• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Window Regulators USA

Thanks for the update, Larry. I saw another post mention that their old web site had been taken down. Glad they are still around.

For those who wonder, they do a very nice job rebuilding power window regulators. After snapping a cable in the NSX sent it off to them for a rebuild and got upgraded cable at no charge. Very quick turn-around, too.

I called them daily for 2 weeks with no answer or return call. I found a place that I highly recommend, Window Motor World, I think it was like $175 and extremely fast turnaround. (found them on ebay)

One thing I will say, before you ship it you should put 2 marks on it (one mark on each piece) to let them know which side is "top" on both, so when they slip the metal arm back on, they put it on the right way. When I got mine back and hooked it up, pressing up made the window go down and pressing down made the window go up... because they slipped the metal arm on backwards which switched the polarity. (Simple fix, just remove the 2 screws and spin it 180 degrees... but that is risky because that could un-set the pins and you may have to send it back for them to rebuild again, which happened to me, but it was free and only added 3 days to my downtime).

Question for you guys, I was doing some research and came across this thread. My driver side window started intermittently not winding down when I flip the switch. If I flip it a few times on auto mode it goes down but very slowly. It goes up on the first flip but very slowly.. The pass side works perfectly. So could this be a motor or regular issue? My car is a 03.

Thanks.

I think this is more likely to be an issue with the mechanics of the regulator assembly and window tracks that are badly in need of lubrication. Use Urea Grease from Honda. It's expensive but a little goes a long way and it lasts.

Search "hugabug" for info on possible issues with the window regulator assembly itself.

This is very helpful, both of my regulators went out the same week. I do have the tracks cleaned and utilized urea grease, hugabuga update with teflon guides with dali window fix its. Time to send them both out for a full re-build along with cables. Will try larrys suggestion and follow up with results.

Last edited:
Folks,

Sorry to say, but no message answering, either internet or phone, and if you go to order a regulator online you get a deadend, looks like that redirects you to the original site. So although I was hopeful they were still around, I am less confident after trying for the last week or so to contact them.

If I hear anything I will update this thread.

Regards,
LarryB

I wasn't happy with the rebuild of my regulator by Window Regulators USA. It's as slow as it was before. I don't think they actually rebuilt the motor and the cables now have slack in them whereas before they didn't. I think all they did was replace the Teflon glides and grease it up. Gee thanks, I could have done that for $40 instead of paying $135 or so with shipping. There was another company near where I live that I considered that does rebuilds but given Window Regulators USA's reputation and not knowing the other company at all, I went with WR.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-2005-A...OR-AND-REGULATOR-REPAIR-SERVICE-/231251194768

Not sure about this other company. I think I'm going to just buy a new one from Honda.

Hey guys,

Think I have different issue now and a worst, before my driver window was going down intermittently and slow when it does (see post 4) now just try to see if it would go down and it does not even attempt to move, flick the switch nothing but my pass side works flawless. Any ideas now is it the motor? I find it very strange that if its the motor it works the pass side flawless and driver side doesn't.

Just a back ground I just got my car out the body shop for some body work and i know they had to do something with the door for a respray but not sure if they took the internal panel off. They said it had that intermittent problem when it came in which is not true because it was working perfectly.

Any thought?

I'm planning on taking to this shop that knows a lot about our cars but before I do I wanted to know if I should try and pre-order the motor so if it has failed they can replace it there and then. Would anyone know the part#

Thanks

Any reputable places to have our regulators rebuilt? My passenger side is stuck shut. [MENTION=3729]Larry Bastanza[/MENTION] were you ever able to reach them?

Well this is my plan if it comes to that. Working great at the moment though {knocks on wood}.
Well this isn't good. I will do as mentiomed by others and just bite the bullet and order two brand new from oemacuraparts. Ill still pursue in reputable companies for my old regulator set up. Will update once updated.

Back