Wife says I need a BBK for the NSX

So, Lisa and I met Mike C for breakfast at The Pancake House in Rocklin on Saturday (he was visiting family in the area) and on the way home, out of the blue, she says "You need to get big brakes for the NSX". "The ones with the big red calipers" :eek: :biggrin:

Now, I know my wife is cool (hopefully she sees this post), but I wasn't expecting to be told that I NEED to buy a BBK.

Sadly, I told her, as much as I would love to (and don't think I haven't contemplated getting them already), I can't unless I get new wheels. I love my wheels and can't see my NSX with anything else.

Oh well, looks like no big brakes for the NSX, but that discussion gets me a little closer to the CTSC. :biggrin:

Now, does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a LV, Prada or Hermes handbag? :tongue: I'm sure I'll be be shopping for one of those for Christmas.

Wait...was I set up...again? :tongue: :wink:

SUCKER!!!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I think you were set up.... haahaaa.
Christmas season, time to GIVE.
LV, Prada and Hermes handbag were NOT meant to be bought at a sale price, it means it was last year's model and you can't do that.... no, no, no... :tongue:

Make sure you take her to the store in downtown. Her shopping for one and receiving the service is half the fun.

BUT, if you find it on sale, please let me know:biggrin:

You can sometimes spot Prada at Costco. :eek:

I'd think for LV you'd just head to SF as they would have the best selection. :biggrin:

Otto

I don't see a problem... All you have to do is convert your existing wheels (since they are 3 piece wheels) to allow for BBK. Very simple to do.

Then, take Lisa to SF for a fun filled weekend shopping at the LV store (and any other store she desires) while spending a few night in a Suite at the St. Francis. After doing that, Lisa will probably say your NSX is not fast enough, you need to get a Comptech Supercharger like Mike :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

NALESH YOU ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE A WIFE LIKE LISA, YOU ARE TRULY BLESSED.

I hope Lisa is reading this thread :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

So, Lisa and I met Mike C for breakfast at The Pancake House in Rocklin on Saturday (he was visiting family in the area) and on the way home, out of the blue, she says "You need to get big brakes for the NSX". "The ones with the big red calipers" :eek: :biggrin:

Now, I know my wife is cool (hopefully she sees this post), but I wasn't expecting to be told that I NEED to buy a BBK.

Sadly, I told her, as much as I would love to (and don't think I haven't contemplated getting them already), I can't unless I get new wheels. I love my wheels and can't see my NSX with anything else.

Oh well, looks like no big brakes for the NSX, but that discussion gets me a little closer to the CTSC. :biggrin:

Now, does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a LV, Prada or Hermes handbag? :tongue: I'm sure I'll be be shopping for one of those for Christmas.

Wait...was I set up...again? :tongue: :wink:

NALESH,I LOVE!! THE BOSS LADY SHE'S COOL...BILL

I don't see a problem... All you have to do is convert your existing wheels (since they are 3 piece wheels) to allow for BBK. Very simple to do.

Then, take Lisa to SF for a fun filled weekend shopping at the LV store (and any other store she desires) while spending a few night in a Suite at the St. Francis. After doing that, Lisa will probably say your NSX is not fast enough, you need to get a Comptech Supercharger like Mike :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

NALESH YOU ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE A WIFE LIKE LISA, YOU ARE TRULY BLESSED.

I hope Lisa is reading this thread :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

soooo jealous!!

Oh yeah, I put some thought into that too, but in order to get the offset to fit a BBK, the center section on the front would end up sticking out past the front lip. The spokes on the center are pretty thick and flat and don't allow any curvature for big calipers. The center section is also too small in diamter to fit the BBK. I'd have to go to a 18/19 setup. :frown:

In the end I don't think I'll have the BBK, but somehow I know I'm in for a shopping trip to SF very soon. :smile:

Oh yeah, I put some thought into that too, but in order to get the offset to fit a BBK, the center section on the front would end up sticking out past the front lip. The spokes on the center are pretty thick and flat and don't allow any curvature for big calipers. The center section is also too small in diamter to fit the BBK. I'd have to go to a 18/19 setup. :frown:

