• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why spend that much for your NSX?

It was an inside joke.
It was a joke about s4play's $50k+ S2000 that he is trying to sell.

LOL :rolleyes: actually $52k now :cool:

Trying to get to 100k views eventually......but thanks for looking and have a nice day!

My 2 cents:

these cars are "toys"... and should be regarded as such... we are all very very lucky to own these things regardless of wheather they are Porsches, NSX, ferraris, whatever.

They are an emotional purchase.. the car needs to "speak to you",,,, if it was not emotional, we'd all be driving Accords or mini vans

Is it really about performance?... come on.. all these fancy cars will break the speed limit in second gear... how many of us USE that performance... not many I'd bet... as anyone with the resources to have a car like these... is not stupid enough to USE that performance.

It's about what speaks to you.. I've had a pile of Porsches... and loved them. I would really like a ferrari someday (much less now that I have an NSX!!!), but I came to realize that no piece of machinery should be so poorly engineered that they need that much maintenance!!!!!! there is no excuse for that. Period

SO... YOU BUY WHAT SPEAKS TO YOU... BUY THE CAR THAT EVERYTIME YOU WALK PAST IT IN THE GARAGE.. YOU SMILE.... DON'T SPEND TOO MUCH.. YOU'll RESENT IT SOON... DON'T BUY IT WHEN THE MONEY SHOULD REALLY BE SPENT ON SOMETHING ELSE... YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL RESENT THE CAR VERY SOON.

AFTER YOUR FRIENDs AND FAMILY OOOHH AND AHH OVER THE CAR... YOU ARE THE ONE LIVING WITH IT.. PAYING FOR IT.. MAINTAINING IT.. buy what speaks to you.!!!

I also look for the car I can make 1 payment on... the first and only!!!.. for me.. that's a big part of the fun!!!

putting soapbox away now

My 2 cents:

these cars are "toys"... and should be regarded as such... we are all very very lucky to own these things regardless of wheather they are Porsches, NSX, ferraris, whatever.

They are an emotional purchase.. the car needs to "speak to you",,,, if it was not emotional, we'd all be driving Accords or mini vans

Is it really about performance?... come on.. all these fancy cars will break the speed limit in second gear... how many of us USE that performance... not many I'd bet... as anyone with the resources to have a car like these... is not stupid enough to USE that performance.

It's about what speaks to you.. I've had a pile of Porsches... and loved them. I would really like a ferrari someday (much less now that I have an NSX!!!), but I came to realize that no piece of machinery should be so poorly engineered that they need that much maintenance!!!!!! there is no excuse for that. Period

SO... YOU BUY WHAT SPEAKS TO YOU... BUY THE CAR THAT EVERYTIME YOU WALK PAST IT IN THE GARAGE.. YOU SMILE.... DON'T SPEND TOO MUCH.. YOU'll RESENT IT SOON... DON'T BUY IT WHEN THE MONEY SHOULD REALLY BE SPENT ON SOMETHING ELSE... YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL RESENT THE CAR VERY SOON.

AFTER YOUR FRIENDs AND FAMILY OOOHH AND AHH OVER THE CAR... YOU ARE THE ONE LIVING WITH IT.. PAYING FOR IT.. MAINTAINING IT.. buy what speaks to you.!!!

I also look for the car I can make 1 payment on... the first and only!!!.. for me.. that's a big part of the fun!!!

putting soapbox away now

Gthong for president!

I believe the OP has a legitimate question.

I've been tempted at a newer NSX, but am not sure I can justify the difference in price between my 91 for a newer 97+.

I haven't been a fan of the bug-eye lights & prefer the pop-ups, BUT Turbo2Go's 05 Silverstone sure looks nice. It may just about have me persuaded.

I'm happy with what I have, know what I have and don't have the risk of purchasing somebody else's problem.

Personally, I thought about a late model Vette or something else. But had always wanted an NSX and had been looking and watching the market for years. Then March of 08 I finally bagged my NSX. :smile:

I have no regrets. The only regret is, that it took so long.

It always brings a :biggrin: to my face. Driving it, looking at it. FUN.

BUT Turbo2Go's 05 Silverstone sure looks nice. It may just about have me persuaded..

If you enter the next hottest NSX contest, I will assure you a win. :biggrin:

Back