Wondering about Zanardi #42

Are the non-stock wheels and radio the main reason why Zinardi #42 being sold in Washington state hasn't found a new home yet? Are the rumors about its supposed "rough" appearance and history founded, or simply that -- rumors? I thought the Z car was one of the most desirable NSXs out there? What gives?:confused:

Re: Wondering about Zinardi #42

whats the link to the 4 sale ad so we can check it out

there's a long thread about Z #42.

you do have to read it with a watchful eye b/c a few other #'s jump in there too and state their bad condition (a la #49).

i believe #42 is is ok condition, no major accidents, but is rather rough compared to the strictest of eyes.

*edit*!!

the thread was about #44, not #42, but #42 was addressed on pg. 5. here is the link.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104443&highlight=zinardi&page=5

but with no proof, and i can't find anything about #42. if you pm 'the kid', he may have more information for you as he was, at least prevously, compiling a detailed status list of all Zinardi's since he has one himself.

Last edited:

#42 has been for sale forever. I've never bothered to go check it out because honestly I'm not in the market for it... however it has caught my eye. It's been for sale on Seattle CraigsList for as long as I can remember... and the price has never changed.

The most current ad can be found @ Cars.com under 1999 Acura NSX. Dealership is 405 Motors. The manager is a bona fide NSX enthusiast who has owned several in the past. According to him, he has not been so motivated to have this one go. The rare car is stored in a separate facility. He even spoke with me for 1.5 hours ... at the end of a long business day! Thought it might be a nice example to have available for NSXPO but unsure about the history of the car and as my local buds know, I don't need another garage queen:smile:

Zanardi!!!!! :confused:

I have the Zanardi database at home and we have a foot of snow here. I can probably do some updates if anyone has some info, feel free to PM ME or email me. I do have some info on #42 if I remember.

My first post outside our local forum and I mess up Mr. Alex's surname... thanks for the head's up! :redface:

My first post outside our local forum and I mess up Mr. Alex's surname... thanks for the head's up! :redface:

I'm sure you were typing with a bottle of "zin" next to you:wink:

So funny!!! That's what I was gonna say... Like-car owners think alike...:biggrin:

Back