Wi-Fi poll

Which wireless setup are you running at home?

• 802.11b

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • 802.11g

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • 802.11a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Wi-Fi, I'm still on a wired router

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • My PC is directly connected to the cable/dsl modem

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Whatcha talkin' about? I'm still on dial-up!

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
PHOEN$X said:
D'Ecosse, I found documented problems with your Linksys B router and VPN:

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,8474601~root=equip,16~mode=flat
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,7069184~root=equip,16~mode=flat~start=260

Sounds like it needs a firmware update (which is not uncommon with older equipment)

I found VPN & WPC11 issues in the Linksys support FAQ, which is probably the issue - there are other quirks associated with the router, however since it worked fine with the other laptop g card & Linksys acknowledges an issue, that would appear to put the problem area firmly with the WPC11. I'll try the beta drivers tonight & see what happens!

PHOEN$X said:
Looks like we've got a lot of folks running wireless setups at home. Anyone have any problems with intereference, range, etc.? I noticed that my Panasonic 2.4GHz Gigarange phone will cause the connection to drop, but my Siemens 2.4GHz system seems to coexist fine with it.

I get some interference on my tv by the Dlink. I transfer the tv signal from the livingroom by air too, but not a problem.

I also have a Siemens 4000micro. Not sure what range it is in though, but no problem.

Regards

I had many problems with Linksys.

Went with the latest version of the Apple Airport (802.11g). Works great on all our devices. We also installed a wireless HP Direct box on our laser printer at home too.

Very cool and convenient.

-Jim

PHOEN$X said:
Looks like we've got a lot of folks running wireless setups at home. Anyone have any problems with intereference, range, etc.? I noticed that my Panasonic 2.4GHz Gigarange phone will cause the connection to drop, but my Siemens 2.4GHz system seems to coexist fine with it.

Hi Kelvin,

I had two versions of Panasonic's 2.4GHz cordless telephones. The older one (which died not too long ago), would drop my wireless connection every single time it's used.

The one that's still alive (exact same one you have) just started to drop my wireless signal a few months ago. I just "pick up the line", start changing channels until I get my wireless signal back. It will then be OK for another few months... it has only happened twice so far. The time in between has been long enough for me to forget the problem and then I start playing with my Wireless AP.

Hope that helps!

--Conrad

P.S. I have a D-Link DI-614+ Router.