Winter storage

Can I store the NSX on jack stands with the wheels off? It will be stored inside my garage. Thank you

Last edited:
Leave it on the ground, put 45psi in the tires, put some trays of mothballs under it if rodents might be nearby, put some gasoline stabilizer in the tank (fill tank), put a float (not "trickle") charger on it -- like one of these (http://www.odysseybatteries.com/accessories/aci.htm) -- cover it.

Look in on it once in a while (rodents), fill tires if needed, some will roll car a couple inches (might prevent tire flat spots) every month or so.

Last edited:
Yes, put in about 40+psi in the tires, put a battery tender (or disconnect the negative and charge 3 months later), put stabil in a full tank and you're good to go. Cover it if you'd like to keep the dust off.

Up here in Canada my car goes into storage from October to May. I fill the tank with gas, I don't add a fuel stabilizer, pump up the tires to about 45 psi, put the car in reverse gear, put on a loose fitting cover. I keep both windows open about an inch. I put on a trickle charger. Every time I go into the garage to pull out the snowblower I pull back the car cover and dream of warm, sunny summer days. Come spring it fires right up.

Same here. Park it Nov 1. Pump up the tires, added stabilizer, keep it plugged into the battery tender., and dream of warmer days. My garage is heated so it stays warm too.

Up here in Canada my car goes into storage from October to May. I fill the tank with gas, I don't add a fuel stabilizer, pump up the tires to about 45 psi, put the car in reverse gear, put on a loose fitting cover. I keep both windows open about an inch. I put on a trickle charger. Every time I go into the garage to pull out the snowblower I pull back the car cover and dream of warm, sunny summer days. Come spring it fires right up.

I would suggest using fuel stabilizer for anything longer than 4 months. The octane rating of the fuel will go down over time.

This is my winter with my NSX but I always emptied my gas tank on my MR2 Turbo. I guess I was doing it wrong.

The main reason to keep the tank full is to reduce condensation in the tank. Less air means less condensation.

Back