Would a 1999 white NSX w/ 55k miles be a good deal?

Ok looks like I'm ready to get the car inspected....hehehe

I need someone to recommend a good place in the norcal / Fremont area that can do a PPI for the car. Is there a dealer or shop best suited to this job?

thanks
rick

Foreign Affair in Santa Clara is a reputable shop. Many Prime members have their NSX service there.

Something else to also consider. For a 1999 NSX with 55k miles, you need to factor in the upcoming 60k service, water pump/timing chain, a new clutch, rear tires, and a few items. I believe the clutch itself is $2500+. The car also has paint and body work done on the front end. Both the front fenders' paint are cracked with underlying bondo. For reference, I sold my white 1997 in mint condition with 30k miles for $47k in 2003. It had new tires at all corners, a fresh 60k tune up and new bilsteins. $45k is top dollar for 1999 NSX with 55k miles and it should need absolutely nothing. If you pay $50k, you will start getting into the 2002+ category.
Steve

Last edited:
The car in Sacramento car had already completed the 7/yr 60K mile servicing at my request.

The car in Sacramento car had already completed the 7/yr 60K mile servicing at my request.

Thanks Steve, I noticed that as well :) Also has the upgrade Comptech clutch and flywheel combo. I think I need to make a trip over to Sac before I make my decision.

rick

My brother-in-law looked at and drove the car on myh behalf. If you are interested I still have some notes - just PM me. Also, at my request Colby took some specific pictures of the car e.g. bolster wear. If you get serious, before I would make the effort to drive there, look thru all the documentation, pictures and do a PPI. Then after reviewing all the above see if a trip is worth the effort.

Just my .03 (adjusted for inflation).

Rick,

Good luck with the NSX. BTW The 997 GT3 is one of the best cars I've ever driven at any price.

In my opionion it's tied with the Ferrari F430. I drove them back to back and it's a toss up between the cars.

If the car is above avg condition, I think it's a fair buy. Nothing to sweat over. Certain things give extra value to the Nsx, if you may not have know, such as what Vance said about it being white. Km's make a huge difference in any exotics, so that can play a huge factor if it's low k. I haven't driven those "dream-only" cars like F430 etc...but after owning a '91 Nsx a few yrs back, I had no doubt I will be buying a newer one (current '98). Think I hit my niche on this one, so keepin' it and modifications are underway! wOoT!
Had the same thot of the olders models. Maybe it's the pop-up lights I can't let go of? GET AN NSX!...instead of being on the sidelines as you said for years, you can be in the field with us!

Back