Will the NSX price ever go up

I first saw an NSX at the Houston Auto show back in '91 and fell in love with it...i could not afford it then, so in the back of my mind i knew that i'd own one someday. I bought my NSX'es not as investment, but as something that i could enjoy....I don't plan on selling them anytime soon. :wink:

Last edited:
Greetings

Get a G2 with an automatic -- 8 in 05, 12 in 04, 11 in 03, and 12 in 02 -- 43 total. Black Beauty (2003) is one of 2 -- how is that for rare?:smile:

The other thing that makes her highly collectible (in my mind) is that she is paid for -- always a good feeling.

Cheers,
Martin

Last edited:
The collect ability of an object can only be realized when all objects are in the hand of the collectors. This process takes a couple passive owners until each object is in the hands its collector. Than you will have to pay a collector, not just a passive owner. That applies to anything considered desirable & rare.

Average automobiles reach this the early phase of this state by its 4th owner or 20th year which gives it sufficient time for a "novelty effect" (passive owners) to wear off.

Than by its 50th year another element introduces itself, "preservation" that is what father Honda knew ahead of time, The NSX will preserve itself like no other automobile ever built till this day. Honda invested in its future, and will profit largely on the future press the NSX will receive. - think about it. Honda = Reliability. Honda/Acura still profits today off the press they receive about its durability and reliability of the "old" NSX.

Right now many NSX's are still in the hands of people who own it for many different reasons.

Soon all NSX's will be in the hands of people who consider themselves NSX "aficionados" theres definably more than 1000 out there.:wink:

Good luck negotiating with the later.
Most of the NSX aficionados are spending 20hrs a week on GT4 racing their beloved NSX right now.

Consider this.... video games alone expose specific cars to todays generation more than any generation before. The Honda craze of today is the muscle car craze of the past. You will never see a same post 1990 year Mustang, Vette, Camaro sell for more than a same year NSX, Supra or RX7. That can be proven already today...can anyone prove otherwise?

93 Mustang 5.0 $6k vs 93 RX7 $15k
93 Camaro $5k vs 93 Supra $25k
93 Vette $8k vs 93 NSX $30k

No early 90's Domestic cars math the value of their original Japanese price competitors when new. The 90's was a huge change in the sports car market, Japanese dominated.

In 50 years a NSX will be worth at least whatever a 50 year old Vette is worth today, minimum. now.... multiply by un-comparable NSX production numbers.. you figure it out...

Economics based on Sociology & Psychology. :wink:

50 years down the line......
-All collectible Hondas will be worth more in white since all Type-R marketing was done in White, Civic, NSX, Integra. Not being biased its embedded in Honda.
-1991's will be worth most followed by 2005 (last year).
-Coupes more than Targa's (just like 911's).
-Red always most popular except for Honda it will take second to White (as proven on Skylines, Rx-7's, 240's, Supra's, even Soarer's all Japanese sports cars)
-2002 First year G2
-all G2's because younger generation not as fond of 80's style flip-ups - FACT (can be proven by the amount of attention to Gen2-R got much much more so than Gen1-R
-Than Zanardi
-Than 1997's
-Than is fair game for every one regardless of individual year production. no one cares if theres less 03's than 02's or 95's than 96's, 98 or 99, there based on individual availability.

No I am not being Biased mine is disqualified anyway, modded, painted, 105k miles. could care less what mine is worth. Its not for sale. Probably never will be, unless for some reason I'm forced to to. I'm young could have bought any thing CASH under 200k but choose a NSX (and more properties)... Yes Grantourismo generation. Yes I have 2. Yes I want a third one currently looking for a 1991 under 30k miles (or 92 White first year) must be garage queen all original not a dent scratch wear or tear...

Last edited:
Who me? Nahhhhhh... I think you're talking about Ski_Banker and BioBanker :biggrin: . I'm just a lowly engineer who also happens to run a small equity derivative fund.

I think if they made a bunch of Yellow/Onyx '05s but there were only a couple clean ones left, then you'd be more collectible. But you've got the next best thing going for you. BTW, I love your car's color combo.

thanks for the comments bro...I knew you were in the biz as soon as I saw you say "hit a bid"....

we run a couple of CLO's, invest in Bank Debt and Bonds...fun stuff, but the market is unbelievably rocky right now!!!! but fun;)

Back