Will 20 inch rims fit on a 1992 NSX on the rear??

Yes it is possible to make you're NSX look like a 4x4 ; you to can be MIlie Vanili just purchase this kit............(you know the story, as seen on Living Colors)LOL:smile:.

It's certainly possible to put $4,000 of hula hoops on your car :redface:

I'm sure you've already taken into account the upsides and downsides of using this size, however, so more power to you.

Last edited:
LOL can someone do a photoshop of an NSX with 40's inch spinners like those people that need to use a ladder to climb into and out of their 4-door on their 2000 Oldsmobile LOL

but its your car

dont sell your OEM rims cuz when you go to sell the car after the Upper control arms on all 4 corners snap

Just don't do it. It's an NSX. let it live with some dignity.

The size of wheel that looks good is dependent on how tall the body is.
Cars like the GTR need huge wheels to look 'normal' on a huge car.
17s on the NSX look like 20s on a GTR

ga_big_pic11bigwheel1.jpg

but see you lowered the car which makes up for the difference. the handling must have been sub-par compared to the OEM sizes.

now that looks good though

but it still looks to high. there has to be atleast 6-7 inches under the car height wise

18/19 is the perfect size, 19/20 just looks ridiculous.

that is your opinion..mine is 17/18....From my reading there are many on prime who think 18/19 is "ridiculous".But thats the beauty of the hobby,your car should make you happy.Still that car in the pic above looks utterly undriveable to me,on real roads at real speeds.

i would agree with docjohn, i have 18/19s now.. just took them off. 17/18 is what i would go.

interresting data point...Its funny because young folks who are new owners see the nsx and wheel fitments just like any new modern car...but in fact the nsx design was built around 15/16 inch wheels...so in fact the 17/18 combo which is most common is a 2 plus mod.The nsx has too a low a silouette to look balanced on those larger wheels imo.

lol ...........lets just say "young at heart".

I think the real problem is finding tires in the 15/16 sizes that are Z rated.I would prob go back to 15-16 IF... tires is my reason. I mean I would not put falken, or Kumho those tire are like 10 bucks each.

if you want to PLAY you have to PAY.

that is your opinion..mine is 17/18....From my reading there are many on prime who think 18/19 is "ridiculous".But thats the beauty of the hobby,your car should make you happy.Still that car in the pic above looks utterly undriveable to me,on real roads at real speeds.

+1, I prefer the 17/18. But at the end of the day, it is whatever that makes you happy >=]

I think the real problem is finding tires in the 15/16 sizes that are Z rated.I would prob go back to 15-16 IF... tires is my reason.
Huh? That's not a problem at all. The best tires on the market are the "extreme performance" tires. Two of those - the Kumho Ecsta XS and the Falken Azenis RT-615K - come in 15"/16" sizes with a W speed rating, which is higher than the Z speed rating. And if you're not planning on going over 149 mph, you can get tires with a V speed rating, which opens up three more: Bridgestone Potenza RE-11, Yokohama Advan Neova AD08, and Toyo Proxes R1R.

These and other extreme performance tires are available for NSX sizes to fit 15"/16", 16"/17", 17"/17", and 17"/18" wheels. But they're not available for 18"/19" or larger wheels. That's why those 18"/19" and larger wheels are a big step down in performance - because you can't get the stickiest tires for them.

thanks for that info. like I always post I am wrong all the time LOL every so often I get something right. :smile:

No problem, Shawn - it's all good. Keeping up with the most accurate information helps all of us take care of our cars.

Happy holidays!

Back