In the end I don't think I'll have the BBK, but somehow I know I'm in for a shopping trip to SF very soon. :smile:

Nalesh, I have Ken's old StopTech BBK (Front and Back)on my car with 17/18 Prodrives longer studs, etc... You don't really have to go 18/19. Talk to Steve H. he's running BBK with 17/18 SSR's

Going 18/19 isn't such a bad thing and with BBK, it will be a VERY GOOD THING. I don't think there is an NSX out there with 18/19 wheels made by Fikse. hhmmm, something to consider :biggrin:

Not sure what wheels you have, but when you mention that you cannot see the NSX with any other type of wheel, I automatically assume the stock late model 7-spoke wheels, for which they do make a big brake kit for.
(http://northwest.nsxca.org/clubcars/mike/brakes/brake5.jpg)
Believe me, after one spirited drive with a supercharger, you'll be shopping for bigger brakes.
:-)

I have the 7 spokers, but they are sitting in the corner of the garage. The NSX is currently wearing Fikse FM/5 w/ a 17/18 setup. But, now that you mention this kit fits under the stock 7 spokers, I'm thinking these might fit under my current wheels as well. And the research begins....:smile:

Heya Nalesh, how about your wife hang out with my wife and well see what car parts we can get them both to agree on. I have a HUGE list for santa, but i dont think santa is really listening to me =P

BTW, Cruz has that affect on others, you know, the one that makes you just wanna mod the car. =) He doesnt even have to say much but it all starts with: "You know what would really look nice?"

Not sure what wheels you have, but when you mention that you cannot see the NSX with any other type of wheel, I automatically assume the stock late model 7-spoke wheels, for which they do make a big brake kit for.
(http://northwest.nsxca.org/clubcars/mike/brakes/brake5.jpg)
Believe me, after one spirited drive with a supercharger, you'll be shopping for bigger brakes.
:-)

Wow a BBK that will fit under the stock wheel? Awesome. Is that front and rear?

I would love to see something like that.

Wow a BBK that will fit under the stock wheel? Awesome. Is that front and rear?

Unfortunatey, no. When Comptech was in business, they sold the BBK, and the "mini" BBK for the fronts only. The mini kit fits under the stock 7-spokers. These are phenomenal brakes and will improve your stopping power big time over an all stock setup. I had driven my car so hard that the plastic center caps melted out of my rear wheels (because the rear brakes were so hot) yet, at the same time, I could place my bare hand on the calipers of the front brakes.

We talked about the BBK again this week.

Quote from Lisa: "Brakes and tires are the most important safety items on your car. Get the best brakes and the best tires".

Me (thinking to myself)..."Damn, got the green light, but I don't want to part w/ my wheels, and the mini-BBK won't fit due to the shape of the spokes on my Fikses...damn, damn damn!!!"

So, still no BBK for me - even w/ the wife telling me to get them. But, somehow she convinced me to pay for a 2nd patio cover (this time 20ftx18ft) in the backyard. I was tricked again. :tongue:

We talked about the BBK again this week.

Quote from Lisa: "Brakes and tires are the most important safety items on your car. Get the best brakes and the best tires".

Me (thinking to myself)..."Damn, got the green light, but I don't want to part w/ my wheels, and the mini-BBK won't fit due to the shape of the spokes on my Fikses...damn, damn damn!!!"

So, still no BBK for me - even w/ the wife telling me to get them. But, somehow she convinced me to pay for a 2nd patio cover (this time 20ftx18ft) in the backyard. I was tricked again. :tongue:

Good choice,
The BBK is a waist of $$$$$ unless you want to look good, your stock brakes will stop you in any situation you can get yourself in, even at the track so save that money for the blower (and you still won't need the brakes and wheels)
If you want to look cool and stop better change the rotors and pads.
JMO

Steve

+1 on saving money for the blower, but if you do get a blower, you may need additional stopping power for the additional speed. i'm fairly certain the stock calipers will hold, but i'd upgrade to s/s lines and great pads (hawk hp+). if you find yourself on the quaint island of Guam, there are lv and prada stores there. you still pay retail, but no tax.

Back