Will '02+ center tail lens fit '94 car?

Before I buy one, I just want to make sure the bolts on an '02+ center tail lens match up with a '94 car, and the lens is the same size, and same color red.

I would like to have the center lens with the "A" badge instead of the "ACURA" logo. IMO it just looks better. Has anyone else done this or have info? Thanks.

-DREW-

NICE! I will switch.:cool:

Thanks again,

-DREW-

You don't need any gaskets for the center tail light, it's already sealed (unlike the left and right tail lights, which use compression gaskets).

If you're DIY-inclined, Acura sells the 'A' emblem for 2002+ by itself, it's PN 75701-SL0-A01 and comes with double-sided tape attached.

Your current 'Acura' emblem is a sticker, attached inside of the red lens. If you heat up the center tail light, you can separate the two halves and remove the sticker.

I removed the 2002+ chrome A from the outside, and installed a black vinyl 'A' on the inside of the lens:

DSC04543.JPG

Last edited:
I wonder why the center being the only one your " heated up " looks darker than the left and right since you didnt heat them up?

I like that look but all of my tails red match ya know

I like that look but all of my tails red match ya know

The color of the factory 2002+ center piece is darker; the degree to which this is apparent depends on lighting and camera settings.

My selection of pictures is limited, but here is an image just after the lights were installed - it's taken with the sun shining directly onto the tail light set, making for the worst situation to illustrate the color-difference, but you can see the change in shade between the center and side light housings:

2.jpg

It's not a kitchen accident, which infers that for a consistent appearance, one might be better served modifying their existing component, rather than installing the factory 2002-2005 part, which is darker.

To add to the confusion, the factory 2002-2005 side pieces are a color match to the factory 1991-2001 center piece, so many people doing the retrofit reuse their old center piece in a cost-saving measure, and create a consistently colored result.

I suppose another possible explanation are color differences between different batches of tail light sets for 2002-2005 models, I ordered all of mine from the same dealership, in the same order (but being a NOS part, that doesn't mean they were produced at the same time, or even in the same year).

I figured different lighting situations would effect it still looks good though

but then again I love my acura center
but then again I like the blank center
then again I like the acura logo

I just dont know what I want.

OK. Thanks for the pics. I have already ordered the new lens, it comes as one piece plus bezel and nine small round gaskets.

The darker shade of red is not that noticeable. I will see how the brookland green will offset the reds and make them look a little closer to each other.

I am also dealing with water~~~~~and condensation:::::::: in the light lenses. I removed them and they are drying out right now. I ordered the gaskets (all four) and will seal the top edges of the light housings. When I get it put back together I will attach a photo.

-DREW-

Last edited:
Here are the photos. The after is way better! Thanks again for the info.

Looking good.... but perhaps at some point......... JDM!?

:D

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 64
NICE! Looks awesome with the blue. But I will stick with the "A" badge on the green. Bling! Ha ha.:smile: What year is your blue?

Pics are a little crappy,:mad: need a better camera.

Last edited:
NICE! Looks awesome with the blue. But I will stick with the "A" badge on the green. Bling! Ha ha.:smile: What year is your blue?

Pics are a little crappy,:mad: need a better camera.

Those pics look good! (but to be fair, I am the king of intensely horrible pics :D )

Its a 1999 JDM'd out... But its amazing how little Acura badging the car really has, so "JDM'd out" pretty much just means nose emblem and tail lights (I added valve stem caps... LOL)

I think the change you did was good. I've only owned NA2s so always had the little "A" instead of "ACURA". This is the first one JDM badged, even though I'd always wanted to do it. I just like the consistency of making it all Honda since all of the stamping - engine, door sills, glass, etc is Honda.

Tricky thing to JDM would be the steering wheel, but in my case I have a MOMO wheel.

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 4qtr_april_09_117.jpg
    4qtr_april_09_117.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Back