will i ever have an NSX someday?

k, so i'm 18, have dreamt of owning an NSX since I was ..12.
I can't tell you how much I love this car. So I guess what I'm wondering is how did all of you NSX owners make the dream come true?

Are you rich?
Did you save up? how much for how long?
Was it new?
If not, what year was it and how many miles did it have?

I also dont have an NSX...yet. But I plan on saving up ~$13,000 over the next year or 2, and putting that all down on a 91 with ~70k miles. I cant afford a high monthly payment, with insurance too. The hardest part is not upgrading my comp, and no mods for my '97 prelude (which I suppose could be the little little brother of the NSX), etc.

Sooner or later though, Ill get one to call my own :)

I was thinking along the same lines, an old NSX with some mileage, but my sister says to me "sure an NSX is cool, but it's not gunna be so cool when you're sitting on the side of the road" (because it would be an older one) but im like, hey, if i'm sitting on the side of the road in an NSX, I'll be happy.
okay so maybe not, but I still want one more than anything.

Last edited:
Ana,

it is good to dream, I dreamt of owning a NSX ever since I saw my buddy's shiny red NSX. I had a 300ZX TT at the time the I saw the NSX, and it was over for me. Couple of years later, I was going to buy a 92 black, but my ex and I were thinking of getting married so the dream was put on hold. Needless to say, the marriage did not happen, and here I am 2 yrs later owning a 94 black with 33k miles on it. I don't make a lot of money, but enough to play around with. That is in any dream Ana, if you want something bad enough... you will find a way to get it:D . Don't you worry, you're still young yet my friend, and I know some day you will own one... but don't get married till then:p . Good Luck.

Max Pham

An earily model NSX in nice condition with moderate milage is really not much more expensive than most other new vehciles (about $30,000).

I don't know why you'd be end up sitting by the side of the road in your NSX-- these cars are very reliable, even when older. I've had my '91 for about 3 years now and put on about 25k in that time. Never once has she left me by the side of the road.

BB said:

I don't know why you'd be end up sitting by the side of the road in your NSX-- these cars are very reliable, even when older. I've had my '91 for about 3 years now and put on about 25k in that time. Never once has she left me by the side of the road.

I tried to explain that. Hondas and Acura's in general are the most reliable cars imo.

Hey Ana, I turn 20 next month and dreamt of owning a Viper for the longest time, but when I drove one, I changed my mind and got the NSX instead...Nothing compares.

I'm trying to get things in place to either buy my own house and keep my blk/blk 91 or move into an apartment/condo and keep my 91, buy a 97+ (yellow) and a nice sportbike...I like cars, so veichles+apt. makes more sense for me right now...

I'm not rich at all...i made some money with an MLM (not about to get into that) and invested it properly and now I'm opening up my own detailing service...

There is a ton of money to be made out there, but you need to think about how to make it...and remember, it takes money to make money!!!

PS: we have a condo in Siesta key that we'll be visiting quite a bit...I know its not too far from Naples...when you get your NSX, we'll have to cruise sometime :) PM me and I'll let you know when I'm over there and, if you prove responsible, maybe i'll let you drive mine for a bit ;)

Im in the same boat

Ana, do not fret. I turned 20 4 months ago and the NSX has been my dream since I first saw one at the tender age of 12. So much, that I refuse to even date so that I do not become distracted with my money and squander my dreams!!!! :mad: LOL Am I a car enthusiast or what?? Yeah! I own a 2000 Honda CRV. It is white whith all the trime painted to match, very clean, has several mods (a Jackson SC for one) and it will be my daily driver 'til the wheels fall off. You see my peeps bought it for me and I worked, saved, bought my supercharger and wheels, and all that cool stuff; it took a lot of time and effort but it taught me that it feels good to work for something you want. I know it will be a little while before I get my new weekend hobbie (the NSX;) ) but I also know that the day I get the keys to my very own "X" I'm going to sit in that driver seat for 10 or so minutes and just take it in and be proud that the first car I ever bought with my own money was my DREAM car. Oh yes, it will be a good day in the life of B.T. when he takes delivery of an NSX...

But... I digress.

P.S. Can you tell I think about this a lot?

P.S.S. Recycling, good call!!!!!

How do you go about getting into recycling??

B.T: I remember the smell of the car when i first got it...i sat in it for 15 minutes just playing with knobs and what not...listening to New Found Glory and driving home down the Florida Turnpike with a BIG ass smile on my face!!!

