Winshield washer lever not working

Yesterday, I got my car back from the stereo shop and it was raining slightly on and off. I tried using my winshield wipers by pulling downwards on the wiper lever control and the wiper would attempt to move slightly and stop. Then on my instrument display a red light "I think - EPM light comes on. Everything else works on the winshield wiper control like if I just turn it on normal, fast, intermitent and the squirter control. Anyone ever experience this problem before?

Jackson,

Did you hold the lever down for a while? If you just tap it down, it only moves until you release it and then it stops on the windshiled wherever you let go. You have to hold it until it almost completes the wiping motion when using it that way. I don't know about the "EPM" light. "EPS" would be the electric power steering, but that shouldn't be related.

Chris

Chris,

Yes I did hold the lever down but it just move a little and stops and the eps light comes on. Now if I pull it back in the squirter mode it does work that way, just doesn't work in the lever down position.

Back