Wiper arms.

I was wondering of anyone else experienced the fading of the black paint on the wiper arms. On my 95, the black paint is coming off the driver's and passenger's wiper arm as well as the wiper blades themselves. I know replacing the wiper arms would solve this, and is an easy fix. Is it even worth it to look into respraying the arms? How much is a full set of wiper arms/blades? And are any of you "wiperless" guys selling your unused wipers?

Originally posted by project13nsx:
Don't even bother buying another set. Just take them off and by a can of Black Primer and spray it. My looks like new again.

Did you disassemble the arm assembly at all after you removed it from the car besides taking the wiper blades off? If so, what pieces did you disassemble and spray seperately?

Personally, I would recommend getting them powder coated. I got mine coated satin black (not a high gloss color), cost me around $40 including the sand blasting; they came back looking great, very consistent surface top and bottom, and should be good for another 10-12 years.

I have this same problem.

Took off the entire wiper arms (by removing the bolts that hold them). Remove the wiper blades. Buy a can of black spray paint and a can of lacquer. Spray away. Mine looks like it's new again.

These are quite expensive to replace. Anyone else paint them?

Of course! Just re painted them after about 10 years this week. So easy to do. I actually should have followed the above suggestion & had them powder coated.

Very easy to paint. Pull them off, go over them with a Scotchbrite pad, clean with a solvent (lacquer thinner, alcohol, etc), spray a coat of primer (I use Rustoleum's Self-Etching gray-green primer on almost everything, awesome stuff), then a couple of coats of satin black (I use Krylon, again awesome stuff). I actually painted mine with a catalyzed acrylic polyurethane we use in my shop, but you wouldn't have access to that and it requires a spray gun.

All that said, powdercoating makes great sense for you. Just drop them off and pick them up.

Back