And then the first time I got on it...WOW!! I was impressed that such a small little motor could do so much :) I fell in love!

And showing my friends was probably the greatest feeling ever...

oh and i bought this car on my own too...my parents bought me my mustang which i sold for $7500 when i got the X

So, Brian (that is actually my name too except with a "Y") you were converted from 'stangs to Hondas? Oh and I know that when I get one I am going to have the BIGGEST grin on my face fore like a week straight!!! I'm talking about some of that ear to ear stuff!! Anyways dude, I gotta quit talking about this right now!!! :eek:

P.S. Florida huh? Where does your "X" call home? I'm outside Savannah, GA.

I hate to sound like a dad but....

1. Get your education FIRST.
2. Buy a house (with a garage of course)
3. Then you are ready to get the NSX.

Good Luck!:)

hlweyl said:

That's exactly what my dad told me and these are all what I did....:)
I waited for almost 10 years.

hlweyl said:

This plan was what I followed, and I recommend it too.

hlweyl said:

Here is mine
1. Get your education (I already got mine)
2. Get your NSX (I got that too)
3. Mod it until you happy (Working on it)
4. Get a house (damn california......can't get a decent one for good price)

AndyH said:
Here is mine
4. Get a house (damn california......can't get a decent one for good price)

Depends on...you guessed it, LOCATION.

In Orange County, you can pretty much expect to get shafted especially in the southern part. The closer you get to Newport Beach, the more impossible it gets.

Anyway, I met this girl who just bought a house in Fontana. Out there, $350k gets you a 5 bedroom house...but look where it's at!
:rolleyes:

Watch Back to the Future again. It's just like the Doc says, "if you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything."

hlweyl said:

I followed this blueprint as well to much success.

1. Got my degree.
2. Bought a house with a two car garage (daily driver and NSX).
3. Bought my 97 NSX. Now I'm just trying to mod the heck out of it.

All done at 24 with my own money. It can be done if you set your mind to it.

Mike

allkingz said:
Watch Back to the Future again. It's just like the Doc says, "if you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything."

That's one of my favorite movies!!! I wish I had that damn sports almanac from part 2!!! LOL

Thanks for the advice dad :rolleyes: LOL Yeah, I'm not just some dumb kid that works at Wally World and dreams about this car day and night. I actually do have a work ethic and a means by which to EVENTUALLY aquire this car. But thanks again for the advice! :p

Mike, your story sounds pretty much like mine...too bad you live all the way in NC~now that I have my dream car, the only thing that could be better is having a man with my dream cars sis!
=)

I do agree that if you want it so much, you can have one.

To a lot of people $30,000 for a car is really not that much, look at all the cars/SUV there, it's everywhere, and luckily, used nsx nowadays is kind of affordable, and I can tell you, this could be the most reliable used car out there.

Now I do not make tons of money, but I'm willing to work over the weekends to pay for the car. It's not just a dream, you can do it, but it takes discipline and sacrifices to save money. Also, please please make sure what you are actually want in life... I met so many people that they want this and want that, Life is a compromise.
With the way I worked and saving money, some of my co-workers and friends almost slapped me for buying the nsx and not buying a house...(cuz it's the right thing to do.)

To me, I'm so gear head that I figured even if somebody guaranteed me earning a million 10 yrs later but I have to trade in my nsx now... I will not. Yes, I'm illogical on this, but I come to the point that if I put my every cents of my saving to a house, I'll be a very very upset person.

Well, I'm different, cuz my biggest interest/passion (eh, like 99%) is cars and driving... Nothing had been steered the interest away in my last 27 years, and nothing will.

if you want something bad enough, you can make it happen.....click your heal three times, close your eyes and wish... ;)

missnsx said:
Mike, your story sounds pretty much like mine...too bad you live all the way in NC~now that I have my dream car, the only thing that could be better is having a man with my dream cars sis!
=)

Joel,
stop scaring people away..................you need to get hook up w/ phil :cool:

i strongly recommend suggestions on top....get a house first w/ garage.........and a car. ...But start with the education--it is the key!!

Joel said:
Depends on...you guessed it, LOCATION.

In Orange County, you can pretty much expect to get shafted especially in the southern part. The closer you get to Newport Beach, the more impossible it gets.

Anyway, I met this girl who just bought a house in Fontana. Out there, $350k gets you a 5 bedroom house...but look where it's at!
:rolleyes:

Back