Why you should NEVER drink and drive

WARNING: SOME PEOPLE MAY FIND IS QUITE GRAPHIC... VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRESSION

I got this via email... very sobering. It shows a girl who was involved in a drink driving accident. Horrific stuff... but we all need a reality like this sometimes.
frown.gif

<A HREF="http://www.optusnet.com.au/~mike.m/drinking_and_driving.htm">Why you should NEVER Drink & Drive</A>.

<FONT SIZE=1>Lud: Hope i haven't overstepped any boundary (hence my above warnings). please remove post if it upsets u.

You would think that some things are worse than death.

I have a friend that was burned almost this bad about ten years ago in a roll over accident. He was not able to remove his seat belt to get out of the Jeep he was in and received Third degree burns over his face and left side. Unlike this poor girl he still has all his fingers but his face was at first as disfigured as hers is. His eyelids have been replaced as well as his lips in skin graft operations, and he has prosthetic ears. The doctors have told him he will more than likely die much earlier than before the accident because of permanent lung damage. Remarkable his attitude has never changed he is still upbeat and fun to hang out with. He works with others that have been disfigured and is an inspiration for them and anyone that he comes in contact with.

Dear God!

I'm an R.N. and I have seen quite a few people who have suffered some drastic fate before. I thought I would never see anything that would surprise me anymore.

I was wrong.

I feel so sorry and angry at the same time. That could have been a family member in the same situation.

I'm literally holding back tears right now.

My heart hurts to see anyone have to withstand that type of situation.

Father forgive them.
They know not what they do.

Count your blessings.
I "was" having a trying day.

It's sobering to see something as dramatic as the situation above and believe we are invincable.

Thank You.
MYNSX (Bill)

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

That truly is horrific to see such things. I can't imagine the grief and heartache her and her family have to endure. Very saddening.
frown.gif

------------------
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

The saddest part is that she was not the one drinking & driving but has to pay the consequences of someone else's mistake, this is often the case. My heart goes out to her & her family.

Originally posted by QWKSLVR:
The saddest part is that she was not the one drinking & driving but has to pay the consequences of someone else's mistake...

That is the saddest part of it all. Also shows you how life can change in an instant. What an awful, awful thing to happen to somebody!! May God bless her and her family!!

Regards.

Back