on here who speculated front engine, but there was no official word from Honda that I'd heard until Detroit. There are great performers that are front engined. The Z06 and Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano come immediately to mind. If this car had the same performance as the 599, that would be great, but the styling is hideous.The HSC was beautiful, it's just that Honda said the "around 300 HP" quote that got people worked up more than anything on that concept. No one will be able to get one used because they won't sell any new.

I don't think most people would be of the "can't wait to get one used" at all. With this design, I think most people would be of the "can't wait to get the Lexus LF-A, R8....". I also never heard any official news of front engine until Detroit. We had all heard V-10 directly from Honda prez. I know a lot of people on here who speculated front engine, but there was no official word from Honda that I'd heard until Detroit. There are great performers that are front engined. The Z06 and Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano come immediately to mind. If this car had the same performance as the 599, that would be great, but the styling is hideous.The HSC was beautiful, it's just that Honda said the "around 300 HP" quote that got people worked up more than anything on that concept. No one will be able to get one used because they won't sell any new.

Wow can't believe how many people like the R8. It looks like the TT to me with a squashed rear end. The Lexus is just further along than the ASC at this point. When it's concept first came out most people thought it to be boring ,but Toyota kept tweaking and now it looks better. I'm Honda fan so I'm willing to give them the same oppurtunity, plus I like to track my cars so the R8 is out ( I've had Audi's in the past and even the cheaper Audi's parts cost up the wazoo ) Lexus is out as their trend in computer nanny's that you can't always completely turn off and at 500hp I think we can be confident it will definitely have safety systems that won't turn off.

Back